• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my first micra

OP
OP
jezzak10
Yeh thought so, so now this is my plan and under no circumstances am I gonna change from it, as I've had enough of changing plans due to being let down or being overcharged lol, now to hunt for a manifold

Sent from my slutty secretary as I'm tied up In The fungeon

OP
OP
jezzak10
b87187e5c22dfa2fc16d65c5afbb0995.jpg

So, I decided that I'm wanting a stripped out look instead of having bass in the car and to start it off I'm ordering one of these
Only problem is a k10 has cable handbrake and this is hydraulic, took me a while to work it out but some custom length cables and a few pieces of sheet metal cut to size and I can have the handbrake working on this, I'm also going to swap my crappy battery terminals from the ****ty bolt down ones to proper audio ones which hold the 4awg big 3 upgrade I have done

Slowly the plan is coming together, and as its all looks and not much go I want a roll cage but really can't afford one so had the silly idea of making a fake one from some 1.5-2" pic tube painted black lmao

Comments regarding how sad that is are welcome haha

OP
OP
jezzak10
Haha I know but it's just for looks as I couldnt afford a real one for a few years as they seem to be totally custom upwards of £7-800 lol

h701micra

Deactivated Account
MSA/FIA maybe yea
If you're after just a cage that doesn't require certification they go for much less :) less than half what you're thinking

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Lol gotta start somewhere

I started by making simple box shapes. Then got clever with angled cuts. Then onto tubing with strut braces, sheet metal forming, then roll cages. Then lathe work. To further it more. Everyone starts somewhere
...Soon the world...

OP
OP
jezzak10
well its been a while, ive put the micra back on the road as it is running shoddy, gave up with the donar as it was ****ed (sorry to those who wanted bits but i got so pi*sed off it had to go) decided to bite the bullet and go with the better 16v swap once funds are done, but on the downside, i went to a local retro meet only to find my suspension is somehow shagged on the front so that is being stripped to find the problem, photos to follow of whats wrong then i can hopefully fix it

OP
OP
jezzak10
And AGAIN I've pulled the k10 off the road, gonna stop the engine out of it ready for the 16v but want a universal rad that can fit 2 slimline fans for better cooling that has in/out ports in simulate places to the original that can fit a k10, also gonna clean the bay too which is a first haha and rewire some electrics, fix the dent in my door, rust on the other door, crack in the bumper and repaint the car, and all of this has to be done before jae haha

OP
OP
jezzak10
Well I've finally got some wheels for my k10 while it's off the road being sorted

cc1cace4756a9a36282b92b2633a503d.jpg

Some 13x7j superlites ET -7

048ab88f228add13b4ebb766326eb294.jpg

60c8899ade57d9de1a966b4bd8153e33.jpg

6bf1bd8619407a52133e04eeef9ffa62.jpg

While they look good they need wobble nuts and spigot rings to make them fit properly lol

Since messing up with the battery terminals I'm looking for 2 mk4 golf battery fuse boards to make life simpler lol and hopefully fix the starved electrics haha.

Also booked my stand pass with Andy for jae in September so still have time to sort things, once my other wheels have sold I'll push the cash back into fixing everything haha

OP
OP
jezzak10
Yeh I'm gonna have to find some better tyres to stop the rubbing, they are 175/60/13 so need a smaller size than that lol would be awesome if they did a 165/45/13

Arrrrgh I hate trying to understand wiring diagrams lmao, oh well I'll sort it out another way lol, anyway gave the car a good clean and wax, then I made the mistake of removing the Nissan/Sony stickers off the window now I'm left with a sticky residue that turns blue when wet lol, also was wondering if anyone knows what these wheels are or what they are worth as I'm looking for something a bit bigger and wider

8y8u9azu.jpg

They seem in very good condition too with good tyres but I'm looking for something like a set of wellers in a 14" with low profile tyres
did you ever find out what these alloys were?

OP
OP
jezzak10
Yeh they are jap spec March turbo alloys, an apparent rare optional extra you could buy only in Japan, and from what I've been told only 2 sets in the UK, shame I e sold them pending pick up next week, I do like them but time for a bit of wideness

OP
OP
jezzak10
there well smart

thanks, ive just sold them to someone on here called edward with a nice white k11 super s, now i have the 13x7j superlites i need to sort out the rubbing im getting so its a case of lower profile tyres all round, roll the rear arches and trim off some of the arch kit where its catching

hopefully i can get this done before jae as i will be bringing my wife n 3 kids for the weekend aswell as tent and food etc lmao so may just have to raise the coilovers a lot if i dont get it done by then

after jae im gonna dive straight in to the full overhaul, strip the interior out, new seats, sound deaden it, maybe a steel tube cage if i have practiced enough with a welder lol, refurb the alloys and bodykit and paint matte black, then prep the body for a satin paint job, then an engine change is on the cards, cg10/13 and if i can ever find a good one maybe save up for a ga16

OP
OP
jezzak10
meh!!! long story to this but will keep it short, im gettin pissed with my car AGAIN lmao

struggling to find any 165/55/13 part worns (for now till i buy new all round) not sure if cutting the lip off the arch will be a good idea cos knowing me ill **** it up lmao and also not sure how much of the plastic arch trim to cut before i mess that up so thinking of some simple JDM arches bonded to the arch and cut away as much of the original plastic arch as i can, then once i have actually sorted all these, ill be happy, YAY!!! lmao

OP
OP
jezzak10
Well how much of a bad idea was it for me to buy the 13x7 superlites haha, so much so that I got rid of them for some 14x6j BBS RD, they will need some refurb at some point but they sit a lot better and only slightly catch on the rear arches so still a little bit of arch rolling needed

9f222847bef1fc3d714483f9ae2b2d9a.jpg

349157febb4206d6cd750f10f3855466.jpg

0da2d4d23a26a4f94897c3aed582869b.jpg

Hopefully that's all sorted now and hopefully be back on the road with it soon but sadly not before jae :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jezzak10
Well shame to say the Micra has gone to a new owner, which is sad tbh, but onto better things I think, don't have a Micra just yet but I will be coming back with an early k11, which I WILL get things done to it lol

So once that arrives I will open a new thread on the k11 sub forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk