My engine is running good but it won't let me to drive?!

In the morning, there was awful knocking noises. The noise was coming from inner driveshafts I think. My engine is running good so the gearbox is not working.

I tried to put on the first gear so it won't me let to drive. It was so struggle to move. It was knocking and grinding noises from driveshafts. It can't be this gearbox faulty.

Does anyone got this problem before?!

Regards

Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a video so I will post it in an hour time. I got to go to somewhere now. Be right back.

i checked with these drive shafts so there are no leaking gear oil or broken gaiters. These driveshafts are not come out or fell off. i think it could be loose or worn out inner cv joints. is it better to get two good used driveshafts or get new ones from euro car parts. I am planning to take this gear oil and driveshafts out to check. I will take pictures of these driveshafts soon. Video is uploading at the moment.

I managed to unscrew this gear oil nut (it was so hard to unscrew this bolt) but I need to wait for confirm with you guys.

@frank what do you think about this video?

i have jacking up on front wheels only so its normal spins.:confused: On driver side, i feel like click feeling but no noise. At back wheels are ok but i need to change new wheel cylinders and shoes soon. So it got to be faulty gearbox like stani's gearbox?

i have jacking up on front wheels only so its normal spins.:confused: On driver side, i feel like click feeling but no noise. At back wheels are ok but i need to change new wheel cylinders and shoes soon. So it got to be faulty gearbox like stani's gearbox?
was it in gear jk ? 1 front wheel jacked up

I jacking up on both front wheels again. I put the first gear in so It won't let me to spin on both front wheels.

this clutch was fit in two years ago (aug 2011). its done 50,000 miles so far now so this clutch is gone? I will upload longer video in 10mins time.

sorry, this video was taking so long to upload on youtube.

i managed to reverse and go forward a little bit. (after that, it wont let me to drive.) I am going to drain this gear oil now so i need to see if there are any small metal pieces. If no then it got to be busted clutch or broken gearbox.

ok thanks guy. i will update the progress later on. i am going to take this gear oil and remove this gearbox out. if this clutch is worn out then i will need to buy new clutch kit.

Gear oil is out.
Half bumper is out. (It was broken before.)
Coolant is out.
Slam panel is out.
Radiator is out.
Battery is out.

Next is to remove starter motor, remove front wheels before I put axle stand. Remove driveshafts then remove these gearbox bolts.

jyryvaja.jpg

e6e9a8yz.jpg
du6a4ade.jpg
y3uny9ag.jpg
ty5aqa9y.jpg
e3y9enum.jpg

(dj westwood voice) DAM ! YOU HAVE SMASHED IT....NEVER SEEN THIS IN MY LIFE..WORLD'S FIRST !! you are the brap rider no doubt.:)

busted clutch maybe ?

what if its not busted clutch? it will be faulty gearbox right? (it could be faulty shafts or gears.)

I have to stop now cos its getting dark now. Tomorrow, i will need to put axle stands before i remove these front wheels. Then remove these driveshafts then take this gearbox out. I am ready to buy new gear oil, coolant fluid and clutch kit tomo if its busted clutch. I know my clutch is not good now cos its done 50k miles so far.

right now, i need to take my uncle's client to her gp appointment then do shopping for her. (my dad is free today so he is my taxi.:)) When everything is done then i will be free whole day to fix my car today.

if its shredded clutch then what brands clutch shall i get? exedy, valeo or transmech?

I do remember that my uncle installed new miyako or exedy. i am not too sure.

Bad news guys, there are two stuck bolts. I tried my best so I lost my energy so much. One bolt is on rear mount. Other bolt is on rh mount. The gearbox is open about 1 inch long. I couldn't take these stuck bolts out FFS.

Bad news guys, there are two stuck bolts. I tried my best so I lost my energy so much. One bolt is on rear mount. Other bolt is on rh mount. The gearbox is open about 1 inch long. I couldn't take these stuck bolts out FFS.

Get a bit of wd-40 on 'em then try again in an hour or so ;)

Yes you can.snap them loose.
ring spanner very securely held onto bolt @ nut end so it don't mash out the bolt and heavy hammer gentle tap.
MAKE SURE YOU DOING ANTI CLOCK WISE .OR THE CORRECT DIRECTION,,,,,,,, THE EARTH SPINS NATURALLY :)

it's black in here so fake of the fake off clocks,,,,,,,,, please

Yes you can.snap them loose.
ring spanner very securely held onto bolt @ nut end so it don't mash out the bolt and heavy hammer gentle tap.
MAKE SURE YOU DOING ANTI CLOCK WISE .OR THE CORRECT DIRECTION,,,,,,,, THE EARTH SPINS NATURALLY :)

it's black in here so fake of the fake off clocks,,,,,,,,, please

Yea I will try again. Brb. -_-

It's raining outside FFS. I am so angry with this rear mount. ( it's support with engine side and gearbox.) if I take this stuck bolt out then I can take this gearbox nicely. I almost break my finger and cut my arm on lower cross member.

you got the club hammer ?
make sure you hold ring end of spanner over bolts square as square can get.
I hold that end and place finger over ring to feel bolt is all snug before hammer blow

normal hammer just bounces off, deflects and smacks something useful :) usually on a good day.

FFS club,,,, here we come !

normal hammer just bounces off, deflects and smacks something useful :) usually on a good day.

FFS club,,,, here we come !

Loool FFS. It does bounces back. I am resting now so when this rain stop then I am going to push myself so hard to remove this stuck bolt.

Was hoping this finished with a solution as mines got a strange grinding noise and the front left runs at half speed to the right :-/

Back