• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Monty The Micra ^_^

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Right well, I have my phone cable finally, so I suppose its about time I put some photos on of my micra ^_^

Micras have been the only cars I have ever driven // owed since I passed my test. Ive had a 93 plate grey 5dr k11 1.0 16v, that got scrapped in October as it was deffinately beyond repair, having more rust than paint and about 138//139k on the clock, so we traded it in for an Aygo for my dad, and I got another K11

The k11 I drive is a 1ltr 16v inspiration in Yellow, I was originally completely against yellow on my car, but when I went to look at it, I decided it looked awsome =] This is the car I've had since October.

When I bought the car it has 39k on the clock, a full service history and one old lady owner, who had crashed once (after looking at the bumper). The cars only drawback is that the front bumper has discolored, (poor spray im assuming) and is probably near the top of my to-do list =p

I have so far been pretty rubbish in doing this as im a student and never have any money lol.

I have done the following things though...

Sony GT Headunit
5" (I think thats the right size...) Speakers on parcel shelf
NIssan 13" Alloys
Xeon Headlight Bulbs
Red Brake Calliper Paint ((not done yet, but ive bought the paint so the intensions there)
Anew gear knob, but i havent managed to get the old one off yet.

Soonish To-Do List

Paint the Callipers
Attempt to put the gear knob on
Re-appulster the doors
Spray various parts of the dash board
Super S Clocks and various other stuff from a scrap yard

560147fcef7f83d97.jpg

560147fcecadafc9a.jpg

560147fcecae1fbe1.jpg

560147fcef7f00018.jpg

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Looks great!

Colourcoding would look awesome, small bits like the handles and grills for the outside, along with your interior bits :)

OP
OP
1ucy

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Yeh I went to Halfrauds the other day to get some paint for my wing mirrors, but the paint mixer wasnt working, so I'll track some down in the next couple of weeks hopefully =]

OP
OP
1ucy

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Right, just bought some door cards off eBay for £5.01! =]

560148189a6fef437.jpg

So, i'll be buying some speakers and fitting them after my exams in a couple of weeks

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
hmm yellow and red theme?

wheres the electric window switch on a facelift micra then?

i have to wind mine up and down:down:

OP
OP
1ucy

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
hmm, yeh they might not be staying that colour, it was just so cheep, I couldnt help but buy them lol, and red and yellow is do-able for the time being

I have winders as well =[ need to cut it all in,shouldnt take too long =]

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
ahh right cool. you gonna try and get some of those chrome ones or just use the ones you have? (if you dont lose the clips that is lol)

also you thought about spraying your door handle and release catch? think it would look better than the standard grey

as much as i love micra's i hate their interiors lol

OP
OP
1ucy

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Im planning on stock piling some spray paint from halfords soon, still havent decided which bits to colour but a fair bit of the interior is being sprayed to make it look nicer, after the door cards have been done i'll work on de-tropicaling the rest of it=]

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
yeah not a bad idea really. im probably going to visit a scrappy when i get the money and get aload of interior trim to spray and replace mine with because looking at the instructions it'll take a few days to get it sprayed (spray a coat wait a day etc)

so you got any major mods planned or just things like spray that you have in your list above?

OP
OP
1ucy

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
New front speakers, lots of plastic spraying, seen some wingmirrors with indicators and sidelights on them that have the right base plate on, so they might be making an apperance on the car =] hopefully i'll know by tomorro.

Also considering new front bumper, as its faded, so thought if im getting it resprayed might as well get something different =] and id love to get it lowered too but i'll have to see funds permitting =]

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
ive always liked the insperation orange interior for some reason...looks better than my green interior :p plus the insperation was the only model that came with orange interior where as the green interior was on most models :p

OP
OP
1ucy

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
hmm, but after a while u get fed up of looking at illuminous orange =p green is easy on the eyes! =p