Mirror Glass

Hi all,

My driver side mirror glass is hanging off, it moves about a bit, but not too bad as to fall off. Feels as if its unclipped from the top of its mount. Is this fixable or do I need a new mirror? I also need to change my driver side one as the glass is evidently from another car and looks really dodgy.

Any info as to how to disassemble them welcome :)

thanks!

Looks like you may have broken some clips at the back that holds the main mirror part in place, or its simply not clipped in on one side.

It's actually two parts. A black surround and then the mirror itself that clips in.

It looks like you have a problem with the black surround.

Your best bet is to unclip the mirror and then try refitting it.

Its not as hard as it looks. Just pull it to whichever side is away from the door but carefully, and it should unclip, as it is held like this:

<- -> with 2 on either side so unclipping one should allow you to release the other.

Example of the clips on the main housing:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/elpidio3/R75/R94/AG38.jpg

Check for any damage, and then fit the same way. You may find it hasn't been clipped in at all, and will fall out if you push it to the side.

It is slightly harder to fit, but place the clip on one side, and then pull to the side that isn't clipped and then push slightly against the mirror. Don't worry about using some force, but you should hear a click if its fitted correctly.

Back