• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my first micra

OP
OP
jezzak10
also time has come to rid the micra of its wheels, from what i know they are uber rare march turbo alloys, 14x5.5j on 165/60/14 tyres (will check that) want to swap for a half decent set of starmags with decent tyres if possible, preferably close as possible to ipswich as the micra will be off the road by friday morning

OP
OP
jezzak10
Well the Micra is now officially off the road for the foreseeable future as the tax and insurance is now out, this gives me time to fix a few niggles I have with it like the headlights, wishbones and a sort if weird knocking from the engine on idle, which I'm hoping is just a knackered engine mount, either way I will be upgrading to a CG swap at some point.
As I love my bass I want to turn the Micra into a bass car, with the plans if the engine swap all main power wiring will be upgraded to 0awg and a Peugeot 307 TDi alternator will be fabricated to fit to power it.
On the stereo side of things I will be adding a couple of deep cycle leisure batteries in the boot (wheel well) to power 2 x jbl gto1400.1 amps running 4 x jbl gt5-12 dvc subs in a custom built box tuned down to around 30ish htz, custom built door cards with some components or 6x9 components if I can find a set.

I have given myself a 2year limit to get this done due to funds lol and will be asking lots if questions along the way with the engine swap, and will be pestering andy for fabricated parts at some point too haha

Sent from my slutty secretary as I'm a bit tied up ;)

OP
OP
jezzak10
Yeh it will be an ongoing project with a major time limit lol, also want to stay with small wheels maybe 13"s if I can swap my march turbo wheels for something like wellers, banded steels or star mags with plenty if dish lol, would live a rear dis upgrade too if that was possible lol but to much work for me lol.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Yeh it will be an ongoing project with a major time limit lol, also want to stay with small wheels maybe 13"s if I can swap my march turbo wheels for something like wellers, banded steels or star mags with plenty if dish lol, would live a rear dis upgrade too if that was possible lol but to much work for me lol.

I've made a rear disc axle up and they're not too much trouble to do at all :)
Remove drum gubbins fab a caliper bracket, bolt it together, job done.
You'll get em swapped soone enough. If not sell em on :)

OP
OP
jezzak10
Lol no rush, I got ages, I could copy it and send it back to you once done

OP
OP
jezzak10
Haha sweet, hopefully this project gets done as my last one died a horrible death lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
Haha the golf was an accident, was jacking it up to put it in stands and while it was jacked up, and I was putting the stand under the back end the jack collapsed and the stand went through the rear corner

Clodo

Club Member
Haha the golf was an accident, was jacking it up to put it in stands and while it was jacked up, and I was putting the stand under the back end the jack collapsed and the stand went through the rear corner

Ouchies! :-( x

OP
OP
jezzak10
Yep was a shame as it was a 1984 type 19 with quarter lite windows in the front doors

OP
OP
jezzak10
Just been out to the Micra, need a bloody good wash and decided to start it, first time too and now I miss driving it, time to get my finger out my arse haha

OP
OP
jezzak10
for swaps march turbo alloys in 14x5.5j 4x100 pcd in good condition apart from one little but if curbing in one rim, want to swap for some 13x7j wellers, starmags or banded steels with tyres, located Ipswich

Attachments

• 602829_10151555248991218_1036056808_n (1).jpg
    602829_10151555248991218_1036056808_n (1).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 385
OP
OP
jezzak10
well after searching for a cg13 local to me a different opportunity has come to light that i thought never would and for a price i just cant pass on, its a jap engine, 1.3 and turbo'd from the factory, only downside is its not nissan but should drop in on the original mounts without much more hassle than a cg13 would, the only downside is i have to wait a few months before getting said engine as the guy who offered it to me is just waiting to have the cash to build a forged engine from scratch for his 'toy'

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
well after searching for a cg13 local to me a different opportunity has come to light that i thought never would and for a price i just cant pass on, its a jap engine, 1.3 and turbo'd from the factory, only downside is its not nissan but should drop in on the original mounts without much more hassle than a cg13 would, the only downside is i have to wait a few months before getting said engine as the guy who offered it to me is just waiting to have the cash to build a forged engine from scratch for his 'toy'
I went to see my mates car to measure up.
The wishbones look to be a near perfect fit, hubs might be abit tricky.
The driveshafts have 22 splines gearbox side and 23 hub side ad are 26mm wide (on the top of my head).
The drivers side engine mount will be fine, theres not front engine mounts on those engines so thats fine and the rear engine mount looks to be perfect as well.

OP
OP
jezzak10
yeh, thats what i thought, i could just find a set of brakes and hubs to match the shafts and use the wishbones if they fit, may just buy one and see if it fits lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
It's like the Micra m8, you don't see any in the local yards, I do however know someone with a n/a ep91 starlet that's doing a full rebuild so may ask him for one if his if he has replaced them lol, if you look at the powerflex bushes for the rear if the wishbones they do look similar too, it does make me think that Toyota stole most if the part designs etc from the k10 haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Nissan failed to make a 1.3 turbo/ 1.0 superturbo/ 1.6 K11. That was their failure there. It's still one of nissans best selling cars, and easily outsold the K10 in the UK :)

OP
OP
jezzak10
Haha shame Nissan didn't steal the 4e-fte plans and use it in the k10 instead of the turbo and super turbo lol

Sent from my slutty secretary as I'm tied up in the fungeon

h701micra

Deactivated Account
It will outsell the K10 it was sold off the K10 hype :p
I still stand by the fact they took the good bits off the K10 added worse designed kit (ie rear axle) and then sold it. But to most that bought one (the granny car so i guess the grannies) they wouldn't have been bothered

OP
OP
jezzak10
Either way good bargain I got haha, and even better a 1300 turbo build for less than £500 haha

OP
OP
jezzak10
Something different that if completed with a few mods could end up pissing on most cars in the road haha

OP
OP
jezzak10
Lol, I'm also looking at a tdo4L upgrade and having it externally wastegated to dump gasses through a screamer pipe lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
Right when I bought the Micra back in September last year I was refused everywhere for a classic policy, even from the same guys I had my mk2 golf with, so had to shell out nearly £700 for the year, but since the tax ran out in April it's been off the road being neglected lol and thought well it's about time she was back in use, decided to call my old classic insurance guys again to see what they say and woohoo classic policy quote for the k10 of £358.04 fully comp, can even go down by another £100 if I take all the extras off too like protected excess, breakdown cover and some other bits lol but I'm well happy with that, so hopefully she will be back on the road very very soon

a6ypeher.jpg

OP
OP
jezzak10
well, the 4efte plan was to good to be true, my mates glanza wasnt in as good order as he was told when he bought it, the engine now has a hole in the side where it spat a conrod and is now useless, so back to the original plan of a cg13 i suppose, so will be on the lookout for an early dizzy type engine at some point and what ever bits i need to put it in the k10 and go.

such a shame really but never mind, there is always another plan lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
yeh i know they can push a lot of power but something wasnt right with the engine and he didnt know until it was too late, shame really cos it would have been a good swap, will just do the cg13 swap for now then possibly save up in the future for a complete starlet

OP
OP
jezzak10
i think with mine and the bad luck of things since thinking of doing the glanza swap, ill just stay with nissan engines for now haha, cg13de it is, just need to find one that isnt ripping me off for near on £150 just for the engine thats close to ipswich lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
yeh thats what i mean, not many scrap yards round here keep cars for parts, they just strip the fluids and crush them complete so if you want something you need to be fast but expect your wallet to get burnt lol, last cg13 i asked about was £150 for the engine, no box, no manifold, no inlet, no starter or alt, just the bare engine, cant even find any donars as people wont sell for scrap price thinking they are gonna get more but then end up sending it down the scrappy for £80 lol, i swear i cant win in ipswich, everything is overpriced lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
if looked after and set up well, the 4efte can run great up to 350bhp, its just some people dont do things right and take shortcuts to get the power because of the huge costs, mind you i think £2999.99 for a stage 3 rebuild with forged internals is reasonable and would be willing to pay that for safe reliability lol, but obviously whoever had the glanza before my friend didnt lol