Most common K12 front bushing failure?

Thanks for reading. I'll start by saying I'm very experienced working on suspensions. I'm also "lazy" and would like some advice on where to start looking, from someone familiar with experience, so I don't waste any more time than absolutely necessary. I bought this 2004 Micra 3-door as a "beater/commuter", and have been doing several aesthetic upgrades to get it looking decent.

Anyway....going over bumps.... knocking sound. It "sounds" like someone left the strut tops un-tightened... but that isn't it.

I recently installed 30mm drop springs, as well as 17" wheels and low profile tires. It is likely that the dramatic increase in harshness amplified a problem that was already there. But "something" is knocking around, and it's only since I did the suspension.... or at least it's only "noticeable" since I did the suspension.

Everything is tight.... trust me.
steering has no impact on the noise
It's not an exhaust shield on a CV joint
Braking has no impact on the noise
I can't duplicate the noise while the car is stopped.

The car rides and tracks great... it's just really noisy going over bumps.

The only thing that impacts it, are rough roads, and speed bumps, etc. The noise is "central" and doesn't appear to be favoring one side.

My first "thought" are the swaybar bushings.... but I'm hoping someone that has been through this can chime in and suggest something else to look at first perhaps? Or... perhaps I am right on target, and I should go ahead and order a new set?

Thanks in advance!!

My money would be on arb bushes if it really does sound central because they are both located quite close together on top of the subframe.... not too bad for access unless you have fat hands like me

Go mad with a pry bar on everything at every angle and see what happens...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back