• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11 1.0 Vibe (2002)

OP
OP
vinvindan
Just a quick thing tonight... cleaned out my fuel cap! Not perfect but definitely an improvement on before. It was just one big cringe every time I went to fill up...
51fa553e5e273e04cc68af4255d5f15e.jpg
16949216c797bd41c42ec8e0a31b60b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
vinvindan
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted! He’s now at roughly 31,300 miles on the clock! Plans for today are give him a well-deserved clean, check tyre pressures and refurbish my hub caps!

Thought I’d just share Mr G with a lovely sunset before any more photos are posted!
545d6e69ce5ba9c121ae1ddddd3b0a6a.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
The first job was to clean the door hinges and regrease them. Looks like they haven’t been done since 01!
dc3657de918a84ec0091218214f10ca4.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
I noticed a small spot of rust on the front wing and as these winter months are coming, I thought I’d best treat it before it gets worse.
7a3b9161a6a385dc5522fbcca0207bf5.jpg
I used Hammerite’s ‘Rust Remover Gel’, first experiences with this so I’m not too sure how it’ll go.
6df0824f9db0431a00bb8f70d8066969.jpg
4f2d0140178ffc6337c275e0e7584dac.heic

OP
OP
vinvindan
The next job was to remove all of the hub caps, clean the steel wheels up and then clean the hubs.
388024ece6c984024f0c384bb5bfdf1e.jpg
they weren’t THAT dirty, just a little rusty and needed a good rubbing down with a wire brush.
bcec08d65a39c2fc29c88ddaf5607b08.jpg
Again, I forgot to get an after photo! But the hub caps are currently soaking and will get a good scrub-down also. Repairs will then follow the cleaning.

OP
OP
vinvindan
So... I went to see the donor Micra today. Sadly I brought too little tools to take what I actually needed but I got some cool pieces anyway. It was a Y Reg K11 Micra SE. One that always drove around my village as a kid and I loved it! It’s sadly looking worse for wear now though.
2c3c9d5f5d5e1b1b219a0b9f41baaedf.heic

OP
OP
vinvindan
I was going to see if I could get the wheel arch liner but I didn’t have a suitable screwdriver to remove it... I did get some cool pieces though- and all for free of course. I got a rear parcel shelf with speakers, rear boot interior light, every fuse from the interior interior fuse box, rear passenger clothing hook, sun visor with mirror for front passenger side and lots of interior screws. Not bad for two hours work! There were also some pieces on the car that I’d have loved to have taken but I wasn’t sure that they were salvageable or transferable. I’ll include photos as and when I fit each piece.

OP
OP
vinvindan
Oh also i got a rubber air filter, a cleaner hub cap (one of mine is so cracked) as well as the spare wheel fastener with original cap.

OP
OP
vinvindan
I got offered the whole car for free but I don’t have anywhere to store it... the bodywork is pretty solid and dare I say ‘rust free’...

Great blog so far, your car is kept very clean, I like that. Look forward to seeing what becomes of this. Also holy crap low mileage. It's not unusual to see these with well over 100,000 miles now.
I'm kinda liking the MVP numberplate myself.

OP
OP
vinvindan
Great blog so far, your car is kept very clean, I like that. Look forward to seeing what becomes of this. Also holy crap low mileage. It's not unusual to see these with well over 100,000 miles now.
I'm kinda liking the MVP numberplate myself.

Thank you sir! I was admiring your thread just yesterday. A lot of the mods you’ve made are on my agenda, but time will tell! Thank you very much again for your compliments!

OP
OP
vinvindan
The covers are still slightly wet from being cleaned, as the pictures show but almost there.
74fab4e9b2e92aa5c78baa310a062af5.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
Oh nice one dude, yeah just apply it onto a cotton bud and then dab it lightly onto the affected area... shouldn’t too bad. I need cheap ideas for mods and fast! I need more power too. Feels way too sluggish. I think the first thing I’d like is an anti roll bar but I guess time will tell. Any good ideas for under £20?

Oh nice one dude, yeah just apply it onto a cotton bud and then dab it lightly onto the affected area... shouldn’t too bad. I need cheap ideas for mods and fast! I need more power too. Feels way too sluggish. I think the first thing I’d like is an anti roll bar but I guess time will tell. Any good ideas for under £20?

Power-wise? Not really. Sluggish? Try keeping your revs at 3500+ at most times. It doesn't feel so sluggish then. The engine likes to rev high.
It's possible to drive a slow car fast.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
vinvindan
Replaced my sidelights from OEM to LED today... I’ll add a photo in a few minutes when it’s darker.
8e5b212d5b72ad739f56d1512e9484d1.jpg

OP
OP
vinvindan
They’re barely distinguishable on this photo... they look pretty cool in person though. They’re under the OEM wattage though, so I’ll have to look for some different ones.
616216673e971a44de9bc3a98c42eece.jpg

Great car and blog mate. Theres not much to do to make the car more peppy unless you put a new intake (Almera N15) or an aftermarket one like the Fury Autoworx one on my car. I'd say get used to using the power well and you'll find you don't need much more! Also it's definitely worth doing spark plugs and maybe investing in an OBD2 reader and display here so you can get an RPM readout amongst other things. Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

OP
OP
vinvindan
Great car and blog mate. Theres not much to do to make the car more peppy unless you put a new intake (Almera N15) or an aftermarket one like the Fury Autoworx one on my car. I'd say get used to using the power well and you'll find you don't need much more! Also it's definitely worth doing spark plugs and maybe investing in an OBD2 reader and display here so you can get an RPM readout amongst other things. Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

Thanks for the feedback mate! I’ve already got my plugs... should be changing them pretty soon. I’ll look into getting an OBD2 reader and display also, I need to get up to date with all of this technical stuff. I’ve also been meaning to get a FuryAutoworx intake kit but it’s just money at the moment... there’ll surely be some forthcoming mods!

Just bought myself the heads up version of what i linked, will let you know how it works. Be wary with Fury, everything takes a while. Got their coilover kit, ordered in may, came in august and forgot the rear springs which only came yesterday...

OP
OP
vinvindan
Just bought myself the heads up version of what i linked, will let you know how it works. Be wary with Fury, everything takes a while. Got their coilover kit, ordered in may, came in august and forgot the rear springs which only came yesterday...

I’ve heard about that. Apparently they’re pretty unreliable in terms of quality also

OP
OP
vinvindan
Changed the plugs this evening... they were actually pretty clean, well two were anyway. The other two were blowing past the plug and leaving excess soot on the coil packs, which explains the lack of compression. The throttle response feels a lot stronger now.
f57d0edf872dae665aa32f85cc79045d.jpg

I had a 02 like that previous owner didn't tighten up plug 1 and 2 and no2 was soo loose it burnt the coil , and the electrode fell off then plug ,somehow it still ran well?
dunno why but I've had problems with Bosch plugs in coil packs specially in cold starts, cold weather, and short journeys ,