More Micra owners / members to sell via the forum

Because then those on the forum can sell to the forum?
The fb group isn't officially associated to the forum, so they say, so no rules can be applied to say they can't

Yes I know this but , if I want tips , or questions answered , or looking for parts , there is more out there on FB and it's free no subscription .
I just think a owners club / forum is being diluted .
It's not the same anymore which is a shame .
Don't get me wrong there is all of the above here on the forum but most is on FB .

Quality is more present in the works and discussion on one format and less so on another. That's just how it is. I am on the fb page. Am I offending myself as well now?

A lot more peolpe on the FB page therefore quality of work is going to be diluted, doesnt mean there isnt some very smart people though

Usually gauranteed replies on FB though where as the forum can be pretty slow sometimes

Or pick an argument out of thin air?
It's people that make the existence of groups and forums so yes you'll be relating to people

Well thanks for the replies , I don't want to cause any rifts between anyone .
And yes you are correct in saying there are a lot of good Micra folk out there both in the forum and FB .
I would just say that if I was looking for something for my car I

Sorry I hit the post icon before finishing !
If I was looking for a part for my car I would create a tread on FB first as the response is much much quicker .

I needed a light for my car that I could have got off FB but I chose to deal with a forum member
(R reg sr) and it was sorted !
This is what I became a member for .

I do believe that some sites do cross post from, say, a forum, to Facebook and I suspect with the intention of directing traffic back to the forum - which may, like the MSC, have some paid for options, so just getting extra traffic may well increase the income, and why not...
Personally, as someone who has worked in IT for a good number of years, I do have problems with FB, their business model and a few other things; after all with all the valuable data they are getting from their members I don't see why they shouldn't pay you to post on FB !
On balance I do find that more-or-less single subject sites like the MSC are the most useful (have more useful posts, less spam etc.) and I do tend to use them a lot so I certainly hope that they do/will survive...

Back