• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My First Micra At The Age Of 16

Hi all!
I am recently new to this forum, and cars in general, and i thought by sharing my car as i go would be beneficial to anyone, and to myself (guidance and tips please guys and girls)

I picked up a L reg (93) Pre face lift K11 dot edition For 250quid
with 47k on the clock, and has been kept in a garage all its life, merely being used by grandma (ofc)
the body work is in great shape, and i have worked all my summer after GCSE's in order to obtain some money to waste making it look better

As i cannot drive yet, rolling it in and our of our garage, and with some of my dads mechanical tinkering knowledge we have made slow progress, especially due to budget and busy-ness

ENJOY

OP
OP
Bradley11
So here it was, as stock as they come, and came up nice after a full wash and polish, not bad for 250 pounds worth :)
IMG-20170528-WA0026.jpg

OP
OP
Bradley11
I then began considering what kind of mods i would like to do, and how far i would go

My intentions were:
  • Lowered
  • Wheels and tyres
  • Steering wheel
  • Short Shift
  • Racing Seats
  • CAI
  • Upgraded Brakes, And Painted Calipers
  • Painted Valve Cover
  • Custom doorcards
  • Speakers
  • Cutted interior (mabye, mabye not well see)
  • Panhard rod (From Gizfab)
  • 4 Branch Manifold and other exhaust bits
  • Stickers, Wiper Delete
The list goes on, im a little JDM fanboy what can i say xDD
Ofc, all of this depends on money

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
So here it was, as stock as they come, and came up nice after a full wash and polish, not bad for 250 pounds worth :)View attachment 54845
Welcome, if you're looking for help you couldn't be in a better place than this very forum. I got my micra at 17 after working all last summer to make a bit of money for the same reason. Seriously clean little car, good luck with it in the future

OP
OP
Bradley11
Welcome, if you're looking for help you couldn't be in a better place than this very forum. I got my micra at 17 after working all last summer to make a bit of money for the same reason. Seriously clean little car, good luck with it in the future
Thanks, i have got most of my inspiration and ideas from this very forum, and i love the variety and how nice everyone is

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I'm more into a stock high spec look, but alley cats are actually some of my favourite mad looking wheels. Get some lows on her though, and also you could sort out your sunroof drains on the front to make sure she stays fresh for years to come. Looks the biz

image.jpg
Looks the biz mate, such an awesome rare little survivor, pre face are my favourite Micra ( but then, I'm biased haha ) don't forget if she has been stood up a lot it would be wise to change ALL fluids and filters.
Welcome to the madness that is Micra, but if you are big into the JDM scene I hope you have deep pockets haha !
A pic of my old girls ( both 95' s )....

awesome wheels, but I sense bolt-ons flares...

in my country police will track me down from mile away, they hate PaddiFlush

OP
OP
Bradley11
I'm more into a stock high spec look, but alley cats are actually some of my favourite mad looking wheels. Get some lows on her though, and also you could sort out your sunroof drains on the front to make sure she stays fresh for years to come. Looks the biz
Will do thanks

OP
OP
Bradley11
awesome wheels, but I sense bolt-ons flares...

in my country police will track me down from mile away, they hate PaddiFlush
Hopefully lowering it a little more and the panhard rod from gizfab will bring them in...but I am not against using the flares...think it'd look cool
Thanks

OP
OP
Bradley11
Adjustable panhard ordered! I will seriously invite anyone looking to buy an adjustable panhard rod to buy one from Gizfab...high quality parts...and can pretty much do anything custom
Can't wait to get it and fit it ASAP

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-31-21-08-09.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-31-21-08-09.png
    338.5 KB · Views: 430

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Cheers man, wish they weren't as wide tbh, might have to do flares to keep the police from pulling me
Think that mine were only 5.5J , but 40 years ago, wide low profile tyres were not even thought of , just about everything was still 80 profile, my earliest car was a Mini (50 years ago) and the only road tyres for them at the time were 145-80-10's, didn't half stretch on 6J rims (banded steel of course as alloys for Minis didn't really appear till about 1970) ;)

OP
OP
Bradley11
Think that mine were only 5.5J , but 40 years ago, wide low profile tyres were not even thought of , just about everything was still 80 profile, my earliest car was a Mini (50 years ago) and the only road tyres for them at the time were 145-80-10's, didn't half stretch on 6J rims (banded steel of course as alloys for Minis didn't really appear till about 1970) ;)
Wow...sounds pretty cool man, just a bit iffy about the poke and if I'll get away with or without arches
We'll see I guess
Thanks

OP
OP
Bradley11
If it's just temporary what I used to do was pull out the fuel pump fuse, no one is going anywhere without that
i might do that until i find and install one, i am looking for a good system for when im using the car, as i cant drive for another 7 months

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Yeah it will work until you get it on the road, which is exactly what I was waiting for too. I wouldn't bring up the name around here, he's been known to not send out parts that have been paid for, or send out awful work. I haven't gotten anything off him so I can't really comment but there are a lot of unhappy people with it. Stick to gizfab, his work looks really decent

OP
OP
Bradley11
Yeah it will work until you get it on the road, which is exactly what I was waiting for too. I wouldn't bring up the name around here, he's been known to not send out parts that have been paid for, or send out awful work. I haven't gotten anything off him so I can't really comment but there are a lot of unhappy people with it. Stick to gizfab, his work looks really decent
Cheers for the advice

Hi Bradley11,
Love seeing what youve done to the car. Dont let your age discourage you from driving it. My daughter learnt to drive at 14 and now competes in autotests regularly (she beats me now) in our 2001 1.4 K11. You can join a local motoring club and compete from 14 as long as you carry a passenger who has a driving license and some competition experience. Nice and cheap too, normally only £25 for a days competition. You may know all of this already, but if you dont its really worth looking into

OP
OP
Bradley11
Hi Bradley11,
Love seeing what youve done to the car. Dont let your age discourage you from driving it. My daughter learnt to drive at 14 and now competes in autotests regularly (she beats me now) in our 2001 1.4 K11. You can join a local motoring club and compete from 14 as long as you carry a passenger who has a driving license and some competition experience. Nice and cheap too, normally only £25 for a days competition. You may know all of this already, but if you dont its really worth looking into
Thanks, ill get looking, i have seen a few things floating about, but i didnt know it could be that cheap
cheers

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Looking good! I don't mean to be a kill joy but make sure you can insure it with the mods on, insurance companies will have it in for you anyway!

OP
OP
Bradley11
Yes, already looked at quotes etc and pls on going on my dad's insurance for a year as he has 0 NCB for like 18 years so it's likely to be slightly more sweeter for me
Cheers though

Nice Allys. Thinking of getting a set for my k11 as well. You reckon the 13" 165/55/13 version of them will fit?
Just asking a fellow micra owner whos got the wheel fitment bang on(y)