MPG issue!

After reading this thread > http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/mpg.54670/#post-565054
i have decided that there is something wrong with my k11! i get only 28MPG driving very sensibly. Il admit that it is an automatic transmission but that cant be the reason im getting 2/3 of what others are getting. I have young driver insurance which means there is a tracker in the car and at the moment im rated as a 5/5 for acceleration and braking aswell as speed...
Any ideas what the issue could be? Its a 2001 facelift 1.0 S.
Im NOT using sport mode.
My tyres are at 36PSI?..
I have a dashboard camera running off 12v Ignition
STOCK steelies

Thats all the info i can think of, anyone got an idea whats up? Anything i can clean under the bonnet ie: Air filter etc??

thanks

After reading this thread > http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/mpg.54670/#post-565054
i have decided that there is something wrong with my k11! i get only 28MPG driving very sensibly. Il admit that it is an automatic transmission but that cant be the reason im getting 2/3 of what others are getting. I have young driver insurance which means there is a tracker in the car and at the moment im rated as a 5/5 for acceleration and braking aswell as speed...
Any ideas what the issue could be? Its a 2001 facelift 1.0 S.
Im NOT using sport mode.
My tyres are at 36PSI?..
I have a dashboard camera running off 12v Ignition
STOCK steelies

Thats all the info i can think of, anyone got an idea whats up? Anything i can clean under the bonnet ie: Air filter etc??

thanks
When was it last serviced?

Black box insurance? I do apologise, but I laughed my arse off.

extra info,
i dont use the heater unless its neccessary
The car is standard
I drive in a town, there are cars but hardly ever any congestion.
Dont drive on the motorway much

Something is drinking my fuel

i thought CVT was different to an ordinary automatic transmission? im so confused haha, but anyway, i still think its abit low? 27.6?

Is there nothing like the air filter which could be causing the issue? if ofcourse there is an issue :)

I was gonna get one, then realised i couldnt even fart or it would say i was abit vigours with the steering wheel and the price would go up!!!
Imo they're not there at all to help or protect drivers, only to earn the insurance companies more money.

Back