• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my k10

richj

Deactivated Account
Hi! I was around 16 when I joined... k10's are the perfect first car. I drive a volvo 480 day to day now (also a great car) but k10's have a charm that imho cant be rivaled. Like the ultimate Lego set :) Enjoy!

As for performance, its difficult to imagine the absolute enthusiasm you have when you get your first car/micra. I would start with a k&n filter. It doesn't really make any difference, but it feels like it does and sounds good :)

My favourite mod was the alternator cut off. A relay connected to the charge lead from the alternator. Flick a switch and there is no alternator drag on the engine. That does make a difference, but you need to be careful using it.

If you have the resources, consider a different exhaust manifold, cam and inlet manifold/carb setup as the first step.

OP
OP
D

dock10

Ex. Club Member
thanks i love my k10 so easy to work i bought a march with no engine for bits during the summer and striped it so if you or anyone wants anything from it its yours

superls

K10 Tuner
hi, nice project youve got there. so what colour is it going to end up as i can see 3 in the pics, red, blue and black lol.

the company i work for is based in cork (near the airport, about 10 mins drive) so next time im over in our other office ill have to nip round to have a nosey if your anywhere near?, and if you dont mind of course? lol

OP
OP
D

dock10

Ex. Club Member
its staying blue my hands cant take anymore sanding lol.im living in ballincollig about 20 minutes drive from the airport and your welcome to call anytime just contact me first so i know your coming

OP
OP
D

dock10

Ex. Club Member
ya still deciding what to do with them.im getting a cherry bomb back box put on next week should give it some aggresion as it sounds fairly wimpy at the moment

OP
OP
D

dock10

Ex. Club Member
Quick up date gave the k10 a full service with a new k&n air filter included and i bought a set of air horns any ideas for mounting them?