• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my blog

scopez and toney you got msn just so im not spaming your thread its just im on the verge of buying a doner car went to look at it this morning and seen it running ect. just need to tie up a few loose ends before i comit to buy it

just plug my info ;) the GA16de engine runs about 102BHP, it costs very little comparativly to get a CG13de up to the same power. the GA16de convertion has a fair few issues including: completly wrong speedo, idling issues, engine grinding on the chassis and radiator points in the wrong place.

the only advantage i have found with the GA16de convertion is the extra displacement gives it more torc which is nice for higher gears but causes the wheels to spin in lower gears....

i recommend that people either go SR20de for massive power gains, or spend £700 on one of Matt Humpris gass flowed and ported heads pre fited with fast road cams.

but good luck to all who try it. maybe people could write up i guide of FAQs and problems etc....
wide arch boy, your convertion is looking good, but you WILL have an issue with the engine grinding on a hard left. best of taking more of the chassis leg out and/or getting nismo stiffer engine bushes.

wide arch boy, your convertion is looking good, but you WILL have an issue with the engine grinding on a hard left. best of taking more of the chassis leg out and/or getting nismo stiffer engine bushes.

there is plenty of room for the pulley the pictures ive taken don't show the space it has (i will get some better ones when it stops raining. as well some measurements of the clearance )

they will be going on nismo bushes soon. problem is it half micra, half primera

broony my msn is on the first page somewere

there is plenty of room for the pulley the pictures ive taken don't show the space it has (i will get some better ones when it stops raining. as well some measurements of the clearance )

they will be going on nismo bushes soon. problem is it half micra, half primera

broony my msn is on the first page somewere

i see, looks like some custom bushes may be in order ;)

on stock bushes you get about an inch of movement on an average bit of cornering. so if there is more than an inch and some totally stiff bushes fitted then its not a problem :)

GA16 is a FANTASTIC turbo conversion engine. 300bhp+ some say its better suited to a turbo than the SR20.

i read something about that aswell...im in no way clever with engines but it was something about it being a stronger block due to thicker walls?

Hey tony you got any pics of your engine arm support bar and the dimesions thatit need to be cut too please. cheers.

hey broony
pictures i have are on http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687506/1

QUICK UPDATE

full whiteline kit

2687506_41.jpg

2687506_42.jpg

and this is getting picked up next week

7fbf_2.JPG

nice.

whats the tank in place of the carbon canister ? im thinking of dumping mine also.

ive nearly finished mine also, MOT on thrusday 18th october :)

just need to re-do the front pipe to match the 2" system through the rest.

just seen the cardomain site, oil catch can.

nice job

ive just upgraded my side mounts (one engine one gearbox) to solid mounts, saves some movement side to side, altough will let the engine rock back and forward as it wishes

any closer pics of your engine, wiring, throttle body ??

the tank is a oil catch
the carbon canister has been taken compleatly out and bypassed with a 1way valve

yes the cage is sitting in my back garden
its going to have to be cut in half to get it in the car as they chopped the roof the rally car to get it out (not that it had been crashed just stolen+recovered )
it need a coat of paint but for £100 you cant complain

il get some pics

you having the cage red to go wi all the other bits and bobs??? or you going for somthing diff to make it stand out loads? i.e green, white or yellow? thought that would be cool personally :p

is that a ''home-made'' rear strut toney ??

i need one, dont care what it looks like, function over form. . . .

would a decent/suitable thickness of flat bar be suitable ?

anyone an thoughts, recommendations ??

hey peps
i totally forgot i had this blog

heres a few pics of how it stands now
2687506_50.jpg

2687506_52.jpg

2687506_53.jpg

2687506_54.jpg

gti-r brakes
2687506_55.jpg

s/s manifold
2687506_56.jpg

needs black headlights...i loved the look of your old black facelift when it had them on! few questions tho lol

what exhaust do you have and what make is it?

where did the front panel come form? above the rad?

when are you fitting the cage?

what bhp is it running? or havent you dynoed it yet?

oh will you be getting some side skirts?

lol sorry about the qustions :p

needs black headlights.. i dot think they look that good on pre-faces

what exhaust do you have and what make is it? powerflow system / cant remember name of headers i got them shiped from us

where did the front panel come form? made buy myself (before nis had his)

when are you fitting the cage? been putting it off (means taking seats etc.. out)

what bhp is it running? or havent you dynoed it yet? not dyno`d yet

oh will you be getting some side skirts? no plans to

also ive got a paddle clutch to go in when the old one dies

long time no update so here are some pics

well the car has had :

new fount wheel bearings
new rear wheel bearings
new clutch
new cv`s
new nismo engine mounts
new track rod ends
new fount springs (-50mm) thanks matt
new rear springs same as fount
new spax adjustable rear shocks
also ive done the rear disk conversion using my original rear axle
new braided fuel lines
mainifold also been heat raped
whiteline rear drop links

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 470
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 332
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 418
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 409
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 405
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 362
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 415
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 446
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 401
yer that will be coming off it was one of kristians witch was foam filled
just looking for a march boot now

Hi Toney,

I have a bootlid if you want one, vgood condition. you can have it cheap as if you want it... send me a txt as ive lost your number...

Dave

ps car is looking great btw

update:

battery has now been moved to behind the passenger seat with kill switch up front to stop it running down the battery
got some new wheels websports 5.5 kg
and dont forget to do your bonnet pins up

Attachments

• DSCF3046.JPG
    DSCF3046.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 333
  • DSCF3049.JPG
    DSCF3049.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 370
  • DSCF3050.JPG
    DSCF3050.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 322
  • DSCF3020.JPG
    DSCF3020.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 317
looking good mate need to get it in the rolling road see what she is kicking out wouldnt mind doing something like this for mine but im happy atm with her

Nice blog here Toney, been thinking about moving my battery to the boot, is it an easy job to trail cables from the outside of the micra to the inside? Shame about forgetting to put the bonnet pins back on, must of scared you. Definately a blog to steal ideas off, for example the radiator move.

How effective is the oiler cooler mounted where it is in the photos on the 1.6 thread?

Craig

the oil dont get that hot anyway but i do run it with the bonnet lifted and no grill so theres cold air running across the top of the cooler and the fans help a bit

Back