My Individual Throttle bodies pisition sensor Problem

Ive built my throttle body manifold and attacted my throttle bodies
a>

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r616/stevenROwilliams/Conwy-20121027-00135.jpg

Ive looked at the wiring for the Micra on te Trottle Pisition sensors and theres

Green = Neutral Switch
Blue = AAC Valve
Black/White = Connects to the Airflow sensor/ Engine coolent temp sensor & Cooling fan motor

Its giving my the worst headache, i thought i understood how sensors work, but i guess not:(

plus the sensor on the the throttle bodies are from a toyota supra (89452-12080) and have 4 wires instead of 3.... help please! thank you very much

OP
OP
FFsteven
hope so, my orginal idea was to make a wiring loom for micra - supra, but if im having this much trouble with the micra tps, the supra going to be worse

frank

Club Member
bear in mind that 1/4 throttle on those will have a lot more airflow that 1/4 throttle on the stock t/b tho eh

Surely if you have a plenum before the throttle bodies with the air flow meter mounted somehow it will let ecu know airflow in relation to throttle position and the ecu should fuel in relation thinking of doing this also with no map sensor to deal with I bet you could get this running and working pretty effectively on standard management?! Maybe this with Almera injectors would be sweet!!

Any more advance on this situation?! I too would love the challenge of getting throttle bodies running on standard engine management ;) with use or wide band ect complete diy

frank

Club Member
Surely if you have a plenum before the throttle bodies with the air flow meter mounted somehow it will let ecu know airflow in relation to throttle position and the ecu should fuel in relation thinking of doing this also with no map sensor to deal with I bet you could get this running and working pretty effectively on standard management?! Maybe this with Almera injectors would be sweet!!
you,re defeating the object by fitting a plenum tho surely oliver ? most of the gains in fitting quads is to achieve an unhindered straight short run for the intake, you would need very curved runners and a very big maf imo (akin to this)

inlet.jpg

True frank yes! but most cars that come standard with ITB's have a plenum before the bodies with filter and MAF connected up its more also the fact that each cylinder gets equal volumes of air as apposed to how quickly it can get it in (just my educated guess as a mechanic i am in no way claiming i know the physics of ITB's.

Another idea i came up with today why couldn't you join all four runners after the throttle bodies to equalise pressure so bassically you have a normall intake with 4 throttle bodies meaning equally distributed air flow to each cylinder prividing the plenum isnt too large so individual throttle bodies but a collective plenum? ill draw ya what im thinking? im probably being incredibly stupid hehe

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
75mm on an airbox with individual throttles is comfortably more than anyone here would need on an N/A motor.

even if i have to use small ITB's so long as they are equal to the throttle plate area of an upgraded or standard throttle body surely the cylinders will only fill the same amount of air as normal BUT have better distribution of that air ie usually the cylinder furthest from the throttle body at higher revs runs richer than that of the one closest as its air suply has less to travel to enter the cylinder besides i just want the noise TBH haha any gains would be unexpected without ecu tweaking OBV

frank

Club Member
many setups have a balancepipe to even out the air supply @ idle eh and you wont have unequal mixtures with the injectors so close to the valve surely ?

ok thats good to know its a learning curve! its not fuel thats the issue its air think about it the runner furthest from the throttle body at say 7k rpm is having to scavenge from the plenum what the other cylinders havn't used as they are closer to the incoming air supply

all honda b series intakes are like this most d series remember manufacturers arn't thinking performance when they design little cars with small engines. a bigger plenum surely would almost eliminate this problem anyway back to the
ITB idea you think my first drawing could work on standard ecu? it be worth me having ago as no map sensor to contend with only the increased airflow with smaller throttle openings

yes true but this doesn't mean at higher revs all cylinders get the same amount of air surely it goes against everything i know if you have to run to the shop but i have to run next door all in a millisecond before the door(valve) shuts im going to get there first

frank

Club Member
you think my first drawing could work on standard ecu? it be worth me having ago as no map sensor to contend with only the increased airflow with smaller throttle openings
that previous mani ^ and this one worked ok on a stock ecu mate, but they both ran very lean, and needed bigger injectors tho

inlt.jpg

right im kinda farting against thunder then really without suitable mapping hehe if top engineers say after years of experience they need setup correctly with ecu then i think a 20 year old like me has no hope haha! ill just stick to bike carbs hehe they are tunable without expensive computers lol