Misfiring all the time... please help

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi all

Before I start I have searched and read many many posts on this topic and I still have no idea what is causing my Micra Super S to misfire so badly at every speed all the time.

It started around 6 weeks ago... The Micra misfire when accelerating, when idling all the fudging time! Lack of power, sounds like an impreza but has no power at all, Its hard cruising at 30mph in 2nd let alone 4th like a normal Micra.

The only mods done to this car at the moment the car started to misfire was, an Almera 1,6 Airbox, and lowered, that is it.. Here are all the things i tried to do myself after reading many posts on here and on the web

What I have Checked/Changed
1) TB re-solder (improved a little)
2) PLR Exhaust installed, which gets rid of the 2nd CAT
3) Dizzy Cap and Rotor Arm change
4) Full Service, inc... fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs, oil and ignition leads
5) Removed First CAT materials out of the Exhaust Manifold
6) 2nd hand dizzy changed, with old leads, cap and rotor arm
7) Brand New TB fitted....
8) Timing checked and is at 15 degrees
9) idle checked and is ok at 800-850 rpm
10) Spare Non Nats ECU changed

I have checked if there is any fault codes, the only time it said there was a problem it was the MAF code, which I then re-soldered the TB, it improved a bit but its still powerless and noisey

Am I missing anything at all, as I am stomped and run out of money! I really need anyones help. The Car drives but pathetically slow and very very noisey.

Please help, I used to be in love with my Micra, but now its just annoying me so much

:)

Check compression, preferably leakdown to see if the rings r worn or if the valves r worn/burnt or mis-timed.

Hey guys and girls, got some news....

i first tried a compression test, all were similar readings, then i checked if all leads have spark, which they did, then i removed all spark plugs and measured gap, one was a little off and cylinder one was wet and smelt like fuel, excessive fuel, so i put everything back together and started the car..

i thought id remove each ht lead to see if any difference, cylinder one once removed made no difference to revs or engine noise at all.. (thanks for the tip Stani1029) all the rest stalled after i took it off for a couple of seconds.. which made me believe something is up at cylinder one... seems as though too much fuel is being pushed in... so i then i removed cylinder one injector and i also removed cylinder 4 injector, swapped them around and did the ht lead test again and now cylinder 4 ht lead removed makes no difference in engine rev or sound...

so in conclusion it looks as though that stupid little injector is stuck open? and needs replacing! am i right? Now i need one injector, where the fudge am i going to get one, tried two scrappies near me with the wrong micras, anyone got a spare injector for sale?

well done on the diagnosis.
try resting a screwdriver against each injector and see if that faulty injector is still actuating and working. if it still clicks, it might be blocked, perhaps get it cleaned?
£12.50+post per injector here
http://injectortune.co.uk/Injector_Cleaning.html

or if its completely dead, ebay will have some k11 injectors but dunno bout individual ones.

I had a rogue injector which like this one was cylinder 1 it didn't trigger any eml just ran badly and became difficult to start

I had this problem which was a rogue plug also cylinder 1. No engine management light just ran like a dog and became difficult to start

hi everyone

Thought id give you all an update, replaced the one injector and its quite an improvement..... but the power has a little flat spot at 4500rpm - 5000rpm, while accelerating at that range. Under load only the power dips lower, until i pass that range.. then it gets kinda ok... But revving the engine under no load and revs climb freely towards 6000rpm with no problems

Any ideas on how to fix this tiny problem (compared to firing at 3 cylinders)

I have just checked the timing (@15, but scantool says its at 20 degrees when idling is that ok?), TPS is set at 0.48V and i even changed all the remaining injectors thinking that was the problem, but now the range has changed from 5000rpm - 5200rpm approx

I then took it for a long drive 70 miles trip, and it still hesitates, cant really keep up with much cars as it used to, either you press the accelerator very very gently to gain power(still power dips but less if you accelerate hard), or if you put your foot down hard the power dips aggressively at that rev range mentioned.

Hope any of you all can help, a micra super s that cant keep up with a 1.0 yaris until it gains speed using the gently accelerate method is so disappointing

Please help :(

Absolutely certain your TB is brand new? I soldered my friend's K11 TB and it fixed his kangarooing/misfiring issue.

Were you able see the TPS and MAF readout from a Nissan Consult tool? That should give a good clue.

Maybe your HT leads (spark cables) are bad too. Search Youtube for the soap water test.

Absolutely certain your TB is brand new? I soldered my friend's K11 TB and it fixed his kangarooing/misfiring issue.

Were you able see the TPS and MAF readout from a Nissan Consult tool? That should give a good clue.

Maybe your HT leads (spark cables) are bad too. Search Youtube for the soap water test.
Sorry for asking this, but since im not english, im not sure what the TB means? :D

Solved, was two injectors stuck upon on two sets of injectors... So I gave up found an almera 1.4 to fix my pulsar (for body panels) then used those 1.4 injectors on the Micra and know it's solved, power is back feels way better... Don't think there is a difference or much difference between 1.0, 1.3 Micra injectors and 1.4 ga14de injectors

So all working now! Just doesn't idle ok but I'll increase the idle later

Hope this helps someone

Back