Misfire, no power - K11 Super S

Bought myself an Super S tonight. Took it for a test drive, no problems at all, drove really well. Paid for it, driving back home, when suddenly the car starts violently jerking and has no power. Let the car cool down, and tried driving again. Was okay for about half a mile, starts jerking again. So I have left it parked on the side of the road.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Drove the car up to my mates, 4-5 miles no problems. Really smooth, left it running for 10 mins, then tried revving the engine. Misfiring badly and loads of black smoke out of the exhaust. I got my hands on a complete dizzy, which I'll try tomorrow.

You were right. Resoldered throttle body and all is well. (Y)
happened to me seemed so serious. little bit of heat on the joints and all is well, bloody things! gotta love em!
now that is that sorted you have pictures of your car? or is it the same one in your other thread?

happened to me seemed so serious. little bit of heat on the joints and all is well, bloody things! gotta love em!
now that is that sorted you have pictures of your car? or is it the same one in your other thread?

Its a different car. I will put some pics up soon. Needs a good polish :laugh:

Back