My dolomite sprint with CA18DET Turbo Conversion.

Shameless whoring of my project car after a couple of chaps asked about it on here after mentioning in passing.

Ive owned the car since 2002 ( when i was 16) and it was my first car and drove it as a virtually standard dolomite sprint for a year and half. Sadly the HG then failed.

In 2009 i spent alot of money on it. every bush uprated, coilovers, streering upgrades you name it - but the engine was a blueprinted compleltly rebuilt webber twin 45 lump. But this car has always had a nasty habit of breaking my heart and when i took it for its 2nd setup on the rolling road it ate a nut that secures the webbers filters to the carbs :(

Better times -

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_2769Large.jpg

5534_206959500388_652775388_7737403.jpg

3723496111_0965187abb_b.jpg

I lost heart and put it in the garage until a plan was hatched with my good mate Dan who owns DBpower.

I love 200sx s13s ive had 4 now. - I love my dolomite- Whats better - FIGHT - sorry - Lets combine the two - I love the dolomite's complete and utter ease at how cool retro it looks. I love the fact its my first car and ive owned it 10 years and counting.

I went and picked it up and drove it home its been slumming it in a council lock up on the worst estate in the area fully demobilized and looking SO sad

IMAG1103.jpg

Got it home - cleaned it and stripped alot of it out .

IMAG1302.jpg

Take one SAD stolen recovered s13

IMAG1204.jpg

And begin

IMAG1473.jpg

IMAG1474.jpg

IMAG1477.jpg

IMAG1484.jpg

IMAG1485.jpg

IMAG1487.jpg

At this point the list looked like this :

Fabricate the engine mounting points
Add some strengthening beams to the new mounts and front subframe.
Geabox Mount
Intercooler pipework
Intercooler mounts
Coolant/Heater pipes
V-Band elbow/downpipe
Exhaust
Wiring Loom
Swirl pot
Fuel hoses
Wiring
Propshaft
Gear Shift
Clutch Line
+ a few more bits I'm sure

cb-100b-spe.jpg

Rocking these instruments - Digital smiths that works off the prop bolts to work out the speed - couple of adjustments on the back and you work out a calculation bobs your uncle. so they match the cars original smiths gauges £370 quid lighter :(

Loads more work by dan and paul and it goto this point!

Then loads more work and finally an mot was ours :D

Picking it up was awesome, except for when I went over a bump in 3rd and it tried to kill me by spinning up the rears.

The looks of people as i hoon it around making CHAAATCHCHCHAA noises don't get old. just for the awesome confused look on peoples faces.

Ive done over 700 miles in it now all perfect , across different types of road. - I think its lacking spool up for a t25 so im gonna swap the ECU for a Jez one.

Next then. Well its booked into the body shop, the trim shop, custom carpet is being made, the roof is being re done. the sunroof re covered. new stereo and a fair amount of extras

Full alarm and central locking going in for instance - rs cosworth brakes to go on too ( needed) !

Frankly im just enjoying having it around again. only thing i guess it could do with is more power.... that said its pretty fast 3rd gear is alarming. but no way as alarming for the owners of the cars ive just overtaken - followed by pops and bangs and fire out of the up-swept exhaust.

Speed wise its quick enough to out drag my mates megane 265.

But then it does have the same power to weight as a e60 BMW M5 :D

The plans are to keep it looking as standard as possible from the outside :)

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

Hope you guys like it, its not everyones cup but the best thing is. It can go back to standard!

Cheers.

You're absolutely mental! Getting a serious Fast and Furious Mustang with an RB26 vibe here!

Gorgeous car dude, I bet it feels great to own your first car 10 years down the line too.

Awesome-awesome-awesome! That is the absolute dogs new potatoes. Im a long time fan of British Leyland (25 years of having Austin Maxis drummed into my ears saw to that) and a recent convert to Nissan and that is fully perfect. I want a go.

NOW.

Back