MOT....Pass!!!

B

Ben

whoohoo, my car passed MOT this morning. Going to pick it up in a bit, only thing that needed doing were the shocks but i had em upgraded to KYB just before the MOT at the same garage so im happy.

The bloke said that i have a lsight rust one of the sills which will need taken care of and something about a rear brake cylinder which i will need sorted, other than that i am roadworthy for one more year...oh yeah he also had a niggle coz i put the bolts on the wheels the wrong way round :blush:

I had to nip down to motor world at 8:30 this morning to get some red reflectors for the clear lenses coz the tint wouldnt come off the old ones even with nail varnish remover. Stuck em on the boot but will be coming off when i get her home. Anyways, im exstatic

it's a special feeling when your car passes its MOT :)

sounds like the tinting stuff is quite a bitch

Good lad - i've got mine to worry about in March. Not gonna pass cause i can't get the airbag light off.

titch
for god sake im sick of u going on about that
simply take the dials out and dump a piece of plasticine in the hole from the front u cant turn the light of but this stops the lioght from shining through, solving the problem

do i have to help everyone :p lol

G_Man said:
im jealous :(

haha sorry mate, didnt mean to rub salt in the wounds. I was looking at sill before n some water has got in and started to bubble the paint slightly. Oh yeah, KYB's are amazing, worth the money, when the bloke got the shocks off he said all 4 were totally shagged, must have been the extra stress of 16"s + speed bumps + -35mm drop + me at wheel.

Car seems to be sitting a little higher than usual but may just take time to settle but deffo worth it, would reccomend em

quickdraw said:
titch
for god sake im sick of u going on about that
- Chill lad!

You can't just take the bulb out either, is all conceled in the dash, where you cant get to. Will have a better look at it tomorow.

see told ya :p

lol
i ment that everytime u talk about it i mean to tell u what to do but rather keep forgetting or too busy else wise.lol

and it been going oin for ages without resolve so was giving u thr resolve to solve your problem :D

Attachments

• white wheels.jpg
    white wheels.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 285
can i just point out that this point - everyone is raving about KYB shocks saying they've upgraded to them. How can you? The KYB 'Premier' chock absorder is just a nissan OEM shock. Nissan shocks are KYB's, look on them, its stamped on!!

the kyb GR-2 are gas shock so will be a bit better than nissan standard shocks. i dont know if they are stiffer though. i dont know which ones you guys have fitted either.

RE: RE: MOT....Pass!!!

Big_ben said:
G_Man said:
im jealous :(
Oh yeah, KYB's are amazing, worth the money, when the bloke got the shocks off he said all 4 were totally shagged, must have been the extra stress of 16"s + speed bumps + -35mm drop + me at wheel.

Excellent news - cant wait to get mine on now :upside:

Glad you passed your MOT:)

Edit: They are the KYB Excel-G gas shocks, also better suited to cars that have been lowered :)

Standard shocks are oil arnt they?

standard are oil only i think. i believe that gas shocks still gave oil in them but gas above it to make it better. but i cant really remember now.

RE: RE: MOT....Pass!!!

Titch58 said:
Good lad - i've got mine to worry about in March. Not gonna pass cause i can't get the airbag light off.

is there no way that you can splice into the wiring and put some sort of fuse/loop combination in that will trick the light?

if not then id use a thin piece off metal, a square cut from a can or something similar

Dave

or you could fit an aftermarket steering wheel that is oviously without airbag. id ont see how they could fail it then. as there is no fault with airbag as there isnt one.

yeah, mine r the excel-g ones, n are gas - n i am telling you Slim that the handling and ride quality are far improved and i tihnk i should know coz i got em on n thanks everyone

Beachboy said:
or you could fit an aftermarket steering wheel that is oviously without airbag. id ont see how they could fail it then. as there is no fault with airbag as there isnt one.

They'd fail it cause the light is on. Anyway, i've got it sorted now, i peeled back the dash, and shoved a bit of blu-tack down it, so it won't shine though now!

Back