• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my k10 ls - a work in progress

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
In February i became the proud owner of a micra k10 :k10: it needed some work but all in all, it was GREAT!! This is it before i started modding it:

P2140010.jpg

P2140013.jpg

P2140015.jpg

And as i had little money, i brought some red/black seat covers that dont look that bad, to start off.

P2260073.jpg

P2260074.jpg

Then got my hands on a foha kit and thin jap spec mirrors from paul

P3250155.jpg

P3250157.jpg

P3250158.jpg

Put kit on car (without skirts) for photoshop but didnt get chance to do it before finnished college for easter so spraying it red anyway! Also got rid of the cracked wheel trims.

P3290205.jpg

P3290206.jpg

P3290204.jpg

Sprayed the mirror framework part and internal mirror covers

P4030227.jpg

The grill came off as sun had lightened the colour! So i sanded it down and de-badged it. Just needs a spray when i spray the kit

P4030224.jpg

Got out the power sander on these babies! Need more work though but had rubbish weather today!

P4030232.jpg

P4030231.jpg

Ems

Ex. Club Member
lol at your sig!!! U should have seen Arnolds car when he had a silver kit on it. Looked bloopin awful lol!!

Hope you manage to get it sprayed without too many probs :)

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
lookin good mate take you time when you line up the kit get 2 people to hold it while you secure the kit to the arches.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Thread moved to blogs, also please shorten your signature. 5 Lines of small text maximum!

Will look good colour coded though!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
nice to see my bodykit going to a good home :)

this was it all before it was on pauls car :)

27-post-15-1107084589.jpg

16-post-15-1107084487Small.jpg

including the march mirrors as well :)

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
cool....looks good!! its white atm and will be spraying red when i get some money together!! hopefully have new pics up soon!! prob is that im back to college now so dont get much time to work on it :down:

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
super s spoiler is much better IMO the foah one is too small and its not hard plastic either :p cheap tat! rest of the kit is ace though

ss far to common lol

:p

hows it coming sammy?

i dont have those struts the big removal truck came and took it away

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
hows it coming sammy?

i dont have those struts the big removal truck came and took it away

thats ok mate. will try my local scrappy....my bro said he saw a k10 down there the last time he went!

No progress really atm to be honest! weather aint been that good here recently plus ive been very low on cash....but not any more :grinning: as found some money that i stashed away a few weeks ago!! So buying some spray paint on friday as its my day off.

Still not that sure on what colour to do the kit! Spoiler is red and on car already but the bumpers and side skirts are not sprayed yet. And im thinking about spraying them either the same red as my car (which wont look the same as halfords sprays arent an exact match, which i have found out from the mirrors!!) Or ill spray them black as i think it would look good....also i would spray the lower part of the car and the wheel arches....like this:
hjmgvmtfmk10k10.jpg

i photoshopped this photo but ive only used photoshop since september for 2hours on a tuesday of a college week so im not that good at it. plus i did this in my 10min break on tuesday. Plus the kit had already been sanded down so its all blotchy.

Also tried out red (not an exact match though)
k10.jpg

but what do people think of the black idea?? i think it would look good if it were the right black. imagine it a dark black in the photo!! lol. Anyone's opinions would be good here!!

thanks

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The arches & sides being a different colour would look like a collette K10. I had planned to do this on mine, but thought all red would look better and easier to achieve. Its down to you what you want though!

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
yeah i think thats where i got the idea from in the first place! i went on google and looked at different k10's for ideas. i must have liked the look of it. well its worth a try.....now ive just got to decide what black to do. lol. so many decisions!

thanks for all your help :grinning::grinning:

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
There is apicture of this kit on a red k10, rimmer dont you have a picture of wayne's red k10? it'll show sammy what'll look like all red then :D

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
progress report....

*above* that would of been good speedle but its half way black now!! lol.

To start off, the alarm is finally installed after its gathered dust over the last two months.

Here are th mirrors all finnished...

P6040409.jpg

P6040410.jpg

here i have sprayed the inside plastic parts in the red i had left...

P6040405.jpg

here is a pic of the spoiler all painted up an attached...

P6040406.jpg

and finally, here is the front and rear bumpers, sprayed and fitted...(still got alot more paint work to do as going with the colletta look)

FRONT FOAH BUMPER
P6040401.jpg

P6040402.jpg

P6040408.jpg

REAR FOAH BUMPER
P6040403.jpg

P6040407.jpg

will be doing more soon and i will hopefully be driving very soon!! theory test 2moz and my driving instructor says when ive passed theory, i can book my actual test straight away!! :grinning:

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
if the front bumpers plastic, heat it up and push out the bits under the grill and it will make it look alot better

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
it always sagged there :p

funny cos when i got them they were unpainted black so theve gone back to the way they were :p

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Couldnt you hit the support bar upwards slightly to make the bumper raise up in those places?

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
as speedle advied me a cunninly placed side repeater does the job but to do it properly i would have a bit of bar welded to the support under neat

and well don the black on red looks bloody awesome mate keep it up

* matt i think i sold the kit to somone worthy of it *

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
looks like we did mate, i remember when i found that kit i was sooooo chuffed :) nice to see it gone to a worthy owner

Couldnt you hit the support bar upwards slightly to make the bumper raise up in those places?

no mate, problem being that the front support bar has 2 dips in it where its sagging on the bumper, for fitting round foglights.... super turbo springs to mind there :p

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
cheers for the feed back guys......yeah im going to get them dips sorted out asap!! Think i may get some ally or steel and put supports either going up or may put them across the part where it dips so it holds it straight

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
does anyone know the regulations on sidelights

could the corners be conveted to indecatos and the ones in the bumper smoothed out think it would look really good

sammy.jpg

just an idea for you mate :p

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
does anyone know the regulations on sidelights

could the corners be conveted to indecatos and the ones in the bumper smoothed out think it would look really good
just an idea for you mate :p

Yes the corners can be converted to indicators, the housing can support both and indicator and side light bulb with a bit of work.

It's also legal and my car passed several mot's without any problems.

Kev

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Yes the corners can be converted to indicators, the housing can support both and indicator and side light bulb with a bit of work.

It's also legal and my car passed several mot's without any problems.

Kev

/\ /\ /\ /\
hmmmmmm this interests me.....ill look into it :grinning:

and yeah K11samurai....black alloys next!! thinking about getting some ATS classics with polished rim
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-7X1...ryZ28648QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

or some compomotive ml's with polished rim.(couldnt find a pic with polished rim)
http://pweb.jps.net/~ericb/_p2699a.jpg

and then a bigger exhaust as the standard one looks tiny in the foah kit!!

lol, yh batch must of been very close!!

Scappy next you mean, for a new ariel!! :p

Looks good though :)

lol...yh was looking for an ariel but thinking about installing an electric one or something, to upgrade it!!

Ems

Ex. Club Member
oooh, i thought of that when i had my Datsun. All i can say is good luck, as i don't think you can change them. you'll start a new trend if you manage to though :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
You could rip the old one out and put another one in it's place, and make the necessary body mods to that area so it fits. Wiring it up would be a piece of cake

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Well i will have a go at it!! Wont be for another month though as i got a new drivers door to spray up and because thats when i finnish college!!

So has anyone done this on here or does anyone know of someone thats done this??

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Mannnn....its been ages since ive updated this!

Didnt do much to the car since last post anyways.

-Took off ariel and filled in hole on wing.
-Bought alloys off speedle and was running with them till today.

And thats it really due to my lack of a job at the time. But now that ive finally got one, some progress is being made. But not going to happen to this car!

Bought the Micra Super off of curtis yesterday! Drives a treat!
(pics to come soon)

Alloys are on now, and more mods in progress before the LS goes up for sale! Will hopefully be show ready very soon :grinning: