MPG for our K12s!

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
I don't think this has been properly covered before but since the petrol prices have gone down substantially, my k12 1400cc has been really cheap to run and returning some amazing MPG despite of the age of my car (2003).

What's your MPG like? fwn

The last time i filled up after the fuel light came on cost me roughly £31 to do a touch over 300 miles. I mostly drive on city and M-way everyday and I'm definitely not light on the pedals yet it still returns such figures is astonishing.

Whenever I have thoughts about changing to a faster car, this fuel saving element of my k12 springs to mind. It's so economical i think i will never sell it! :love:

after putting £30 into the 160sr and reseting the trip comps i got about 280miles and averaged 43.8 miles on the trip comp. I love it....it could easily be kept above 50 but i can't help pushing the loud pedal :)

1.5dci, went over to France taking it easy 69mpg average. On the motorway over here 80 on the speedo get's me 53mpg. That'll do Pig. That'll do.

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
oh wow so it's not just me then.

I am somewhat surprised with your 160SR though Rimski1688, that's a little mean machine you have there, achieving your kind of MPG is very good!

el Segundo

Ex. Club Member
I get up to 350 for £30. Everything's relative, but I have to say I think the K12 is really nippy; yes, fast! and that's just my standard 1.2!

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
I get up to 350 for £30. Everything's relative, but I have to say I think the K12 is really nippy; yes, fast! and that's just my standard 1.2!

Yes i think the power is just enough. I wouldnt mind something a little faster to scare off those little boy racers though :blush: but money spent at the pumps will be greatly increased. :doh:

yeah i was pleasently surprised with the MPG of the 160 actually. Returns far better MPG than my old 1.6 rover.

Have had the MPG on the trip reading 60mpg plus on straight quiet roads with little stoping and wuick low down gear changes haha...but thats just boring

not sure...feels faster than my old rover which was under 10secs but im hoping to get it properly tested in the summer at Santa Pod if i can find a day trip.

my foot must be heavier than i thought! i'm only getting 36mpg from my 160sr, thats a mix of round town and motorway. i have got about 48 just on the motorway, only once though

yeah same for my 160, b/ween 35-42 mpg in and around town.
42 to 50 mpg on m/way cruise.
'spirited driving' can see it drop to 23mpg though...

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
i can never trust my trip computer as it's always inaccurate and over-estimate my mpg and how much fuel i have left.

during the summer times when i had the air con on constantly on every trip, my k12 still managed roughly about the same in mpg. that really puzzles me.

RickBlackK12

Ex. Club Member
Hi Adam

I deliberately let the fuel run out a couple of years ago and found the range is pessimistic.

I got 65 miles after it said refuel now!

Had a gallon in a fuel can as never been happy that it's always 6 litres less from empty to brimmed than the published tank capacity!

Agree on MPG readout, i would say it's about 10% optimistic for me
but if the actual fuel level was accurate it might be much closer for the MPG.

Regards
Rick

My micra c+c auto trip computer says 31.6mpg at the moment

did go up 32.3 once on a run. Never did a full tank yet as i allways keep it
pretty much full

Goes very well for a 1.6 auto

32MPG thats #### lol

well if anyone watched the top gear with the diesel car challenge to the Blackpool Illuminations it showed that all the cars read 0miles in the tank and were still going...did about another 50+ miles and then when they actually drained the tanks there was another 100miles left in the tank so i dont pay much attention to the fuel in the tank but i thought the MPG would be more accurate than that. I dont understand why you lot are getting poor MPG from the 160sr unless ya all cruising about at 3k :S

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
It's probably down to people's driving styles. Which somehow do not apply to my car as i can drive it as hard as i like with the air con on, it will still return the same mpg as when i drive like my nan.

did you also watch the TG episode where an M3 raced a prius? It's astonishing to find the M3 was more frugal at that speed or any speed!

I've got my 160SR on 46MPG, it has been sat on 45.7 for ages and now its ticked over I daren't hoon it around incase it drops

I really only do motorways though so once I'm in noisy 5th I'm happily bouncing down the road shouting into the #### handsfree kit

That M3 was more frugal as it only had a (thrashed around the circuit) prius to keep up with.........I bet the M3 was bearly ticking over following

Gaz

Wow some impressive mPG readings. My Cube only gets between 220 and 250 per 30 quid, which is bout 32 - 35 mpg. but it is an auto and i drive slightly quicker than i should. :laugh:

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
i used to get 28 but was definatly my driving style, since ive been driving the gas forklifts at work ive learned how to get up to 49mpg out of my 1.0 lol just not allowed to go over 60mph and have to pick up speed real slow change gear at the first instance like2000- 2500 revs lol!!!i always used to drop a gear on hills for a laff and pass the traffic a19 southbound that killed my mpg !now average about 36-42mpg depending on round town or on a19 lol they will always be better because of the different way in which they work :D well not that different but it will always depend on your driving style

i joined that 'hyper milers ' to get some hints and tips and went from 320-330miles per tank to 503 miles out of my last tank!!!!

thats a '57' plate 1.2 and the most boring drive ive ever had!!!!

a bit more 'spirited driving and i get bout 300-330 miles per tank!!!

tony

Never reset my trip computer, done 35k and average 40.3 at the moment, I remember it used to be 42mpg at low mileage. Have custom exhaust,and i like the 3rd gear at 3000 rpm, sounds fierce