my euro k10

hi guys im new on here, ive owned my k10 for about 3 months and only bought it as a 60quid run around to get me to and from work.......
the only problem is i love the bloody car!
so these are the plans:
get the starter motor fixed (it sticks every now and again)
sort the rust on the bottoms of the doors
respray in matt black or grey (after completely smoothing it)
fit some small+very wide wheels
now this brings about my problem, where can i get a set of springs low enough to get my k10 sitting on the tarmac? anyone know???
will post pics up later!

what does everyone think of a euro k10??

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Welcome to the club!

The lowest springs ive ever found are -40mm. But i havent looked hard! And i think a euro K10 would be different! (in a good way!) Ive thought about it and nearly done it but i just love the lines in the K10!

ill be hopefully keeping the lines, just making it very clean, my only worry is that its a 5 door.........at least itll be different!? i hope

you'd *probably* be ok with -40mm if you can get them professionally shortened somehow, but run them on stiffer shocks or you'll have problems (i guess). Whatever yuo do, PLEASE don't cut your springs, it's a stupid thing to do safety wise :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Welcome to the club.. Get some photos of your car up! there are a few modified 5 doors but not many!

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
ill be hopefully keeping the lines, just making it very clean, my only worry is that its a 5 door.........at least itll be different!? i hope

ive seen fully soomthed and slammed 5-door golfs and they still look the shiz! they can be made to look just as good.

R

RTLkyuubi54

you'd *probably* be ok with -40mm if you can get them professionally shortened somehow, but run them on stiffer shocks or you'll have problems (i guess). Whatever yuo do, PLEASE don't cut your springs, it's a stupid thing to do safety wise :)

why is it stupid? on certain types of spring (pig tail ones) its dangerous, especially on cars that have the shocks and springs sperate because the spring can fall out of the cup and roll down the road! But since k10's use struts at all 4 corners i would say its fine to cut them. Just make sure you cut them all the same length and you grind the cut down so its got a flat spot.

and for extra safety you can even drill holes into the spring cups and 'lock' the springs in place with locking wire....

Ryan.