• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my k10 project

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
hi all its fairly early days only owned the car for 2 days but i will be trying to be a bit different and copy everything everyone else has already done:p
v8 swap is probably out of the question so that can wait for the s14 i have grr
so here we go ill make a start with my car pics:grinning:
micra.jpg

micra2.jpg

micra3.jpg

micra4.jpg

micra6.jpg

micra7.jpg

nice to see this, I am in love with this model. It's called "super" in GB isn't it? In Germany it's called "Hit S". I owned one some years ago :D but this is what happened to mine.

Attachments

• DSC00786.JPG
    DSC00786.JPG
    483.7 KB · Views: 1,119
nice to see this, I am in love with this model. It's called "super" in GB isn't it? In Germany it's called "Hit S". I owned one some years ago :D but this is what happened to mine.

Hit s looks like bad spelling to me ha ha
Shame to see what happened to yours dude good to see you got out of it though!

cool (Y)
anyone got any advice on the arches? im thinking style 2 will be best fitment slightly less wide so wont be far off the origional shape of the arch but bigger overhang for fatter wheels

el cheapo wheels arrived today
15x6.5jj et 38 and with the extra 95mm arch width im gonna need some spacers to fill those arches
anyone want to give me a clue as i cant be bothered doing maths right now
wheels.jpg

i dont but they were 30 quid and the 13s scare me, think bottom arm may be knackard or a spring keep hearing a bang when i turn left!
I will check it out when i get a minute:wasntme:
need to get some better suspension
ive heard golf bits fit? also strut braces needed!
front and rear coilovers would be nice

todays update
arches have arrived:grinning: had a nosey at what the banging was when i turn the steering wheel and to my horror find the nsf spring is snapped! then on closer inspection i discovered there was a tie wrap holding the bottom of the spring up:wow: unbelievable bodge! then i thought make sure the rest are ok and low and behold each and everyone of them has be tie wrapped to the strut im guessing someone has cut a coil off which has left the spring to wide to seat in the damper so to stop it popping off tie wrap it on
holly molely the speed bumps ive mashed over and at any moment they could fire offgrr

picture took from my iphone so not great
also i hadnt really put the back one on in the right position
all held on with masking tape as im not ready to fit them yet
IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Cheers mate
Once I get the skirts on Friday I can make a start on putting it on gonna look stupid till I get some tyres for my alloys oh well

I don't like them... the angle from the micra side to the outside doesn't fit the micra in my opinion.

Fair enough mate your opinion, I've only quickly bodged them on not measured them or flushed them flat with the car all the bumpers and side strips need removing first
To me it looks like the standard arches just with an extream roll and flare job

do it man lovely look after
pics an all that!!

theres quite alot of filler in these sideskirtsgrr didnt expect that, oh well just gonna take a bit longer to prep for paint:down:
gonna cut the arches as i dont want want to cut the sideskirts to fit the arches:eek:

mate if you find some wheels to fill the arches this gonna be one of the best looking k10s, but i cant see it being easy. good luck

im thinking i need to get some mahoooosive spacers!
i recon the vdub gang might beable to help they have mega offsets and big spacers

I'd need 32mm spacers to get the same et as you I'm guessing? So if ive got an extra 76.2mm or 3" due to the arches am I gonna need an et of -76?? Don't know how it works or what et to match the wheel to the standard arch?

rear windows tinted what a horrible job to do grr hate tinting, not done the rear screen yet that'll be fun:doh:
side skirts were painted didnt like the finish so im sanding down and starting again:(

I'd need 32mm spacers to get the same et as you I'm guessing? So if ive got an extra 76.2mm or 3" due to the arches am I gonna need an et of -76?? Don't know how it works or what et to match the wheel to the standard arch?

because of the different widths, offset doesnt work like that. the face of my wheel is 6mm from the centre of the wheel. That means from the face (where it bolts to the hub) to the outer front lip is 88.9mm (3.5inch) minus the 6mm = 82.9mm

That means the outer lip of the wheel will sit 82.9mm away from the hub.

on your wheels, the face is 38mm away from the centre of the wheel. That means the outer lip is 82.5mm (3.25inch) - 38mm = 44.5mm. This means that the outer lip of the wheel will sit 44.5mm away from the hub.

What kinda skirts have you got to put on there? Are you adapting some super s/foha skirts to fit or have you gone for something totally different to go with the arches? With the wheels, i think that you might have rubbing with 15's unless you go for something a little narrower or don't space them. The previous owner of my SS fitted some 14"/185's and they do rub on the back, but that's mainly because of the width. The front end, suprisingly has a lot more clearance than you'd think, even on full lock.

What kinda skirts have you got to put on there? Are you adapting some super s/foha skirts to fit or have you gone for something totally different to go with the arches? With the wheels, i think that you might have rubbing with 15's unless you go for something a little narrower or don't space them. The previous owner of my SS fitted some 14"/185's and they do rub on the back, but that's mainly because of the width. The front end, suprisingly has a lot more clearance than you'd think, even on full lock.

embarissingly im not to sure what they are i forgot to ask:blush: ive googles foah sideskirts and the only ones it came up with looked different so not them

First of all you steal my arch idea, now the wellers (another thing I had planned) have you been in my mind while I sleep to rape me of all my ideas?! Lmao. But anyway should look spot when its finished, although im hoping it looks utter w*nk, so I dont regret not doing it

First of all you steal my arch idea, now the wellers (another thing I had planned) have you been in my mind while I sleep to rape me of all my ideas?! Lmao. But anyway should look spot when its finished, although im hoping it looks utter w*nk, so I dont regret not doing it

Dude I am you, just the side that does the opposite to you and buys things without thinking it through lol
I may have to buy coilovers asap before I go further as the gayass ghetto cut spring some rem did prior to me owning the car keep knocking and every now and again touch the wheel! Found some good new cheap coilovers tuv approved so hopefully they won't disintegrate the second they come into contact with the air!

Back