Missing part of seat - What is it.

Hi, I recently obtained the seats of A Micra SE 2003 for free as a replacement for my Micra S Seats as the driver's seat had failed

It has a hole in the top half of the seat on the left with a square rod sticking out and I was wondering if any one new what it was and where I can find one as have searched the car they came from and found nothing aswell as searching the internet.

Thanks
Jake

Sent from my CPH1921 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

A picture would be useful.......
Of course
IMG_20200424_185435.jpeg

Hi, thanks for your reply no it was from another 3 door Micra but just the SE version instead of S

It does have a Handle on the other side to to love it forward to get into the back

Hi I've just twisted it with mole grips and it turns a quarter and it does not recline not seem to do anything so maybe an arm rest? I don't know where to get one if it is.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Hi I've just twisted it with mole grips and it turns a quarter and it does not recline not seem to do anything so maybe an arm rest? I don't know where to get one if it is.

In that case its not to recline the seat but probably change the rake angle of the back of the seat.... Try gripping the square section with something and turn it to see if it changes the seat back angle.... It's significant that it is only on the drivers seat as that is normally the only front seat with this feature....

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
In that case its not to recline the seat but probably change the rake angle of the back of the seat.... Try gripping the square section with something and turn it to see if it changes the seat back angle.... It's significant that it is only on the drivers seat as that is normally the only front seat with this feature....
Well THIS is the part that is supposed to adjust the rake angle I think that you have to be sitting in the seat, turn the knob a quarter of a turn to release the lock then then lean back till it is how you want it, then let go of the knob to lock it again, hence the quarter turn. The seat back is probably currently set in the max upright position, where it returns naturally if you just unlock it, so nothing will change till you lean back on it....
Edit:- just found this picture which shows what you need, not a knob as linked to earlier but a lever that would work as I described above...

Micra SE seat back adjustment.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your posts I thought I replied to the first one but it must not have sent you are indeed correct or just adjust the rake angle of the top half of the seat.

I popped into Facebook and found listings of people with Micra SEs of a similar age and finally found one with the part which I managed to obtain for about £5.

Thank you very much for your help as I would have never of figured this out and found a piece without it.