• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11 1.0 Vibe (2002)

OP
OP
vinvindan
I had a 02 like that previous owner didn't tighten up plug 1 and 2 and no2 was soo loose it burnt the coil , and the electrode fell off then plug ,somehow it still ran well?
dunno why but I've had problems with Bosch plugs in coil packs specially in cold starts, cold weather, and short journeys ,

That’s pretty weird! Yeah mine was running reasonably too- much better now though. It had NGKs in previously, and just fitted a new set.
7ddc88ba0272f06b89ad6d755063a473.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, ngk, ngk in pretty much all of them unless otherwise
Well 12 cars in 3 years haha, but only kept two a k12 and my k11
Rest were sold or scrapped in the end

OP
OP
vinvindan
Nope, ngk, ngk in pretty much all of them unless otherwise
Well 12 cars in 3 years haha, but only kept two a k12 and my k11
Rest were sold or scrapped in the end

Blimey! I really need to start modifying the car, but tasteful mods. Need a bit of inspiration I think!

Blimey! I really need to start modifying the car, but tasteful mods. Need a bit of inspiration I think!

3 door se would had the pop out windows, rear pockets tweeters , them option of the tacho clocks, rear speaks front fogs, se+ 1.4 auto can have vented brakes, or almera n15, possibly k12 stalks ( it was a thing on older models to fit terrano wipers stalk with more speeds, )
Spoilers there's. 4 UK ones, little Duck Tail typre, lip, wraparound and there's a rare one that is like a nismo one (preface thing)
And a fair few one, wheels and n15 and k12 ones but all depends on the route you wanna go really

OP
OP
vinvindan
The time has come! I’ve been thinking about it for a while but here goes nothing- about to remove the rear badges/stickers. I’ll leave the Nissan badge though... (I can’t stand when people remove manufacturers badges)

OP
OP
vinvindan
The time has come! I’ve been thinking about it for a while but here goes nothing- about to remove the rear badges/stickers. I’ll leave the Nissan badge though... (I can’t stand when people remove manufacturers badges)
dffb21c7a6ca90a9e8362ab655f24643.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
Removed using a hairdryer... now to fix of the excess glue. I think I’ll turn to isopropyl alcohol- I’ve got remnants of a bottle left from a photography project...
41796833a93e197bdeb72d47a4d916c8.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
Just about ran out of daylight... so I thought I’d stop and wait for another day until I finish it off. Any tips on how to completely rid of the glue residue? I’ve tried hot water, isopropyl alcohol, olive oil etc. Still no luck!
92a59c42e2ad57af2bb64ac4b87df2c5.jpg

Just about ran out of daylight... so I thought I’d stop and wait for another day until I finish it off. Any tips on how to completely rid of the glue residue? I’ve tried hot water, isopropyl alcohol, olive oil etc. Still no luck!
92a59c42e2ad57af2bb64ac4b87df2c5.jpg
Just keep at it with the alcohol.
I find pushing your finger nail against it with a cloth between works quite well usually.
Or you could just be a barbarian and do that without the cloth.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
vinvindan
Gave the car a clean and a polish again today... also thought to finally say goodbye to the Vibe sticker! A great way of getting rid of glue residue is a combination of a cloth, hairdryer and elbow grease! There’s always the option to add another if I feel that I want to.
ea5dec9d443e890a4239ad096303e897.jpg

The photograph of the finished product (no sticker) is a terrible one! I was mid-polishing the tailgate hence the smudging.
64975e8a7b05d2558e73943810d6bd56.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
Also... my car mats were beginning to fray slightly. So I decided to go all out and use a make-shift flamethrower instead of laboriously plucking each piece out.
0ea07e465f2b53570f3d3c56096f168a.jpg
It worked pretty well actually, more as a precaution for future fraying. Also had to use a wire brush to rid of the leftover singed pieces of carpet.
5782811c86d2a08654490d2364f750a3.jpg
Interior also had a wipe-down... there would be more photographs but it’s dark now! Sadly.

OP
OP
vinvindan
Hey guys! I hope you all had a great Christmas... I didn’t get too many Micra related presents but I did get a huge Silverline spanner set
035a8926fcecb9bc8c618cb4ee60aa39.jpg
, a full autoglym detailers set, some other car related pieces and a whole load of non-car related bits!!! I did however get some awesome headlight protectors
d8e8d1b7d810dbb177b0d2d64d1744c8.jpg
and (you’re gonna love this) a K11 Micra T-shirt- shame it isn’t blue!!
50d0d96655a4067736db39792ad01f85.jpg

I was kinda just following the trend if I’m honest... it makes the rear of the car look so much cleaner in my opinion but I do slightly regret it!

Just think the k11 looks like it's been bashed and repainted when debadged, I love my little inspiration hotwheel badges haha

OP
OP
vinvindan
Just think the k11 looks like it's been bashed and repainted when debadged, I love my little inspiration hotwheel badges haha

The inspiration badges are pretty wicked! They’ve always reminded me of the hot wheels logo too!! Yeah I do get what mean though mate, I probably should’ve kept the Micra badge but hey ho!

OP
OP
vinvindan
Had a pretty productive day... fitting my Dad’s 1990s Alpine head-unit and CD changer which was taken from his BMW E30 back in the 90s. Cost around £800 back in the day... it wasn’t easy to fit though. Halfords was a bloody pain as usual.

I began by disconnecting the radio unit and removing the facia and any pieces that may get in the way of installing the unit. Then realised that the Nissan OEM connectors don’t fit the standard ISO mounts of the Alpine (obviously).
d003c801fe6dd5cc598b87809a7733dd.jpg
ed199b280044dd8894c6203b9ab36237.jpg

So I got to Halfords, bought what I thought was the right connector... it wasn’t! (Thankful staff), so then consulted one of the floor staff, they redirected me to a different connector... which didn’t fit the car, and then finally a member of staff who had some kind of idea came. All of this took me over an hour... so I got home and fitted the connectors into the head unit- worked a dream.

The main issue was running the CD changer wire from the head unit to the changer, which I decided to mount behind the rear seats.

Photographs will follow but all in all it took a few drops of blood, hours of a runny nose and about 4 hours in total. Well worth the time as it looks and sounds SUPERB.

That's why I just got all the adapters needed for a head unit from a micra in the scrapyard! It's the first time I've heard of a CD changer in a micra, but it sounds decent.

OP
OP
vinvindan
That's why I just got all the adapters needed for a head unit from a micra in the scrapyard! It's the first time I've heard of a CD changer in a micra, but it sounds decent.

It’s awesome! I’ll make sure to put some photos up tomorrow, I just keep forgetting! It also works very nicely with my newly acquired parcel shelf...

OP
OP
vinvindan
Finally got some admittedly awful photos of the Alpine setup... I’m slacking a little bit on my thread recently- I know! I also probably should’ve cleaned the CD changer up a little bit before fitting- oh well!
50ea30b2d9ba890d9f258f23912c38be.jpg
e43e7b87757c8a98af0caf724797daa4.jpg
6311a43f65ca3e1525586ce508964cb1.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
It’s been a while! Nothing has happened to the Micra but tonnes of cleaning, polishing and that’s about it! Today I finally got round to cleaning the battery terminals.
2817a9e549072209a6a9565750309487.jpg

Completely caked in corrosion and what have you... perhaps responsible for the car idling so slowly?
Gave them a rub down with a wire brush and then coated them in CopaSlip.
3952afae9e46d0e98338d22b6c974f68.jpg
What great stuff it is! Hopefully it’ll give it the conductivity it needs... the car fired up beautifully after the CopaSlip was applied. I’ll see if it remains constant and if not then I’ll look into the alternator perhaps being responsible.

OP
OP
vinvindan
Last weekend I finally decided to go ahead and paint my grey trim black! I only got round to doing the rear, but amongst other plans for the car this weekend, I’ll aim to finish the rest off.

Started of course with cleaning the bumper down, and then masking it up and of course bagging up the wheels!To get the best and cleanest result possible in terms of masking, I went round each overhanging piece of masking tape with a razor blade in the hope that it’ll rid of a patchy paint job!
278d31bc7eb8c3a716e7a01495bd17c1.jpg
21f92cb08aa59f507cb720360492953b.jpg

The next step was of course applying the first of two coats of grey primer...
7bbfff97162b5562c93f80ef4c91ab04.jpg
c02627547d282d801954f0e291eaff10.jpg

After the first couple coats of primer, which went brilliantly, I began applying the satin black paint acquired from Halfords. The first coat was applied very thinly, then the second of course allowing full, thick coverage.
59726f8b2c05311c658476affb6e74b9.jpg

After I pulled the masking off, certain pieces peeled along with the tape, rather annoyingly having made necessary precautions...
3a3fa45da8812c68056c255a2c1b4a2a.jpg
I simply filled those patches in with a black marker pen, and they didn’t turn out too badly!

Overall the finished result was pretty reasonable and certainly smartens up the rear of the car.
1f3030bbd0511980a54cc2337647100e.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
Just read through, she looks absolutely wonderful mate!

Wish the previous owner of mine took this good care of it, lol

Sorry dude I didn’t see this! Thank you ever so much... my K11 is a pre-instructors car, which is odd because people typically avoid them, but such a low mileage and clean example is a surprise considering it’s history!

OP
OP
vinvindan
Hey guys, it’s been a while! I didn’t get round to painting the rest of the body trim, I admit. The rear bumper has been peeling quite badly so I’m going to wait a month or so and I’ll decide on where I’m going with it from there.
In other news, I fitted a wheel arch liner (finally) and so my anxieties of wheel arch rust have been extinguished- phew.
e661547770f357323d629b7ca5774c08.jpg

Excuse the disgusting hub caps, I really do need to get myself some alloys!

Also I spent a lot of today looking for an Almera airbox for my K11... and I couldn’t find a single one! The amount of scrapyards locally aren’t in abundances , but I checked two large yards and they only had Primeras. Annoying! I was looking for a box, as I have been for a while now as I’d love just a slight increase in acceleration.
f2a218a80f7c521a2afb4eaebaaca384.jpg

Until next time!!

Hey guys, it’s been a while! I didn’t get round to painting the rest of the body trim, I admit. The rear bumper has been peeling quite badly so I’m going to wait a month or so and I’ll decide on where I’m going with it from there.
In other news, I fitted a wheel arch liner (finally) and so my anxieties of wheel arch rust have been extinguished- phew.

Also I spent a lot of today looking for an Almera airbox for my K11... and I couldn’t find a single one! The amount of scrapyards locally aren’t in abundances , but I checked two large yards and they only had Primeras. Annoying! I was looking for a box, as I have been for a while now as I’d love just a slight increase in acceleration.

Until next time!!

Oh man I do not miss those days of having the same hubcaps as you. Had them for like 2 years. Alloys will change your world and you don't realise until you fit them!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?

Until next time!!

Primera boxes fit too, as long as its a ga14/16 then it will fit

OP
OP
vinvindan
Yesterday I decided that my throttle cable, which was really bloody slack, needed adjusting. Car feelings a lot more responsive and the resistance on the pedal makes the driving experience that little bit better.

Also... bit of a scare today! Mr G wouldn’t start first thing this morning, after pumping the throttle and starting him wide open, it got going (with lots of smoke)... I’d been ignoring a check engine light, which I think is due to the car running quite lean. (Insufficient). And so I took the car to KwikFit, the only open garage in the area this Sunday. They plugged it into a diagnostics machine, reset the electronic faults, cleaned the system and said that bank 1 wasn’t reading correctly and so it may just have been so o2 sensor. Something I’ll have to look into! Battery is solid, the copper seal is working a treat...

I did however decide to nip into Wilco and ty some MAF cleaner, in case it’s more than just the o2 sensor. Having scanned the forum, people had simply cleaned the system by squirting the cleaner down the intake... so I tried it! I also cleaned up the inside of the paper air filter, as well as the airbox itself. Currently sat in the driver’s seat, about to start the car up.
7daa37a600892f92481b2e64a09f34e2.jpg
b1e202ed403f147add8359e4f342c85b.jpg

How does your car rev at idle? Mine often drops pretty quickly, literally to like what must be 500rpm!

When cold, I think probably around 1200-1300~ish. When warm it can be around 600-800 maybe?
When I put the new fuel filter on the old engine it idled warm at 500rpm

Does your idle go up when you turn the headlights on anybody?

warm or cold when I put them on I can actually hear it rev, it's like the noise when you accidentally tap the throttle while changing gear

OP
OP
vinvindan

warm or cold when I put them on I can actually hear it rev, it's like the noise when you accidentally tap the throttle while changing gear

I’ll have a look later on and get back to you in that one!

If it's the idles control valve , start it cold a d blip the throttle does it almost die? Or idle either high or constantly low
A one I sold had a stuck balance so took it off (didn't take the Tbh off tho) and drilled the rivet out and took the valve apart and sprayed it , for it working nice and used a dash screw to put it back together and was perfect after

Yep, same with turning on other large loads like the rear window defogger or even using the power steering a bit. It's normal. The load on the alternator is jumping up so the idle has to catch up.

Sent from my F8331 using Micra Sports Club mobile app