• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11 1.0 Vibe (2002)

OP
OP
vinvindan
Car’s in for two new tyres today. I should probably use my brakes for roundabouts... underside is in wonderful condition though and the garage said how great of an example it is! Bit of a knock to the bank balance though, I’m sure it’ll be worthwhile.
04043647a8744b6f2929fbb734358f24.jpg
26797c6cd5208733c770b78913b2c215.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah dude keep it running til the end of time. just reading back into your blog, you should definitely look into getting some SE+ alloys, really spec this thing up to VIP level.

OP
OP
vinvindan
yeah dude keep it running til the end of time. just reading back into your blog, you should definitely look into getting some SE+ alloys, really spec this thing up to VIP level.

That’s a pretty good idea... I’m a bit low on the old funds at the mo but alloys are definitely in the pipeline

OP
OP
vinvindan
Depressing day today! Took the car in for an MOT a week early just to be on top of things... failed on contaminated brake fluid and perished CV boot. Gutted! £186 later and it’s all fixed. Steering feels a lot tighter, and the car is in great health... unlike my wallet.
c192e06e2ae521e382ff3f99737b59b1.jpg
8dab6ebdaeb29d98ed74cc6be495213a.jpg

I know! I was saying that it’s an easy job, but as it was failed I had no way of bringing it home. Yeah, it was black!

I'd have drive it back even if it's serious there's nothing they can do to really stop you and it its current not is valid unless your messing about ect should get home fine without problems then , using the 10 working days to retest sort it and drive back down ,
Did they show you. The problems like?, I really don't trust the words of garages specially ones who do repairs due to many that try to create work for them self's

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
vinvindan
That’s true, I guess it’s all done with now, just rather annoying! Yeah I trust them, although they didn’t show me. The guy used to be a technician at Nissan, me and Dad have been going to them for years! STS Tyres in Lowestoft.

Depressing day today! Took the car in for an MOT a week early just to be on top of things... failed on contaminated brake fluid and perished CV boot. Gutted! £186 later and it’s all fixed. Steering feels a lot tighter, and the car is in great health... unlike my wallet.
c192e06e2ae521e382ff3f99737b59b1.jpg
8dab6ebdaeb29d98ed74cc6be495213a.jpg

That car looks in top-notch conditions, I would love to see the interior.

Sent from my SM-G615F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
vinvindan
It’s been a while! Lots has happened.
Firstly, we hit 45,000 miles! He’s not such a spring chicken anymore...
43214818683d4633be3f471e4d5c5865.jpg

Also! I fitted a universal induction kit, didn’t feel any performance benefits and was stupidly loud, so I removed it!
3ae47c23872c8975840e9ec21a64a703.jpg

Now at university, so the car is on standby until I’m back! Fully insured for the year, but it’s just gonna sit for a while. Hopefully Dad starts it up and runs it in weekly intervals! All clay barred and polished this morning by him too, awful scratches and dents but are unfortunately by the previous owner AND behind panels.
8d83c49dc4af22afb868c470f1fd452a.jpg
6a071fd6a16fecf13b0974a766ac3076.jpg
b4aa96268bd231e8515918f0d3d91b98.jpg

It was a pain in the you know. I broke my two mirrors the strings that guides the mirrors like pop one each on both mirrors. There had little trust where there pop. I may have push the levers to much and hard. So had to get two use ones. I wanted to show the process I went through trying to get those strings back in place. I hope not go through it again. Some of the pic here, I would rather buy instead of fixing. One of the use mirrors glass was not in so I had to use set up from my mirrors. The two mirrors set up was slightly different. A 1997 and a 2002.
20190917_071457.jpeg
20190917_071513.jpeg
20190917_071639.jpeg

The first job this morning was to remove the old adhesive pads from the number plate and clean it up a little bit.
bfd7c20bd4c635f0c3bd3388bd1f5a67.jpg

After wiping it down it was then simply a case of sticking the new pads onto the plate and then onto Mr G! They look much cleaner and it’s more reassuring knowing that there’s a proper adhesive holding my number plate up. I love the plates as they’re the originals... still with the dealership logo at the bottom.
c5cd672a0bc62b19618c260ed111ac6c.jpg

My boot handle is quite loose on one side also... I took the interior panel out and both screws were as tight as anything. Is it a case of just gluing it back on externally?
82c2dd86fab44ee7e22a888b262242a6.jpg

Yeah I also saw minds broken two of the brackets I bought some two part epoxy resin for the job haven't get to it as yet. The past owner like he just pick at things that he then know any thing about.

Very nice ,
Would recommend getting the factory spec upgrades, makes the car abit better but without any modification really ,plug and play for most, tho opinions re of the owner
Have you checked the under side for any rust or such? Millage , age, history etc don't count for rust of I'm honest ,
if your bord ,just have a peep at my blog ,
You said, would recommend getting the factory spec upgrades. How to do that.

Very nice ,
Would recommend getting the factory spec upgrades, makes the car abit better but without any modification really ,plug and play for most, tho opinions re of the owner
Have you checked the under side for any rust or such? Millage , age, history etc don't count for rust of I'm honest ,
if your bord ,just have a peep at my blog ,
Kk kool I have to get two fogs for the front of minds too.the ones that fits 1to the outer side of the bumper rectangle looking ones. Not the circle one that fit close to the inside on earlier models. Thanks I understand what you mean now. Deflectors for front and back I want to get.but I only seeing the front ones for the two door models.

OP
OP
vinvindan
Kk kool I have to get two fogs for the front of minds too.the ones that fits 1to the outer side of the bumper rectangle looking ones. Not the circle one that fit close to the inside on earlier models. Thanks I understand what you mean now. Deflectors for front and back I want to get.but I only seeing the front ones for the two door models.

Sounds like a good shout mate! Deflectors always look good