Missfire

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Hello
Just wondering if anyone knows why my cars doing this before I buy more things
Currently replaced ht leads and rotor arm
5e0fb134-cfc6-7742.jpg

Spot the difference
The problem, ticks over nicely progressively accelerates fine applying gentle throttle
WOT misfires then stalls and this morning wouldn't start at all had to give up, then I came home and fitted the new rotor arm and it fired up but still missing:(
Now the dizzy cap looks ok so haven't changed that yet and I have seem to misplaced my plug socket and can't remember what size socket will remove them lol so haven't checked the plugs
My question is then is it most likely to be one of these or is this a common problem with a common solution

i would change the dizzy cap when you change the rotor arm just to be sure, only a few pounds but might cure the problem (Y)

also change the plugs and check the HT leads and connections for problems

i would change the dizzy cap when you change the rotor arm just to be sure, only a few pounds but might cure the problem (Y)

also change the plugs and check the HT leads and connections for problems

I thought that but just wanted to check there's not some common fault I'm missing before buying any more bits already done leads and rotor arm

Not the dizzy cap!! Changed it and it's still the same! Won't even try to start on a cold morning but manages to start when it gets hot
Just Re did the earths as they were rusty

Could it possibly be overfueling / underfueling.

Maybe a vac leak?

Only real problem i had with mine that was similar, turned out to be the carb...was easier to replace the carb than spend the time messing with it. Mine however would stall coming upto junctions (coasting), could still drive it just had to keep restarting it.

Guessing if you know its electrical, theres probably only the coil left to change / check?

Finally my new plug socket arrived and revealed
5e0fb113-2058-c0d5.jpg

Swapped in my k11 Ngk r plugs
No more miss fire

Goes to show never forget the basics, like me :)

K11 plugs are a smaller type of plug, BKR6.
The K10 plugs are BPR6 ES (NGK type R), BP6 ES (Regular) and BP6 EIX (for irridium).

and remember never take use bosch plugs, a micra hates them ;) don't know why.

I don't use anything but NGK platinum and iridium, did use denso hks ones but the tips kept dropping into my engine even thought it was the right cold grade and not running lean! NGK never cause me problems
Hit the Bosch ones with a hammer so they can't hurt anyone else

Still has slight miss fire?? Cg plugs have a different plug gap to ma?
It now starts in the morning and wot over 3krpm (guess no rev counter) pulls perfectly
But if you start to try an accelerate at anything over snails pace before 3k it'll miss it's tots off! Maybe I've inadvertently invented a crude traction control ;)
But this is how the miss fire started then got worse, could it be that the plugs aren't gapped right? I just pulled them from the ca and popped them in the ma

Back to the drawing board
6:30 this morning arrange to give my work mates a lift in but the the little bastarb wouldn't start at all
Aaaggggghhhh I'm so close to having an accident with a lighter
Just coil to change now
It's very odd how it worked perfectly then when back to miss firing very quickly after I thought I had solved it

is the distributor the contact breaker and condensor type or electronic ignition? as it could possibly be the contacts and / or condensor?

is the distributor the contact breaker and condensor type or electronic ignition? as it could possibly be the contacts and / or condensor?
It's J reg mate so won't have any of that stuff :(
I'm gonna guess at a coil try that if it's not that then anyone want a micrA :)

my super s was a J reg so it could have one as they were the later k10's

plus the two dizzy arms you posted are diferent, the top one is off a mechanical dizzy and the bottom is like my super s one, the electronic type, i dont think the arms are interchangeable either? as i tried

my super s was a J reg so it could have one as they were the later k10's

plus the two dizzy arms you posted are diferent, the top one is off a mechanical dizzy and the bottom is like my super s one, the electronic type, i dont think the arms are interchangeable either? as i tried

they both fitted :grinning:
ive done the coil and it fired up perfectly but ill reserve my judgement till the morning when it doesnt start again:down:

Must have been the coil as it seems to be perfect :) fingers crossed
At least I've got enough spare part to make an exhaust flamer now :D

Back