• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my k11 from CG10 TO SR20DE TO SR20DET 4WD K11 ( my micras next episode of its life )

OP
OP
JFVjm
You're not going to drive it like that though are you? Could be interesting if you do ;)

Haha. Ther is no suspension on the front. Im waiting on coilovers at the moment . This is still micra rack and hubs too.once engine is back from boring out. I can get it fitted and set accordingly. I have a set of brand new alloys to fit once completed. Then run engine in then go for mot then iva test

OP
OP
JFVjm
my coilovers from japan should arrive in the coming weeks so i can start mock fitting the engine and box /shafts into place.
in the mean time ive bought myself a new daily driver jap import toyota sera to keep me occupied

This thread has been dormant for a while... What happened?

He switched chassis, B13 platform. Didn't want to be a part of the Micra scene. (totally understandable, not many performance oriented people on here, everyone just wants to slam their micra ;))

His thread continues on the 100NXC forum (registred members only)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
He switched chassis, B13 platform. Didn't want to be a part of the Micra scene. (totally understandable, not many performance oriented people on here, everyone just wants to slam their micra ;))

His thread continues on the 100NXC forum (registred members only)
That's because too many people don't respect things they don't understand
Partially why I too moved my blogs :)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
That's because too many people don't respect things they don't understand
Partially why I too moved my blogs :)

i can not imagine you alls success has to do with what others think.
so erm, bring'm back alive son:).theirs always haters. But that hasn't clamped your style before so why now, getting old? :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
i can not imagine you alls success has to do with what others think.
so erm, bring'm back alive son:).theirs always haters. But that hasn't clamped your style before so why now, getting old? :)
Success isnt based on what others think its based on how you believe you've done in achieving your goals, but very few people will share their journey leading to their success with people who have no interest or have some kind of negativity towards the project.
There seems to be some kind of thing with forums, not just the MSC, that if a project is a bit out there beyond the norm it'll go 2 or maybe both ways. Members of the forum who dont understand may give an impression they understand, attempt to offer incorrect advice, make bogus assumptions based on the been n done processes which dont apply and generally wear down the motivation or enthusiasm of what is a very small number of people these days.
Or
The project gets boycotted by members for whatever reason (lack of interest, takes too long or little knowledge of what is going on etc) so people dont see the point in updating

Either way, its good reason enough to either not bother with the blog on said forum and/or move it to one where members contribute, understanding or not, in a positive manner

Me personally, I've always kept a small personal log of H701, that's always been enough for me, the blog thing was kind of new and still is, I forget to take pictures on the regular. Drawing from past experience with Nissanubaru on here, I'll keep it to myself, the only reason I add the odd photo is because a couple of folks ask me to :)

frank

Club Member
blogs will always get some negative comments, you just have to have thick skin thats all (ref dougy,s spangle interior :D water off a ducks back)
i just post my updates on the WDIDT ? thread personally, and if someone has the opinion that my ideas or mods suck, then so what ! (its a free internet, and they are entitled to their opinion)

blogs will always get some negative comments, you just have to have thick skin thats all (ref dougy,s spangle interior :D water off a ducks back)
i just post my updates on the WDIDT ? thread personally, and if someone has the opinion that my ideas or mods suck, then so what ! (its a free internet, and they are entitled to their opinion)

Couldn't agree more :)
Your car, if you like it that's what's important

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Negativity drains the fun and motivation from builds. Not everyone has a stiff upper lip.
On an enthusiasts forum we shouldn't expect that anyway

frank

Club Member
what is also "sad but true" is that some very interesting threads disappear because members get the hump (or else members dont create a build thread for the same reason)
so we end up with a forum full of tumbleweed ! (and endless lowering or wheels threads)
to quote daniel_ ^ "not many performance oriented people on here, everyone just wants to slam their micra"

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Then show the interesting threads support
I know for me I've stuck mine on my website, as a business prospect I'd rather the interest went there

Not only all the above but the Facebook page has been the new easy way of sharing everything

frank

Club Member
i see the facebook page as just a daily chat room personally andy, a forum should be a place to bounce ideas off each other imo, and somewhere to ask or give advice "unselfishly" and somewhere to archive that valuable info (re, pollyp blog etc)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
They use the Facebook page for those things. I get tagged in posts everyday with questions for advice and ideas. I won't tell em to go on the forum and ask I just answer. When you're self employed sometimes you've got to limit your information or you're giving away your wages.
That said I have made a thing of using the forum but the same response came back they didn't feel welcome here. I've asked if people would just sign up to a free account and give it a shot here

frank

Club Member
there,s a limit to how many times you will answer the same damn questions again and again tho, people just cant be arsed to search stuff
and many members are answering with hearsay "advice" on there :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Imagining filtering coffee several times. That's the info mainly on there. Passed down from the club through a few folk. Good bits go missing

Ah I agree. The coilover question gets annoying. But I wrote the info down and just post the link :)

I'll agree, the Facebook page is very easy to ask a question and get several answers in the space of 10 minutes.. But the answers aren't always right

And then when you try and find your post to double check what people said, you can't always find it as it just disappears.

Forum is much better for blogs but it takes more effort to write stuff to the forum than to Facebook... People are lazy :p

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Looking at it this way it would only take a few spy's to try close down a forum like this or any forum just by fronting face book and negativity instead of MSC.
question is would you let that happen?

Here's the link to the new 4WD build: http://www.100nxc.net/Forum/index.php?showtopic=30245

Agree with everything you guys said. There is a reason I don't have a thread on my micra here, it would feel as though I'm not adding anything to the table, and just cluttering it up with a repeat of many simple mods already done (lowering, 1.3 cams etc,)

I have my 300hp SR20VET build, where I experiment with the newest technologies, like Nismotronic, flex-fuel, electronic wastegate control, speed-density tune, bluetooth access, etc. Now that's worth a read in my book :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Here's the link to the new 4WD build: http://www.100nxc.net/Forum/index.php?showtopic=30245

Agree with everything you guys said. There is a reason I don't have a thread on my micra here, it would feel as though I'm not adding anything to the table, and just cluttering it up with a repeat of many simple mods already done (lowering, 1.3 cams etc,)

I have my 300hp SR20VET build, where I experiment with the newest technologies, like Nismotronic, flex-fuel, electronic wastegate control, speed-density tune, bluetooth access, etc. Now that's worth a read in my book :)
That would be an interesting read :)

Anybody know if this project was ever completed, or where it is now? Was sad to see it fizzle away at the time and I'm now contemplating commissioning something similar...

Hello I have one question!
The back bridge to enter required some conversion or it entered without a problem! did they have the same distances from hole to hole?