MOT is due: What should I pre check? Are any of these issues a fail? (pictured)

So the first known issue is that a bearing has gone on the gearbox meaning it makes a bit of a noise most of the time however it's nothing really offensive. It hasn't gotten any worse in the 5k miles that I've driven it, it does't hinder performance.

The second is rust, on it's last MOT it got a minor for rusty sills. I have attached pictures of random shots under my car. (I believe the crossmember thing is okay)
I'm thinking about getting the small hole in my drivers footwell fixed because it gathers water when it rains really badly, also can I get the sill fixed but only where the jack point is? for oil changes etc.
I'm not wanting to fix any of this anymore than I have to as I only want another 12 months out of it.
IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0346.jpg IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0344.jpg

A few weeks ago when it was wet i thought there was an occasional slight squeak coming form my passenger footwell when on a bad road surface. I haven't noticed it since so unsure if it's damaged suspension or something.
Only other issue I have is that it displays my milage wrong on the display. I got a new one the other week and has 58.5K miles on it, the new one was 22.5k miles. Do I need to let the garage know?

Thanks for your time I really appreciate it.

Can't see anything in your pictures that's going to fail an mot ...pretty good nick I would say.
No ...you don't have to tell the garage about the mileage, only the punter you sell it too when you move on.:)

Sometimes garages might query a change in milage if it's a massive amount, I only found that out due to a car I built, I change the dash to match the safety features and electrics (literally reshelled a car which was on 150k, the new engine etc had only cover 90k so was a huge difference in milage) but they can't fail it on that only time milage could cause an issue is if you were to sell it and the potential buyer does checks.

I'd agree the pics look tidy, one other place I'd look at is brake lines, when mine went for mot the first thing he did before anything was check the lines then lowered it back down to do all the ground checks before lifting it again, I questioned it as I thought it was weird how he didn't do everything the first time it was in the air, his reply was that the brake lines are a common problem and usually every fail he got in was down to the lines

Sometimes garages might query a change in milage if it's a massive amount, I only found that out due to a car I built, I change the dash to match the safety features and electrics (literally reshelled a car which was on 150k, the new engine etc had only cover 90k so was a huge difference in milage) but they can't fail it on that only time milage could cause an issue is if you were to sell it and the potential buyer does checks.

I'd agree the pics look tidy, one other place I'd look at is brake lines, when mine went for mot the first thing he did before anything was check the lines then lowered it back down to do all the ground checks before lifting it again, I questioned it as I thought it was weird how he didn't do everything the first time it was in the air, his reply was that the brake lines are a common problem and usually every fail he got in was down to the lines
Change your garage buddy ...he's talking a load of nonsense.

Change your garage buddy ...he's talking a load of nonsense.
Mine passed after some welding on the sills anyway but still finding the decent garages in our area, knew all the decent ones in my hometown but after moving, it's difficult to find one that don't plan to rip you off

Safety checks don't usually include engine or gearbox. Pretty much everything else does though. Your cars engine can rattle like castanets without there being a fail. Rust is only a fail if it has broken out on a structural part of the car. It may pay to retain the original speedo, note the mileage recorder on the replacement unit from when it was installed. This would assist you when selling the car if the subject of verifying the mileage comes up with a prospective buyer.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Safety checks don't usually include engine or gearbox. Pretty much everything else does though. Your cars engine can rattle like castanets without there being a fail. Rust is only a fail if it has broken out on a structural part of the car. It may pay to retain the original speedo, note the mileage recorder on the replacement unit from when it was installed. This would assist you when selling the car if the subject of verifying the mileage comes up with a prospective buyer.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Micra Sports Club mobile app
I believe you have to inform the buyer of any change to the mileage in law.

That sounds sick, nice job!

That sounds sick, nice job!
It was more a way of saving a car along with getting my son involved who is autistic so very difficult to get him into things but we decided to deshell a 1.1 saxo with blown head gasket ,,(estimate cost to fix was £400). Instead we went out and got a 1.6 vts saxo with a dying shell and decided to move everything over, nice and fun haha

I paid £30 for my micra. Mind you, it needed £350 worth of welding on one inner and outer sill. Also seat belt mounting points.
It was close. I nearly scrapped it. God knows why I didn't??

I paid £30 for my micra. Mind you, it needed £350 worth of welding on one inner and outer sill. Also seat belt mounting points.
It was close. I nearly scrapped it. God knows why I didn't??
£350 on welding :eek: I could get a car built for that here.

Somebody has keyed it. It was keyed before I bought it, the previous owner lived on a large estate, miles from me.

I managed to get the worst out when I first got it, but some lowlife scumbag has done it again! What attracts these morons?? I'm reluctant to buy wheels as it's easily stollen.

:(