MOT Test soon

M

m1ck97

So I have my MOT due in just over 1.5 months. I have a feeling its going to fail I know my throttle body is on its way out but it doesnt really show many signs, and the exhaust is making a weird noise (a bracket is loose I think), I also have a light out which is easy to fix, are these likely to be checked? What are Micras worst for failing on?? I just really hope its not expensive if it fails.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Gd luck mate. My car failed on Wednesday.

Make sure you do change the bulbs!!!!!!

I failed on:
Sidelight Bulb
Number Plate Bulb
Out of line headlights (1 high, 1 low)
Rear Brake Valve
Loose Shocks

OP
OP
M

m1ck97

Will change the bulbs before it goes in, however my one of my side lights (the left one) occasionally doesnt work, i've heard it before but cant find out how to fix the problem.

OP
OP
M

m1ck97

aparently my one of my CV joints is going or something, which is why it would make that noise going round corners. Any ideas how much this would be to fix?

and how many side lights are there on each side of the car? Because the side lights work when the ignition and engine is on, but doesnt when the ignition is off. When the ignition is on, the right front side light is brighter than the left, looks like there are 2 bulbs, and maybe one has gone. Is this accurate? or any idea why this would happen?

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
m1ck97 said:
aparently my one of my CV joints is going or something, which is why it would make that noise going round corners. Any ideas how much this would be to fix?

and how many side lights are there on each side of the car? Because the side lights work when the ignition and engine is on, but doesnt when the ignition is off. When the ignition is on, the right front side light is brighter than the left, looks like there are 2 bulbs, and maybe one has gone. Is this accurate? or any idea why this would happen?

Mine was like that - it's actually the headlight that comes on a lower power when the ignition is on!!!

m1ck97 said:

A CV joint kit is about £20 on ebay. It cost me about £15 in labour to get it changed, but that was mates rates. If it was only the boot that needs doing, they are only a couple of quid.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
rallybunny said:
A CV joint kit is about £20 on ebay. It cost me about £15 in labour to get it changed, but that was mates rates. If it was only the boot that needs doing, they are only a couple of quid.

If you're changing the boot you might as well change the whole joint!!! As the CV joints are rubbish!!! As it's off might as well be changed!!!