• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Corsa Blog!

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
because its in the wrong section, its crap and most people are thinking "nogaff corsa" :D

Ahh yeah it should be in other cars blogs, i thought it had already been moved, and yes i'm aware most people are probably thinking that, I do too lol.

James

Chairman
Sadly not mate, she's using the corsa to learn in though!
So long as you have a provisional you can insure a car, I know cos my brother's insured fully comp on the Almera with me as a named driver!

Wasn't even that bad a price either, especially if you've had the provisional for a few years!

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Cheers James

She was going to take over the insurance when she had passed, but i'll get her to look into that :) x

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Still got the old girl! So good on fuel compared to the Glanza and i'd rather put miles on this.

Had a few starting issues recently so decided to change the plugs. Sandra also gave it a clean and it's gone from 'sunfade pink' back to a nice red again & I didn't have to lift a finger :grinning:

corsaplugs.jpg

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Pleased to say she's passed her MOT with flying colours. New wipers, bulbs and cleaning up the oil leak got her through with no advisories, somehow! Treated it to a service as a result :laugh:

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ah it's clearly been a year since my last update as my Corsa once again has passed it's MOT with no advisories! My insurance renewal is also down to £217, thanks to confused.com

In the past year, she's lost a wheel arch trim and that's about as exciting as it gets for this old girl

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Been about a year and a half since i've posted on this thread, and I STILL have the old girl. Currently sitting at around 101000 miles. Radio still broken, parcel shelf now split in half and its probably got a few kilos worth of dog hair on the back seats but she still runs! Passed her last MOT with no advisories, but it definitely needs a new exhaust now and the brakes make a really bad scraping sound when you've left it sitting for a week or so.

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
There's something about the old girl that makes me keep it. Cheap to run, and seems to just keep going despite no maintenance, and it's probably not worth much if it was to be sold on.

Forgot to say in my other post, the handbrake did snap and was replaced but that wasn't that expensive either