• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my first micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Everyone pushes things on a budget, all they're interested in is that peak hp figure on the dyno printout
FE engines aren't known for rod strength anyway, and above a set hp there's a limit of the standard engine where upgrades are needed on every engine, I havent seen a CG push above 230hp yet? And there's only 1 forged one I know of with the potential to get that bit more

h701micra

Deactivated Account
if looked after and set up well, the 4efte can run great up to 350bhp, its just some people dont do things right and take shortcuts to get the power because of the huge costs, mind you i think £2999.99 for a stage 3 rebuild with forged internals is reasonable and would be willing to pay that for safe reliability lol, but obviously whoever had the glanza before my friend didnt lol
All budget Jay, I know I havent got £3k for a forged build and DIY I cant imagine being too cheap either. So I'd stay within the safety lines of the standard engine :)

OP
OP
jezzak10
andy, can you send me a list again of all the bits i need, but keeping my k10 box/shafts, and yes i know you already told me but i deleted my inbox on FB and my brain isnt in gear lmao

h701micra

Deactivated Account
i dont doubt it dave, and your point is.............?
Because you used the failure of 1 engine to make a joke of the opinions/experience of others on another thread even though engines as superior as the GTR's still share the same issue at a guess

OP
OP
jezzak10
Well after looking at the headlight dip box everything seems fine and looks like new, plus i tried turning the stalk to full beam and slightly forced it a bit and the normal beam flickered on and is now working if I force it, so diagnosis is that the stalk may be faulty not the sip/dim box haha, thanks to andy for dropping the stalk hint haha otherwise I would have been pestering him for a bypass loom for ever lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
well, as of now my headlights finally work fine, it was the stalk so will be hunting for another one thats not as faulty for when it finally dies lol, also will be now on the lookout for all the bits i need to drop this cg13 in, so money is being saved to send to andy for whatever is needed aswell.

im also getting annoyed with the wheels and want them gone to replace them with some 13x7j's so pm me if someone has something to swap for them lol.

also on my mind is repainting the car after some repairs are done as i havesome surface rust on the rear arch lips, a dent in the passenger side rear arch and the edge of my drivers door is bent where it flapped open and hit a wall, any ideas, prefer a matte/satin finish.

also the last thing thats annoying me is the interior, the door cards are crap and have broken clips because me being a dumbass pulled them to hard and ended up leaving the clips in the door haha so im thinking of making some more out of 5mm mdf so i can build some custom speaker pods on them instead of having the crappy 3.5/4" ones in the door.

a lot of stuff to do

this car is how i want mine to sit on the wheels, found it on google search but know it belongs to someone on here lol

Attachments

• DSC_2343.jpg
    DSC_2343.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 321
OP
OP
jezzak10
Haha, well I wanna keep my car looking as it is with the kit etc just need to swap out the wheels for some 13s and slam it then engine upgrades will follow

Sent from my slutty secretary as I'm tied up in the fungeon

OP
OP
jezzak10
Haha Scott's looked good with the wellers and them wheels are what I'm after lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
Well looks like I'm stepping back from the Micra for a while so I can actually put money to one side to get it how I want, which is a shame as I wanted to get it on the road this week but funds kept from doing it, so, the definitive plans I'm not changing and will be doing in the future when funds allow, one thing that is getting annoying is trying to get rid of my wheels lol, have put ads up on Facebook but nothing apart from a message from a guy called kio klown that was blank as Facebook is **** lol thinking it may be about the wheels so hopefully something comes up soon

OP
OP
jezzak10
Hey guys been a while lol, as above I said I was gonna step back from the Micra for a while and did so in the form of an mg zr (wife's car) only to have it written off after a month of ownership by some silly b**ch crumpled the rear end, now as we are still to pay £450 for the car the payout is gonna be around £1300 so not a bad deal in the end apart from a majorly sore back lol, anyway once the payout is sorted I'm hoping to have enough money to put the Micra through its mot tax and insurance deposit with enough to buy a cg13 vented disks and some pads then I'll be in my way to a decent motor so fingers crossed lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
Well here's a shock, the starlet engine I was offered for cheap has come up for sale again even cheaper due to needing new rings so a new engine box shafts and loom etc £250, the insurance from the accident has paid out and waiting to clear in my bank and also won a mondeo on eBay for £425.

So now I have a daily that I will be picking up next week, engine soon after then get the Micra back on the road after that, looks like things are finally going my way

OP
OP
jezzak10
New mot rules regarding HIDs are **** lol, spent half an hour removing my HID bulbs off the car yesterday to replace them with the normal H4 bulbs only to get to the mot and be told that it's fine to have HIDs fitted which was great news as the drivers bulb wiring still doesn't work lol (weird really as the HIDs are running off the drivers socket lol) anyway 30 mins later and I have a fresh ticket for 12 months with no advisories lol, shocked isn't the word lol

Tax mot and insurance is a grand total of less than £500 a year

OP
OP
jezzak10
GRRRRR well my plans have gone out the window AGAIN due to having to fix 2nd gear on the gearbox, so no more 4efte :(, its not the only thing that has gone wrong but they are not car related lol, anyway, im gonna be buying bits for my car over the next few months to make sure its running properly, gonna pull the coilovers off to give them a clean up and colour coding to the new paint (whatever that may be as not decided yet)

With all the hassle ive had with the starlet swap im ditching the idea totally until i can find a good running one so im back to the CG13 swap lol, seems like i should have stayed with that idea in the first bloody place

OP
OP
jezzak10
So as I'm wanting to do a bit of stance on my car (power people shoot me lol) I'm putting back up for swaps my March turbo alloys, want something in 13" preferable staggered 6j and 7j mine are 14x5.5j all good tyres only 1 mark on 1 wheel, I would say they could do with a full strip and repaint because I can't seem to remove bedded in brake dust and dirt lol.

Anything like banded steels, wellers star mags etc with tyres will be great, located in Ipswich

OP
OP
jezzak10
and again things have changed, why is it with a micra before you even do anything to it you change your mind more time than you spend of fuel in a year, ive decided now i want some sort of dishy 15"x7"j alloys ET35 to swap over for the march turbo alloys so if anyone sort of close to ipswich has something let me know, ive also got myself a triple gauge pod with 2 oil gauges 1 pressure and 1 temp, as i have only the gauges and no sensors can anyone point me in the right direction of decent sensors and a sandwich plate that can be used on the MA10 as well as the CG13 if or when i upgrade.

still have my problem with the headlights think it may be the stalk so need to replace that asap as having my HIDs on full beam all the time may get me in trouble at some point, even though they dont seem so bright and are thankfully pointing quite low to not blind anyone lol

still in talks with a polybush company for some polys for the k10, hopefully they decide to make me some or at least come back telling me they will do it if a certain amount are ordered, then i can speak to andy about getting it on a group buy thing

found a bottle of T-cut in the cupboard this morning so i know what ill be doing tomorrow if the weather is good, will be nice to see my car nice and bright lmao

OP
OP
jezzak10
well the virdict on that one was a flat no but i have asked another company tonight to see what they say and hopefully get a reply soon

OP
OP
jezzak10
Time to upgrade the big 3 on my k10 the new 4AWG cable is nearly 3x bigger than the original so that means new battery and new terminals to make use of the bigger wires, also got a shock when the new ANL fuse holder turned up, the size difference between that and the old AGU glass tube fuse holder I was going to use lol

4f9b62845e22c5bf8eaedd5294f060ef.jpg

8f0f91cd5e172c3a2e63ef8cddc33b4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jezzak10
Right as most know from Facebook my engine has began to knock on the bottom end, I will be hopefully replacing it with another ma10 in the meantime while I find a suitable k11 donor for the cg13, now as its a straight swap for the ma10, I'm thinking it's not much harder for the cg13, but if I as gonna swap everything ie engine and box what other parts would be ideal to swap over, would it be wishbones, hubs brake callipers and would I need to swap the steering rack too or is that a no go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jezzak10
Well again a deal has fell through on a k11 donor due to the owner wanting to scrap the car instead of getting nearly double the scrap value I offered grr, have decided to buy another k10 1.2 and just swap the engine block over from that to mine using my inlet/carb and exhaust, will also be swapping the rear adjustable seat belts if they are still in there as they are like a front set and retractable, hopefully this will be an easy swap for me as I'm gonna take as much stuff off the donor and refurb to be put on mine.

So parts I'll be taking is the complete rear axle for re bushing using andys nylon setup, wishbones to be polybushed with k11 polys, also the clocks will be going in too as they are similar mileage (about 50 miles difference) and taking my coilovers off for a good cleanup and measure the springs to get a new set of top up that actually fit properly lol,and whatever else I can steal lmao

Sent from my slutty secretary as I'm tied up In The fungeon

OP
OP
jezzak10
well, as some of you know i now have the 1.2 k10, i have found why it was running a bit **** too, the carb must have been rebuilt and not had its screws tightened properly as it was all loose so ive just ripped half of it off and im now left with the bottom half of the carb attatched to the manifold which i have no idea how to take off the mani lol, anyway, once its out (when i finally get some tools that dont break lol) i want to give it a bloody good clean and paint, but have a few questions,
(1). would it be just easier to unclip everything from the engine wire and pipe wise, unbolt the tie rod ends, unbolt struts and shafts from the hub and just lift it out, also while its out, the rear mount looks different to the one i have on my ma10, should i swap that over too?
(2). once unbolted from the hubs can the shafts just pull out or is it possible to remove the engine with them still attatched?
(3). what would i need to run bike carbs
(4). would it be ideal to fir an A/F gauge with bike car

hopefully this will work out better for me this time as i can get bike carbs easier than a bloody k11 cg13 lol and im now the proud owner of a welder so may have a go at a manifold lmao, if not ill ask andy nicely lmao

h701micra

Deactivated Account
1) Unplug everything, undo the wishbone and prize the shafts out the gearbox, and lift tge engine free
1a) yes swap the mount
2) just pill them out the box
3) bike carbs, manifold and a vacuum take off port for the brake servo
4 a wideband is beneficial to any car tuning

OP
OP
jezzak10
I take it I would need an extra pipe on the manifold to go to somewhere else as all the manifolds I e seen have 5 vac pipes on

Sent from my slutty secretary as I'm tied up In The fungeon