• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My facelift K11

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=23249

it was this link mate they seem the same as what you have

i couldnt really find anything that seems better on ebay lol

thanks dude

i just done a little reasearch and the ebay ones from that company come to £164

and the ones from the link i posted come to £153 with postage and vat already on it.... so im guessing cheaper and more comeback through a proper company eh

Yeah they'll be the same as what I've got, I couldn't find them cheaper than the ones on ebay unfortunetly. There's quite a few others on ebay if you want to pay extra for what could be better quality, or go for the fk track/race range. But for the money, the ones you've linked to should be worth it imo. The market for corsa coilovers is alot more competetive than the micra market, so you should be saving a bunch anyway.

So installation is quite straight forward, just a little time consuming. Don't forget to blog it, I want to see your car dropped on them wheels(Y)

me tooo :p then ill be getting or making myself a sump and gearbox guard! haha

thing is right theres so many weird brands on the bay you just cant tell however if you feel that yours are fine then so be it! how hard is the rear at like taking a couple of people of luggage? cheers for the replies dude!

I was also thing of making a guard, lol I could really do with one.

I've currently got cut springs on mine, they were just captive before, but now they make the car sit at it's highest, ie rear damper fully extended and it's very uncomfortable, I'll be cutting the springs in the morning so they should match the height of the front. Which should make it a bit better. Luggage/passenger wise I don't know yet, would asume it's better than stock dampers as the bumpstop will be lower and it won't extend as much, as the dampers are designed to work at that height.

Do civic springs fit the rear, i thought they fit the front of the matiz struts. I think whatever springs you put on they'll want cutting. I'm in the middle of doing mine now, cutting about 2/3rds off front micra springs -to go on the back:wasntme:

Broken headlight.
Noticed it the other day. Haven't got a clue what happened. Somethings pierced the lens, chipped off some glass, and stopped the bulb from working without braking the bulb:glare:
5649285696_d94f287b76_z.jpg

So I'm now looking for a replacement, or may even get the 2nd facelift headlights. Anyone got any they want to sell?

on an up note, my 100th post count! feels a lot more than that though

Thats so annoying haha, i have the opposite side and you could've had that for postage.... thats a shame...

Lowered the rear further today, cut the spring as short as it will go without becoming uncaptive. But might come a little loose when jacked up, but remains in its seat, like they did before which passed the mot.

5665555709_fa8bfe793a_z.jpg

Lowered it about another 30mm on the allready -45mm or so cut springs:wasntme:

5665555665_e39dfd7790_z.jpg

Still could do with going 15-25mm lower to match the front better, not sure what to do other than look for different springs. But it definately looks better than before.

5665555679_58d7812e27_z.jpg

5673804152_675a6fefb9_z.jpg

I'm also going to pick up a pair of wheels tomorrow, need some work doing before they'll fit, and they'll be goin on the back for a little bit of poke, with the minilites upfront:D But will still be looking for more to replace the mini's.

awesome dude i believe its civiv rears as they are apparently stiffer! how come you didnt use the rear springs on the rear? as i dont currently have my front on the lowering kit which id much rather not tamper with obviously as i can sell it as one complete unit

Ah ok Will, Don't really want stiff springs though, want more spring but softer so it drops abit more. And I used the fronts initially as to keep the rear springs stock for mot time as I replaced the fronts for matiz springs. And the fronts are also longer, but compress about the same, so in my head lol, I thought you can cut more off than the rear while keeping it long enough to be captive, wheather that's true I don't know, but I passed mot with them cut for -40ish drop.

I've got 5mm spacers on rear scott, anymore and extended studs would be needed ideally. And I've been trying to put alloys on them since I've had the car so I shouldn't need spacers so no point buying them. But one year on and I'm still rollin stock steelies:wasntme:

maatiz legs i thought you were using corsa coilover s now im confused haha

sorry for jackin your thread

:laugh: I've got corsa coilovers now yeah. But before then I had matiz springs on micra struts. So the front micra springs was spare, so I cut them to put on the rear and saved the micras rear springs for the mot. err I think that makes sense now lol.

i think the corsa coilovers are fine for mot dude which is okay cos i only have my rears left and that reminds me better take them off my sale thread lol

when i get them ill be back :) will be a few weeks till i can get them though

Coilovers should be fine, just the rears a little tricky, cant have it too low(lower than pics above) else it'l be a fail for being uncaptive. Hope there's a fix as I love it this low, drove past a couple of very low vw's today, but mine was lower mwahaha, got a few evil glances from them:grinning:

Cutting springs. I dont want to jump on a badwagon. wait *climbs in* how on earth is this safe in any way shape or form!? surely oem springs arnt meant to take the stress? handling cant be great too? *climbs out* fair play for doing it and it looks great but i think it wrong. :down: please dont have a bite back at me, im just sayin' as i think it isnt safe.:blues:

car looks great anyway matey. (Y)

well unless you can find a spring which is about 5inches in length then we can use it lol the reason we have to cut them for coilovers is to actually drop the rear but iot will stay perfectly captive...

its when they are uncaptive that its dangerous

Cutting springs. I dont want to jump on a badwagon. wait *climbs in* how on earth is this safe in any way shape or form!? surely oem springs arnt meant to take the stress? handling cant be great too? *climbs out* fair play for doing it and it looks great but i think it wrong. :down: please dont have a bite back at me, im just sayin' as i think it isnt safe.:blues:

car looks great anyway matey. (Y)

Typically I'm with you on this, but it's only the rear springs, they're captive when jacked up, the sports dampers will/maybe(im unsure) help with the 'stress'. And the handling's perfect:p

For anyone struggling to go lower and keep the springs captive you need some runflat/helper springs http://www.dfaulknersprings.com/helpers.htm

I love the colour coded front bonnet grille's, did you DIY and if so how's it done, how do you get paint to stick to that chrome? also that black cemtre consol looks brill too, are special paints needed for that?

My car is blue too with the orange trim, you've certainly got me thinking :eek: a shame one side has been sprayed without the removal of those rubbing strips, it'd look a mess if I took them off :(

Thanks

For anyone struggling to go lower and keep the springs captive you need some runflat/helper springs http://www.dfaulknersprings.com/helpers.htm

I love the colour coded front bonnet grille's, did you DIY and if so how's it done, how do you get paint to stick to that chrome? also that black cemtre consol looks brill too, are special paints needed for that?

My car is blue too with the orange trim, you've certainly got me thinking :eek: a shame one side has been sprayed without the removal of those rubbing strips, it'd look a mess if I took them off :(

Thanks

Link may come in handy, bit of a problem with the size of the original and the size and shape of the mounts/seats etc, but could be possible.

Painting grill is easy, got to remove the chrome trim which is the trickiest part, then just needed to sand the grill with 600grit and lay down a couple coats of primer, then a couple of coats of colour, leave to dry completely, then mask of the outer rim, sand with 1200grit, couple of coats of black, leave to dry and remove tape, then a couple of coats of laquer, then refit when dry.

Centre console was tricky as I the paint would never stick in places, due to grease, even after sanding with 1200grit and using a painters tack cloth, so it took a few attempts. And no, no special paint, just plastic primer and black paint. If I were to redo the kick panels though I would use high temp paint as the heaters made the paint there crack and peel.

Car hadn't been resprayed, I don't think, just unlucky that the rubstrips had been pressed on hard and almost embossed the paint, but it's hard to notice unless you was looking for it.

Picked up my new wheels today, 13"x6j cobra slotmags, think I might put them on the rear of the micra, need to be referbed, get some smalller tyres on them and adjust the holes from 4x4 to 4x100 if I want to fit them first:wasntme:

5669820534_c6da123ce2_z.jpg

Unsure on what colour, but will paint the minilites the same. Might be black centre silver rim, gold centre silver rim, silver centre black rim, or gold centre black rim...

Is it time I went and got some new wheels!

The stud holes are probably a large enough diameter to clear the micra studs, so you could do what I have for my rears which are 4x4". you need to go with spigot rings - get some ally ones made, then a taper to flat washer to suit the taper of the mags, again with a larger diameter hole than the studs so that it can sit eccentric to them, on top of that a flat washer that fits the studs and a flat nut on top, I've used stock micra nuts the wrong way round. No issues with wobble, or the wheels comming loose (these were on the back of the tourquise car for a bit as well as now on the red one.

Not quite an update, but I'm now decided that I'm 99% sure I'll be keeping the car for as long as possible, so I'm more willing to invest in more power. I kept weiving in and out about whether to save for long term goals -bigger engined car, a flat etc, or to tune the 1 litre. Doing a bit of both doesn't work and my long term goals keep getting shot down, so it's living with the parents and driving a 1litre ftw:down::laugh:

So anyway, increasing the 1liters power is mighty hard if you don't have the tools, experience, money or the connections. But I'm still eiger to do it. Turbo's not going to happen, not a chance in hell I can afford the 500% increase in insurence, doesn't matter what I do even if its a stock car with turbo in the name, the cost significantly goes up. ITBs on the other hand are perfectly acceptable, and I love the noise! Obviously that will have to be a very long term project as I have very little knowledge of what's involved. But short term plans are in the making. Light weight flywheel is.. ready to go on, headskim and reground cams I will get done this time, just need the right details for geoff at autosprint. Then hopefully some more headwork. Lightening the interior will happen but will need to keep the rear bench so not much will happen there, just the sunroof if it's possible to remove and rear carpets and trim.

Coilovers, two week evaluation*geek*
So I've been running coilovers now for over 2 weeks, and I've got to say they are really fun. Ride comfort is better than before, a little bumpier on certain surfaces, but glides over most bumps rather than crashing and bouncing like before.

Scraping isn't as big an issue as I thought it would be, it can even get over some speed humps ok, only tried those long round smoother ones that stretch the width of the road and typically found near schools, the thinner hump ones and the jewel-shaped ones I'm not even going to attempt! Only major issue is going over uneven ground where the sump and gearbox can contact the road, but I've not had any problems just got to be sensible. But there's two things that I have know idea what they are for that are located towards the bottom of each end of the crossmember and stick out below the bumper, they scrape the most with being so far infront of the wheels and make quite a loud 'ching' that scares old women and makes kids shout 'oomm he crashed' ha, but other than that it's surprisingly fine.

Cornering, is excellent compared to before and I'm only on stock tyres. Not used anything wider than the 155s with coilovers yet. The additional camber also allows more cornering speed and is a lot less likely to understeer now. I could do with better seats now though as the lack of support from can become evident.

And the looks you get from 'dubbers' is absolutely priceless! Most of them are usually in polos or lupos and are alot taller and the few that arn't tall are about equaly low, and they all stare as they drive past, or some stop and stare, had a couple take photos too, some do shout ''it's a f#ckin micra'' or ''why the f#ck a micra'' or simply just ''c#nt'', which is nice to know my cheap car is affending others who've spent ££££s on chrome bbs splits and bonnet bras:laugh:

the unknown metal part that keeps scraping:
5716342708_a253799e4f.jpg

Slot Mags
Not much has happened with them, tried to remove the tyres myself but couldn't, didn't think I would but gave it a shot. So I gave them a good clean, but I've been too busy with work to get around to painting and fitting tyres. Will follow on with what Mark advised, and will fit eccentric tapered washers to fit them safely. Almost decided on a colour scheme, I'm thinking aluminium painted centre faces and dark grey/gun metal for the rest.
5716342700_0f4f12793a.jpg

5716342722_3a8d8fba02_z.jpg

Good lord, that's low :eek:

It was lower, but I've highered it to a more suitable height for a daily:grinning:

Slot mags! like mine... lovely aren't they :D slightly different shape but still gorgeous!

Yep I do like 'em, I really wanted those that you bought from mark but they were on the top end of my budget. These ones are made by Cobra possibly for a Vauxhall not quite as iconic as the Wolfraces but they have the smoother rim that I prefer although they're scuffed to much to polish. Only have the pair, so im looking out for some more, or any other wheels possibly some compomotive cx's:grinning:

Would love to see a micra on compo cx's, and alley cats. I rather like the cobra slot shape, much closer to the Hailbrand kidneybean type wheels that influenced their design.
I might have a lead on a pair of 7x13 Cobra slots. I'll have a hunt back through my e-mails.

Not a fan of the silver centre idea, go fully polished, I think yours could pull it off.

Would go fully polished, or possibly black centres, but the rims are scuffed too much with a fairly large ding in one(the one above but cameras hid it). So I was thinking about a darker colour to hide it. And yeah if I can get hold of another pair of cobras that could be good. Yup missed out on a few cx's on ebay before, but still looking.

Yep, already had my eye set on them top alleycats:D the 8s are too wide and too expensive for me though. And minilites?? nooo, I'm trying to replace my minilites for something better lol. But thanks for the heads up pal. If you spot anything else interesting, let me know(Y)

Oh I've been a bit of a busy bee lately but nothing blog worthy untill now. A bit ago I needed to fill up at 5am before work, redlight was on, went to the local 24hour garage but it was closed, tried 4 other garages around town all closed, went to try the more expensive one in the next town if that wasn't open I'd have to wait there til it did, it was also closed, but the shell garage nearby was open, ######, I've had problems with shell in the past but had to use it or risk loosing my job. Got the same problems as before, lumpy idle nearly stalling and only averaged 20mpg where I normaly average 40mpg.

I've also fitted a 150cm 1.5" intake pipe from the front bumper to the airbox with the 40cm 3" pipe overlapping the airbox and pipe, this has smoothed out the power band very nicely, and with the 3" pipe still open behind the headlamp it still revs well too. Best of both worlds. With this and the quick shifter my 0-60 now has been clocked at roughly 8-9 seconds with a good gear change and less than 1/4 tank. But with an average gear change and 3/4 tank it's around 12 seconds, big difference but the potential is clearly there.

Also fitted the what I think is sportier looking, 2nd facelift speedo surround, have flushed the switch flat and smoothed the two halves together and painted black. May get it flocked as I can't get a fabric to wrap this design and I hate glare.

Turbo

Could be a good while until I fit this, 8-12months maybe, or it could happen within the next 2 months. I'll be redoing a module in order to pass my course around october/november so I don't want to be distracted by fitting the turbo then.

5843170528_32920aa82f_z.jpg

5843170516_e6f70eb4f6_z.jpg

5843170512_cf256d0d1e_z.jpg

I bought it from martin it's a Garret t20 and the manifold has been modified by frank. I'll be going more indepth about the kit in the forced induction forum >here< But the build will be more leaneant to reliability and cost over power, it will probably and initailly consist of this turbo at 3-5psi, suitable intercooler as I want to deter detenation as much as possible but keep lag low, ga16 injectors, gtir fuel pump, 2" exhaust. I'll probably upgrade the items, and get a good proper remap, switch to reinforced auto 1.3 block and dial up the boost overtime, but that's not my priority yet, just want a small low boost setup at the minute.

Wheels
They're Ford Capri 13x7s with 165/55 tyres. Have had to raise the front coilovers about 10mm and put the rubbers back in on the rear and diy arch roll as there was alot of tyre rubbing, can just squeeze my fingers between the arch and tyres now, but might not be enough. Looks good though.

Broke one of studs for the centre caps (yep superls, they are soft aint they, any idea how to fix?) And I may need to get some longer wheel studs to be more confident the nuts won't come loose.

5845403175_63856e9756_z.jpg

5845972728_4a5cdc0687_z.jpg

5848313363_6cd06e0f82_z.jpg

got any better pics of it with the capris on, looks really good mate

edit how low have you got the car sittin on the coilovers

No not got any better pics as of yet, that was the best one as it's a tight space, and couldn't go anywhere else as I got blocked in on drive.

I parked a couple spaces down from another facelift last week, and I'm roughly half a foot lower(6"s) don't know what that is in mm as I can't count that high:D With the jack that comes with the car, I had to wind it to the bottom and slide it in down the sill from the rear to lift the car. But I've raised it a bit for these wheels as it was too low so don't have to do that anymore. It can go about 50mm higher or 20mm lower on the front coilovers more if I remove helper spring, but any lower than now and it wouldn't be very good as a daily for me.

:grinning:
Aye mark, I've removed them, just not in that pic, can see them at bottom of pic 2 though. Needed to be done, too long and wheels stuck out by 2"s, front ones will stay for now, spoiler might go next. But I think some sr mudflaps and spoiler might work well, but probably better with nothing at all.

I really like the alloys, was looking for something a bit subtle, without dish and chrome.
They're about 20 year old (someone will correct me) can also get 15" versions and a 13"x6 ones for the fiesta.
Capri, wheels also painted black:
DSC00369.jpg

And with them being ford there's some trickery being done to fit them, and at only 13"s it's easy to think they're trims at first glance, which I like too. Messing with peoples minds more:D

Actually so awesome I am speechless- those wheels and that drop just looks right! What would be even more awesome is a dome ford badge in the centre of those wheels but that says "Nissan" in the ford font or something? :)

Very big thumbs up!

Actually so awesome I am speechless- those wheels and that drop just looks right! What would be even more awesome is a dome ford badge in the centre of those wheels but that says "Nissan" in the ford font or something? :)

Very big thumbs up!

he has murderd the scene,fully:grinning:
some havent realized it yet:grinning:

Very big thumbs up!

It just needs a little bit of negative rear camber and the stance will be spot on imo. Have thought about the badge, thought about just ford ones, nissan in the style of ford would be interesting, but will leave them blank for now.

he has murderd the scene,fully:grinning:
some havent realized it yet:grinning:
:blush:

not that good surely, but I appreciate the comment:grinning:

Back