My bodywork repairs

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Well the repair work has begun! Going to be cutting it fine to meet the JAE deadline but the bumper has all its markings removed (slight crack i cant do anything about), the arch is being resprayed as we speak and the alloy has been refurbished!

Before:

27.arnold_scratch.jpg

Now:

5.Rear_repair.jpg

Arch should be back on tomorrow!

Still got damage to the door and rear panel, which might cut out - but its a bit too late to do that tonight!

Cheers!!

Ive got the arch sitting in my room, the smell of lacquer and paint stinking it out! I held it up to the car earlier and looked like a great match, so hopefully when its fitted tomorrow, it wont look out of place!

It'll b fine, it's the same exact colour!!

And hopefully my k10 will look as nice soon, so be warned of competition!! :p

fraz_micra_88 said:
arnold got thos back drums painted lol i really like thos rims, what kind are they

They're fox evo or somethin, lol.

And he will be giving them to me soon!!! :p

If they'd get pained, they'd be painted black! Im not doing them bright red or anything "powahdrum" style!

And the alloys are Fox Evo 3's i think!?? Micra man has the same ones but in black! It cost £65 cash in hand to get it repaired :)

Ems said:
And he will be giving them to me soon!!! :p

No :p

Well i'l probably come out one morning to see Ems has swapped them over!! lol!!

Right, the arch piece is dry and its back on!! im quite impressed with the results.

18.arch.jpg

Looks good to me :)

I'd really like to get my alloys (2 of them) refurbished as they have been kerbed by my mum moving the car (argh), but I dread to think what the cost will be for mine :(

i got quoted £214 to get a set done :( might aswel just buy another set for the extra £££

Retepetsir said:
Looks good to me :)

I'd really like to get my alloys (2 of them) refurbished as they have been kerbed by my mum moving the car (argh), but I dread to think what the cost will be for mine :(

I was quoted £65 without them even looking at it mate so im sure it'l be the same for yours! They're based in Royal Road, at the Manor royal estate in Crawley. Just turn up and get them to have a look! Then take it from there :)

Cheers people. The drivers door needs some serious work along with the rear panel but that should be sorted before JAE :)

Ive sprayed up the interior tonight and will continue with it tomorrow!

Cheers!

Just come back from having my front exhaust mount refitted as it snapped off. No more rattles, and with the frauds oil i put in yesterday, the engine's behaving itself now too! Much more quieter. Also, i've noticed a change in the exhaust note - its alot louder than normal (which is loud enough anyway!)

Anyway, they're not bodywork related but still its all progress. I didnt have to pay to have the mount fitted either :D

Arnold said:
Cheers!

Just come back from having my front exhaust mount refitted as it snapped off. No more rattles, and with the frauds oil i put in yesterday, the engine's behaving itself now too! Much more quieter. Also, i've noticed a change in the exhaust note - its alot louder than normal (which is loud enough anyway!)

Anyway, they're not bodywork related but still its all progress. I didnt have to pay to have the mount fitted either :D

Sorry to hijack the theard.

The front exhaust mount you are talking about is that the one that is connected to the gearbox?? How much did it cost to get this fixed as mine has broke.

Cheers

Dean

Dean said:
Sorry to hijack the theard.

The front exhaust mount you are talking about is that the one that is connected to the gearbox?? How much did it cost to get this fixed as mine has broke.

Cheers

Dean

Nope. Its a different mount. This one is designed to stop the exhaust from moving and is connected near the rear engine mount. The bloke fixed it for free as the front pipe is still under warrenty

Back