My First Micra...

thegman89

Ex. Club Member
Heya,

This is my first Micra, well my first car so am totally new to modding and ICE. However, I've had enough stick from my mates about it being a granny car - so after seeing what some people have done to them I really wanna do the same :)

At the moment all I've done is add some seat covers, added a clip over exhaust cover and upgraded the front speakers. Here's some pics of the beast as she stands....

a.jpg

b.jpg

micra1.jpg

The Future

Here is what I have planned for my car so far...
  • Remove window stickers and stickers on bodywork
  • remove side skirts
  • colour code bumpers and wing mirrors
  • add rear spolier
  • new door handles
  • alloy wheels
  • new rear and possibly front lights
  • footwell neons
  • install a sub and amp
  • tinted windows (rear 3)
  • new front seats
  • possibly new flooring
  • new fabric on door cards
What do you think of the above plan to improve the looks? Anything I should avoid? Anything that could be added to the list?

I don't want to do any performance mods yet as a) I'm not a mechanical person at all! b) Doesn't this increase your insurance premium - and being a new driver this is high enough as it is! I'm aiming to give it a nice look and sound system rather than performance at the moemnt - when my insuarnce gts cheaper I will ook at adding performace mods.

I welcome all comments :)

Cheers :)

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
Everything that you have mentioned is pretty much what most people plan to do with their cars when they get them, just depends on whether or not you get it done!

I have done pretty much everything you mentioned but it took me like 2 years lol just depends on money and time really..good luck with it any way.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Get it lowered too :)

But yeah as Glen says it's whether you actually get round to doin it all. What exactly do you mean by new flooring?

Sounds likr you have some good plans for it though, just don't rush it. :)

hhhmm yes, the seat covers and exhaust trim dont really do it for me but the i was happy to drive round all last year without any hub caps on my steels (they were clean though).

misterBaz

Ex. Club Member
Heya,

I don't want to do any performance mods yet as a) I'm not a mechanical person at all! b) Doesn't this increase your insurance premium - and being a new driver this is high enough as it is!
Hi, welcome to the club, it's not just performance modifications that add to your insurance premiums. If you declare your mods like you are supposed to then a lot of body mods increase the premium too, especially expensive mods like alloy wheels. Some insurance companies won't insure a young driver with more than a certain amount of significant modifications to the car.

My advice would not be to rush into anything, think carefully about the overall look of the car, just because a steering wheel looks great in the shops with it's flashing neon lights and fluffy trim, doesn't mean it will look good once it's in situ. All your modifications should compliment each other too.

My advice would not be to rush into anything, think carefully about the overall look of the car, just because a steering wheel looks great in the shops with it's flashing neon lights and fluffy trim, doesn't mean it will look good once it's in situ. All your modifications should compliment each other too.

Couldnt of put it better my self, actually nicked it and using it on my clubs site as advice. lol