Music via bluetooth on non-satnav headunits

We've got a K12 with bluetooth and no satnav option. The phone connects and works great, is there an option to get music over bluetooth?
The aux has no options, I presume only for the aux socket in front of the gearstick.

I've just read my manual, and there is no mention of AUX via Bluetooth for your head unit. It only mentioned it for the Connect 1 sat nav based unit.

Probably best to wait until someone with the same head unit can confirm that though, as I don't have your head unit... just going off what the manual says.

Just to confirm... is this yours?
WrF9sAN.jpg

There is already a thread on this, but no one ever replied to it.

Like I said, I don't have that head unit, so may be wrong, but it's odd that it doesn't mention it in the manual for this head unit, but does for the Connect 1 unit.

I know for a fact others who regularly post in here have your head unit, so maybe they can confirm.

OP
OP
V
Problem solved! Small upgrade to the headunit:

Added a GPS antenna I had here and stuffed in between the padding up at the front of the dash, steering controls just work. Need to get a USB cable for it as there was none on the old one.
Haven't had time to check the mic yet, there's two connectors from the old one not used, I'm guessing they must have had some use....

That's better :)

Now you have that, you don't even need to bother with music over bluetooth... just plug in a big USB stick and you can have all the music you want.

A heads up... if the USB stick appears not to work, or only works when unplugging, or plugging back in again, try a different stick. There's a 500mA power limit for the USB socket and some sticks can go over that.

Also, format the stick in FAT32. As FAT32 has a 32GB limit in Windows, you may need to format larger USB sticks with GUIFormat from this link.....

Good luck.

OP
OP
V
Just for info as it is an easy upgrade. Both units:

connect upgrade 1.jpg

connect upgrade 2.jpg

Back of old unit:

connect upgrade 3.jpg

connect upgrade 4.jpg

connect upgrade 5.jpg

Back of new unit:

connect upgrade 6.jpg

connect upgrade 7.jpg

The grey square-ish plug on the new connect unit seems to be the usb and aux in as you can buy these cables form ebay.

The main big cable is a straight plug in, and it leaves these two connectors unused in the car:

connect upgrade 8.jpg

This is "probably" another nissan model sat nav which probably has the gps antena on the roof. My gps antenna has a different socket. The grey socket is the usb cable.
One of those 2 left it is the docking station i guess.

Sent from my W_C800 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
V
I've not had time to try the mic yet, but I cant see what the other connector would be for out of the two spare, one mic and one aux in? seems too many wires for that.

All the connect1 units I saw on ebay had the blue satnav connector.

It s strange because i work on a junk yard with thousand of cars monthly and what i know for sure that this type of blue socket it's used at the cars with roof antena. Maybe i am wrong but it doesn't matter anyway since it's working ok.

Sent from my W_C800 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
V
According to the diagrams you sent, it is definitely the GPS, and it is an RF connector (SMB type).

Anyway, pins 34 to 36 of the second big white connector in the new one is the mic, which goes to the bigger of the two connectors left over. The smaller one is the aux in, which is the grey one on the new and also the USB.

The second big connector of the new one also has a camera input!

OP
OP
V
The EQ lines seem to be selectors for different car types, Micra, Juke, Qashqai etc.

Does anyone know what they should be set to for the Micra?

View attachment 65110

Added a GPS antenna I had here and stuffed in between the padding up at the front of the dash, steering controls just work. Need to get a USB cable for it as there was none on the old one.
Haven't had time to check the mic yet, there's two connectors from the old one not used, I'm guessing they must have had some use....
Is this a newer Sat Nav unit installed in a 2006 micra by any chance?

Hello. I just read this post and I am embarking on changing the original radio of my Micra Visia 1.2 and with a 2din frame put that connect 1 radio. I have seen that I have to change and put in cable adapters but let's see how it works. Thanks for the idea.