• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My 2005 K12 1.2 Micra ~ by minunel ~

Hi all,

Newborn here with a micra on his hands :lol:

I see so many blogs and I was thinking I should start one to keep track of my little tuneups doing to my little micra.

I had a k11 micra that the company I work for gave me for driving from home to the office but somewhere in April this year started to make strange noises when taking hard left or right. A mechanic said it`s the driveshafts and it`ll cost me around £200.00 to change them.

Took another month and bought a 2005 k12 Micra 1.2 from an auction site.

Bought it in May but started driving it from June because of all paperworks that I needed.

Now I am trying to tune it up bit by bit (with my little pocket funds) till it gets where it needs to :) .

A lot of inspiration came from this forum`s users that I would like to thank. THANK YOU ALL.

OP
OP
minunel
Hi micra fans ,

At last some spare time to put some photos.

So few photos from my micra`s early days are below

First few things I did on it:
- repaired and sprayed back bumper
- repaired air flow button from the car board - as it was broken
- replaced radio with a SONY XPLOD
- managed to buy some 15 inch alloys
- tinted lights
- added black stripes on the sides

My to do list:
- new shelf rack
- lowering springs :)
- tint back windows
- change door handles to matching color ones
- some shiny exhaust
- induction kit - i`m thinking at KN
- changing the gear knob
- tunning up the pedals :)
- painting black both badges and the micra sign
- painting mirror covers to matching color

And I bet you guys can give me few more tips I can add on my to do list :)

Here is a pic of my car as it is now . Hope you like it:

OP
OP
minunel
Sorry , had to go to work last night :mad:

Jen, thanks for stopping by my thread :) . I managed to edit the post so the pictures will show.

Below some of my newbie jobs :

Tinted headlights/indicators and tail lights. Headlights I only tinted them as in picture below as afraid of police or MOT failure.

sam0751g.jpg

Next - I sprayed the back car legs (don`t know how you call it as I`m a n00b when it comes to mechanics and cars) :rolleyes: THIS IS AN UNFINISHED PROJECT. I`ve actually started it yesterday and planning to finish it tonight after work :D

20120913175614.jpg

20120913182447.jpg

Changed door handles to matching color ones - it looks smart now :D

20120911171901.jpg

sam0756g.jpg

Few picture with the car - not that good though sorry :
20120902134519.jpg

sam0752z.jpg

sam0750b.jpg

My to do list:
- new shelf rack
- tint back windows
- change door handles to matching color ones - DONE
- some shiny exhaust
- induction kit - i`m thinking at KN
- changing the gear knob
- wind deflectors - I like riding with my windows down (i know it burns fuel :so what:)

Let me know what you think my fellow micra supporters :X

Looks nice so far... good job
I think that your headlights would look better if you simply change them for the Black version though
...instead of the chrome ones you have... gives it an instant "sporty" look ;)

you can pick a pair up on ebay relatively cheap or if you have a breaker/scrap yard near you :p

EG: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MI...ts_SM&hash=item2320e23d7c&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_923

although...that is only one *facepalm*

but as i said...looks good so far anyway ^_^

OP
OP
minunel
Thank you Jen, I actually have that under my watch list in ebay :) but can`t buy it yet (low on funds) .

I`ll stick with the little things for now till get my finance back together (paid rent last week :D)

Today I`ll finish painting the interior car leg from the back and if the wind protectors in the post I`ll probably fit them as well.

OP
OP
minunel
Small update - finished painting both legs.

Received rear windows tint films which I`ll try and fit them tonight after work.

Also , the 2 wind deflectors have been delivered today and I`ll have a look at them as well tonight.

I`ll come back with some pics for y`all to see. :)

Thank for visiting.

OP
OP
minunel
Hi bought them from Ebay, but I think it`s okay just painting the black ones - I`m sorry now that I didn`t think of that before :)

But I`ll do the mirror covers soon.

OP
OP
minunel
Small update,

Fitted these yesterday and they are much brighter and a whiter color. I really like them :)
20120925_171424.jpg

Ordered new parcel shelf and a KN panel air filter. They should be delivered today or tomorrow.

OP
OP
minunel
Hi all,

Finally received the parcel shelf :) and the KN panel filter.

20120926_095447.jpg

20120926_095453.jpg

Fitted them both yesterday. yeeey !

My to do list:
- new parcel shelf rack
- tint back windows
- change door handles to matching color ones
- some shiny exhaust
- induction kit - i`m thinking at KN - fitted filter panel instead
- changing the gear knob
- wind deflectors - I like riding with my windows down (i know it burns fuel :so what:)

Also bought this from China. Quality might not be as good as the original ones but i`ll give it a try.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160638649674?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Tinting windows project failed last Sunday because the Ebay seller sent me wrong size tinted filmes to fit. I should have new replaced ones next week.

OP
OP
minunel
Hey everyone , I`m back !

Happy new year :lol:

Got new plans for my little precious :
- change alloys
- full tint :D (got a quote of £80.00) - I failed tinting them myself lol
- change front bumper grilles and possibly buy a newer bumper from a sport micra.

Quick update: won these off ebay just now :D - too bad there are just 2 of them but I`m not in a rush.

$%28KGrHqN,!okFDyvePVGIBRHqTQb,S!~~60_12.JPG

Need some advice with some future aesthetics :

1. Will these fit my k12 and do I have to buy indicators separately?
$%28KGrHqF,!o0FBfrucwYtBQgcvWELKQ~~60_12.JPG

2. will this spoiler look good if fitted properly by one of my professional friends ? :D

$%28KGrHqV,!ikFBIYpquTFBQ,83gfjfg~~60_12.JPG

Thanks,
Minu

Nice to see you again Minu :p

Congrats on winning those wheels....and good luck finding another 2 ;)

the grill will fit your K12 but the indicators are slightly different...if not included with the grills you'll probably have to get some from a scrappy...in which case you';re better off getting the whole nit from a scrappy :oops:

...Looking at that spoiler...it looks to me like an SX spoiler so yes...it'll look great ;)

glad you're making nice steady progress ^_^

Just a note...although it may not be cheaper...instead of tinting my back windows I have genuine nissan sunblinds/shades....they look tinted...but you can take them off and re-fit them whenever you want
here's some http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Mi...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460226deed ...mine were new (old stock) and only cost me £15...so keep an eye out if you're interested in this idea ;)