Modifying Super S Fog/Driving Light Pods?

Hi guys, I'm planning on doing a mod to my Driving lights.

Basically I had an electrical problem (we think caused by the illumination wire in the dash shorting from the stereo - as I forgot to cut it upon installation), which has caused the driving/fog lamps to stay on whenever the lights are on.

I've tried removing all the relays and fuses I can find that relate to this circuit and even tried changing the stalk, but to no avail.

As a last ditch attempt I'm wondering what colour wire it is that I should have cut (can't tell now because it's too burnt) and where it runs to (back of the dash pod maybe?) and if there would be any other side effects to cutting it further up the loom (if I can find it).

Failing that I'm planning on taking the lense off, painting the inside black, and replacing the standard bulb with an arc of audi style daytime running lights.

Can anyone tell me more about the illumination wire - or failing that, how to get the lense off the lights?

OP
OP
slimothy
nope :-(

I seem to remember reading that it's a blue and red wire for illumination - but I don't know if it can be traced back to the clocks, or what the side effects of cutting it further up the loom might be...

Toying with the idea of just meshing the holes and flinging the lights on ebay to be honest - it's becoming more hassle than it's worth :p

OP
OP
slimothy
Not had a look at it yet mate, trying to get my wheels painted up before weekend, but will definately look into it next week and report back my findings :-D

OP
OP
slimothy
Dipped and normal Manny- I sussed Its some kinda earth problem, if I pull the fuse for the rear light cluster (which incidently also is dash illumination) the fogs behave normally...