My K10

So I'm new to the site and thought I'd show off my little beast!
image.jpg

Last edited:
When I bought it it needed a little bit of work. So I changed the suspension on all four corners. One of the previous owners thought it was a great idea to cut the springs and let all of them pop out the cups and blow all bar one shock! So with a little modification I got some polo 6n FK automotive coilovers to fit!
image.jpg
I had to re drill the top holes on the front so they would fit on the hub.
image.jpg
I also had to get the top mounts milled down on a lathe so they would fit in the existing cups.
image.jpg

The rear also had to be modified! I decided to get my friend to weld me two brackets together as it was the simplest way of doing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 239
I also had to change the exhaust as it was rusted to f@@k!! I'd found an old moped exhaust on the side of the road and took it haha!
image.jpg
But obviously it was too long so I had to cut it in half to make a stubby can! The existing exhaust pipe was smaller than the back of the stubby so we welded a reducer together. We then coated the pipe in a protection paint God knows what it was! Here is the finished product!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
It sounds and looks awesome much to the disapproval of my neighbours!

Last edited:
Since getting it on the road I've had to do a number of things to keep her running.

I've had to adjust the choke, as the spring popped off.

I had a static tune to get her running nicely.

Changed the wishbone bushes.

Changed the front brakes.

The clutch was slipping every time I put my foot down so I bit the bullet and spent £300 on getting that done.

Changed a wheel baring (that wasn't fun or easy)

Changed the steering rack.

Most recently she decided to break down on my way home from work, I found out that the previous owner had changed the dizzy cap, condenser and rotor arm but installed it in correctly. So I got all new parts changed the dizzy cap, rotor arm, condenser, points, leads and plugs she now runs perfectly if I do say so myself. But I still need to change the rocker cover gasket as I think it my be the cause of my burning oil issue!!

Back