modded grill

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
well had a bit off time today whilst awaiting drying times etc on my car so had a little play with bens grill starting to get there now.....finally

i feel guilty as hell as he was suppose toget this plus handles and skirt last month but due to having to change job and then my car going to the "bleep" they got pushed aside.

:down: sorry mate. but now that ihave decided to keep my car off road everything aint a rush and i can get other things sorted and take my time.
so things are getting done now.

thanks for the patiance mate. hope it is to your likings.

[attachment=48]

[attachment=49]

also getting handles on soon aswell hopefully :D

[attachment=50]

get the forums a bit activ u know

wayne

lol
well simply chopped all guts out of middles sanded it right back.
then sprayed it
but whe i laquered it an was leaving it to dry. my dog decided to get inquisative nd nudged it with her nose:blush: so had to respray.

spoke to ben as since it all sprayed again etc, u can see rpilles were the plastic grill looks as if it has been hot sometime in its life,
u couldnt see this when grill was white, but with the metallic u can notice it if u looking for it. or know its ther. dont stand out or ne thing but all the same im a perfectionist.
a simple way to sole this would be topolly the grill and smooth it all out. but that deends wether ben wants it now and is happy or wait and get it perfect.
his choice really. im happy to do the extrawprk it weathewr or not he wants me too.
i still got to do his skirts fully yet which im gonna polly ne ways. but i will speak with him more in depth about it when we both online at same time

yeah it looks cool,just cant wait to get everything on the motor and i just finsihed doing my planning investigation for my biology practical exam tomorrow - im goosed but yeah, my motor is going to look mean - grrrrr

fibreglass for strength
catty to smooth it.
fixed the mesh with stikaflew sao it still has felxibility with the vibrations so it dont crack.
jobs a good un :D

Attachments

• stage2.4.JPG
    stage2.4.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 340
can you see the join?

i'm puttin a scoop on my bonnet and i have smoothed it in with filler but i think when i paint it it's gonna look crap.

the filler is perfectly smooth but not at the same slope degree all the way round.

you can use a poly that you spray over it is a filler and smooths out the dogs and it also stops the paint sinking into the catty and looking a mess.

no u cant see ne joins :D

and wont see ne of them ripples by the end of thew week either :D
which i could only see once the metallic paint ent on:S

wayne

thanks i'll check out the poly stuff.

i've been using primer as a light filler.

spraying it on and sanding it down then spraying it again.

to be honest

the sparying etc looks good - so do the side cutout sections

but if you look were the middle secions have been cut out ... it dont look straight/flat ?

is it just me ?

i noticed that too but i mean its still an excellent job but let him do his thing, he knows a lot more than me

Back