• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my first micra

hi guys, new to the forum and may as well start on a thread

i first saw this car on ebay a week or so ago and decided to have a bid on it, then got a reminder on the day it ended on my phone to pay for it, woo i had won lol, i ended up discussing with the owner to pic it up when i got back from travel which was yesterday.

me and my m8 travelled the few miles from ipswich to bury st edmunds on the train and an hour walk to the house to pick it up, and to say pics dont do it justice is an understatement, it looked mint.

after a quick chat and a little drive to tell me about squeeky coilovers/top mount and the deal was done for a cheap £275

here are a few pics

dmlg.jpg

3wwg.jpg

ht0m.jpg

i dont know much about the car, but was told it apparently had hard to find super S rear lights and full super S kit, and some sort of nissan motorsport alloy wheels and a carbon vinyl wrapped bonnet.

the interior is abolulty mint too, super clean, even came with the stereo which has been swapped for another sont with ipod connection

(will edit with interior pics later)

i dont know what else can be done to the car really but im sure i will think of something to put my own touch to it and all credit for the way it sits now goes to the previous owner lol

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Welcome mate

Looking good so far.

Rempove that carbon wrap, it's tacky ;)

And replace the Laguna splitter with a Polo one. Laguna is too round for such a square car :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Agree with Scott on the splitter :)

Welcome though mate. Car is looking good for such a bargain price

I vote leave the carbon bonnet :p

OP
OP
jezzak10
thanks yeh i was wondering what splitter was on it lol, i know someone who is breaking a polo 6n/6n2 if thats the right one, i dunno why but i like the carbon wrap, it will stay for now as just spent out all my cash as its a bare metal bonnet with a clear coat to stop it rusting (looks worse than it is lol, i will end up changing it at some point for a gloss black coat to match the bumpers etc tho

loving it ! real bargain ! in ireland completely standard with test they can make at least 600 euro! also im saying keep the viynl wrap to, i think it goes well! that colour blue, not as common its different but nice :)

OP
OP
jezzak10
i was thinking reclining buckets but non out there come close to the colour of the interior so would have to get a set trimmed lol so ill either do that at some point ot get the interior changed to something better

OP
OP
jezzak10
just a quick question guys, ive got a univeral car alarm in my bag of crap that i want to fit, it has all the bits for remote star (not interested in this bit) and remote central locking etc, where would be the best place to wire in the indicator flash, as on my last car (84 mk2 golf) it was inside the steering cowl

OP
OP
jezzak10
lol i should have thought that question through before hitting reply lol, should have also asked what colour wires i need to chop into

OP
OP
jezzak10
Arrrrgh I hate trying to understand wiring diagrams lmao, oh well I'll sort it out another way lol, anyway gave the car a good clean and wax, then I made the mistake of removing the Nissan/Sony stickers off the window now I'm left with a sticky residue that turns blue when wet lol, also was wondering if anyone knows what these wheels are or what they are worth as I'm looking for something a bit bigger and wider

8y8u9azu.jpg

They seem in very good condition too with good tyres but I'm looking for something like a set of wellers in a 14" with low profile tyres

Clodo

Club Member
Nail varnish remover or petrol will get the sticky residue off :)

Never seen those alloys before but there really nice I like the centers :)
Are they original k10 alloys? X

OP
OP
jezzak10
No idea on the wheels, I've searched everywhere online and can't find any other pics of them so no info at all still haven't checked what size they are lol think they are 13"x5, I'm used to running small wheels from my mk2 golf I had but these are to small, need some 14"x6/6.5 staggered really lol

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
14x6 will let you use 195/45 tyres which are good, but if you're low you might need to roll arch for clearence, I'm fairly low and had to roll the lip for 185/50's on a nearly standard offset.

OP
OP
jezzak10
just a quick question before i do some drastic stuff, my clutch pedal feels a bit to high for my liking and i get a bit of juddering from pull off, could this be a start of clutch fail or just a stretched cable as this is the first car ive had this with so wouldnt know lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
Just had a fiddle with the cable the bite point feels a lot more comfortable to what I like, but there is a bit of slack now in the cable where I can press down a bit on the peddle and it doesn't do anything lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
True but I have about an inch or 2 of travel lol before the cable starts to work, it's just like it was on my old mk3 vauxhall Astra lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
OP
jezzak10
all sorted now lol, just a bit of fine adjustment on both ends has it feeling a lot better now.

im really getting the urge for some wider wheels for my k10 but dont know what to go for, at the moment its sat on the nissan motorsport rims that are a 14x5.5 i think, a lot slimmer than my vw bottletops i had that were 14x6, so will deffo be looking for somethink thats at least a 6" wide on the front and maybe 7 on the rear with some stretch, aside from that im missing my rev counter so i'm also going to be looking for a 52mm rev counter off ebAy to fit on the a-pillar in a pod hopefully.

thats all for now really as i havent had time to do much to the car as of yet apart from put 300 miles on the clock since the 4th of this month lol

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
If you ever go to sell those alloys or lights please contact me ;). I can do a swap for some other alloys and lights if needed. I got some 14x6" alloys which were refurbished a few months ago.

I went for 13" wellers on my super s which are 13"x7" 6et and used to have a set of 13x7" -6et starmags. My old super s had 14x6.5" 30et BBS wheels which fix perfect when you roll the rear arches. Problem with 14" I have found is that tyre choice is hard and not many good stretchable tyres on the market.

Best tyres I found were 185/50/14, 155/55/14, 165/55/14 or 175/50/14. I went for some yokohama 185/50/14 tyres.

OP
OP
jezzak10
I won't be selling anything off the car just yet lol, maybe the wheels will go though at some point for something like a set of starmags if I can get a swap lol

OP
OP
jezzak10
Lol I've been looking at a k10 fan site on Facebook and there is a nice red Micra on chrome starmags, they look awesome lol

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Lol I've been looking at a k10 fan site on Facebook and there is a nice red Micra on chrome starmags, they look awesome lol
Might be my K10 or someone elses. I have only ever seen one other red K10 with starmags and they were a different style ones with less dish.

OP
OP
jezzak10
right, not done a lot to the micra apart from peal off the vinyl due to it being fitted badly and i have lowered the front a little bit more, also the manifold bolts managed to come undone one night while a was working and got a bollocking from a copper lol, anyway i had decided to fix up a few bits on the car and sell it to fund another car now i have a more family friendly daily (honda accord), but now im deffo keeping it, and want to strip it back and clean everything, will be on the lookout for a next to nothing CG13DE with everything to just swap over, i have tried to use the search but my comp isnt working properly so a few questions to ask, what mods to engine mounts do i need to do to fit the block, whats the best gearbox to use with k10 hubs, do i need to make a hybrid clutch or will a normal one do, also do i need to put in an electric fuel pump?
also if i want to get someone to make me a roll cage what steel tubing would be best to use (want full 6 point but for show use only)

if anyone has any info or links to a conversion that would be great, thanks

h701micra

Deactivated Account
You need engine, loom and ecu, fuel pump and custom mount.
Next complex bit is the gearbox choice
Use the ma box and seat the engine to suit. Need 160mm clutch iirc
Or
Use the cg box, shafts, hubs with brakes n wishbones

Last edited:
OP
OP
jezzak10
i was hoping to use the standard ma box if it will bolt up fine as to keep shafts and hubs etc, was also hoping to upgrade the master brake cylinder if possible to the k11 one and use upgraded discs and pads if that would work