mirror replacement

Hi, i have a 98 micra passion 1.0. Bought a drivers side mirror with backing (push to fit) to replace broken one. The mirror is supposed to fit this model,but when i try to attach it inside the wing mirror housing it does not push on ?.Any advice please,thanks. Recent first micra.

Most replacement mirrors are supposed to have a sticky pad on the back of the mirror, you peel the wax paper off the sticky pad then push/stick the mirror over the broken mirror.

If it doesnt have a sticky back then there maybe a supply problem (I've worked in garages on parts and have seen this before) If the mirror came with clips then you will have to follow the instructions if came with any, not personally seen mirrors with clips but I assume you would have to remove the old broken mirror from its housing (The bit that surrounds the actual mirror, not the plastic outer housing).

HI,thanks for replies,it is a glass mirror in a plastic back plate but does not seem to match up and push into place into the wing mirror housing?

you take off the broken mirror, you take the new mirror and hook it in on one end of the base and pull it to clip in, 2 second job, if you push to fit which ont work you WILL CRACK the mirror!

j

Back