• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mintyfresh's 'mintyfresh' K11

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
After being a proud club member for over a year, i decided that after dropping my car today it was finally blogworthy, so here it is :)

Before lowering:

P1020317.jpg

P1020318.jpg

and after :)

P1020319.jpg

P1020324.jpg

Just showing some of the little mods i've done over the past year..

super s clocks..
P1020331.jpg

Some colour coding, de-wiper and custom tail pipe (on standard back box)
P1020326.jpg

Gear knob
P1020329.jpg

jagermeister flowery thing and sex wax freshner :p
P1020330.jpg

Front, ultra open mouth, cold air feed to std air box with OMP panel filter
P1020322.jpg

i've fitted better door speakers, 6x9s in the rear shelf, mutant active 12" sub in the boot and sony headunit. Also it's got aero wipers and clear side repeaters and all four wheels will soon be white. Opinions/suggestions on a postcard :)

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Alexx17 said:
nice one mate give it a few days to let the springs settle in and it should sit lower

Yeah i was thinking that too, looks lower from standing and looking down on it aswell but overall im very happy with the results :)

Shaun said:
Awesome Another 8-ball gear knob owner!

What can i say? I love my knob.. of gears

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Little update:
Spent the best part of a day washing, cutting, washing again and waxing just in time for it to rain! Also got round to spraying front wheels white today while fitting a wheel with a better tyre that i bought cheap ages ago as the front rh was getting a tad on the low side. Plans include maybe some more colour coding and ive been looking for some Nissan wind deflectors for ages but might just settle for some Heko ones. Also really wanting import size plates asap, just need to measure the boot recess and see what size will fit (if any!)

phone pics but you get the jist:

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

thanks for looking!

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
They can't Mark I'm gutted, took one off before to reveal a completely different shade of paint.. I took a pic at the time:

DSC00634.jpg

Also i'm undecided on a new sunstrip colour: Black (gloss), Black (Matt) or White?

would a bloody good polish not bring the paint under the bumpstrip back to life. and gloss black if anything, you dont want to over do the white. just keep it simple and subtle
heres a little inspiration for ya, dam i miss my old micra.
i3fnza.jpg

oayxl0.jpg

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Love it! especially the wheels :laugh:

sr_steve said:
would a bloody good polish not bring the paint under the bumpstrip back to life.

I tried before with t-cut and it didn't touch it, i think there was a re-spray or something at some point because there's a ridge you can feel around the outline of where the bumpstrip was

mullet

Ex. Club Member
mines has that ridge too i think its cos the laquer was stil;l wet when they put it on mines also has a slight discolouring not muh can be done tbh looking good though

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Update:

bought and fitted a JDM rear visor/spoiler!

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Also have purchased some JDM tail lights

K11TL_1.jpg

On the hunt for some wide wheels now and perhaps more drop.

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Car got reversed into Friday night, pushed headlight and grille back, cracked grille and slightly bent wing. Hopefully it will fix easy? The guy has admitted fault so am gonna try and get some money off him.

On a lighter note, I bought some wheels today, centre bore needs turning out a bit so they fit though unfortunately

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Cars going into the bodyshop on Tuesday to get the front end sorted out so soon I'll have a fixed and freshly painted grille, straightened wing and headlight where it should be :) also getting my bonnet repaired and sprayed, boy am I glad the guy admitted fault!
Still trying to find a machine shop that can re-bore my wheels, watch this space!

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Cars going into the bodyshop on Tuesday to get the front end sorted out so soon I'll have a fixed and freshly painted grille, straightened wing and headlight where it should be :) also getting my bonnet repaired and sprayed, boy am I glad the guy admitted fault!
Still trying to find a machine shop that can re-bore my wheels, watch this space!

can you not just get on it with a dremel?

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Had a rotary file in a high speed drill and after about an hour it still hadn't removed enough, plus it's not the most precise of methods lol

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Yeah Frank suggested that too, has anyone actually done this to say it works? Im guessing it would have to be some kind of carbide abrasive on the flaps?

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Wheels are going to a machine shop near me on monday so by the end of next week I should have a fixed front end and my wheels on :)

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
558f9b94.jpg

Shocking pic but shows what I've been up to tonight :) bit worried about the rear o/s As it currently rubs over the slightest bump.. Will definitely need arch rolling asap (gonna see what I can do tomorrow before work) but after new tyres and more lows it should be fine :) also fitted rear lights tonight but so ####ed off because one got cracked :down: I couldn't believe it :( oh yeah and also fitted something else but you'll have to wait til tomorrow..

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Looks lower than it is in that pic Shaun :( once the lower tyres are on she'll be getting more drop though :) in drastic need of an adjustable panhard though *looks at Mark Bognor in a 'please make me one' way*.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
how low did you go? I just wonder if mine will need a panhard rod when I fit the 35-40mm lowering springs... :glare:

frank

Club Member

Attachments

• SDC11540.JPG
    SDC11540.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,708
the axleshift is greater when you lower from stock height (and the shift is smaller when the panhard rod is near horizontal)
offset bushes fitted to 1 end of the p/rod will correct upto 14mm of poke/tuck difference (ie, upto 7mm of shift
I have these bushes from frank and they do the job lovely. thanks again

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I've still not used the panhard I made minty, i've found that a spacer on one side is good enough for now, looked ok even with the 7"s on. I really like Frank's eccentric bushes, and that's how I will be doing mine. eventually, to save having to fight a loosing battle with getting the original panhard off.

Is it 175/60's on the front? They look pretty good. You know that there is a cheep pair of them in the for sale board dont you :p, might keep you going till you can afford the smaller tyres and extra drop.

euro_micra

Matt :)
Micra's looking very nice with those wheels on now minty, good choice, but i'd get those rear tyres swapped before doing arch work-might find you won't need it doing. Would like to see what else it is you've done that your not showing us lol

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Cheers euro :) the rear o/s arch needs work until I sort the tyres out it's that bad :| and I forgot to get a pic showing the other thing! Mark your right on the fronts, will check those tyres out on the for sale cheers for the heads up :) could still go a tad lower with the 175/60s :)

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Have ordered some offset bushes (cheers Frank!) so soon Ill have perfectly spaced rear wheels :) today a mate and I are going to try and roll my rear arches with the help of his step dad (who used to work with wheels, tyres and arches) so hopefully the issue of rubbing will be no more :) also got some new spark plugs (bosch super 4) am just waiting on some gap info before I fit them. More pics later

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Cheers bobble :) the look is growing on me but the balloons can't stay, even after rolling the arches the rear o/s tyre is still rubbing fwn.. Plus I want more lows :laugh:

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'..

eee34dbd.jpg

And the mod I've not revealed yet:

e3dbeea6.jpg

a86b2f2f.jpg

Partly as a joke (1ltr micra won't do much towing) and partly cause I thought it was kinda cool :)

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
My panhard offset bushes came today :) will try and fit them tonight so maybe the arch rub will be eliminated.. Or both rears will start rubbing :/

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Love them ATS (Y)

Cheers! I do too :)

Fitted the panhard bushes today in 4 hours.. :glare: ah well it's all good now and as far as I can tell, the wheels are both where they should be. I took some pics along the way..

Removing the old bush after cutting it using franks method (cheers again btw!)

245194a4.jpg

Ready for new Frankstein (frankspeed but for handling..geddit?) bushes

b34c847e.jpg

Done!

4c7fb00f.jpg

Also I found out that the cause of the arch rub was coming from the point where the mount for the rear bumper is..

Before:

fdc5ad2e.jpg

And after some grinder action:

5752bfed.jpg

Happy days! I'm surprised noones commented on my tow hook yet hah :laugh:

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Great job you've done (Y)

How do you adjust the bushes to reach the desired position?
Do you twist them before you tighten the nut?

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Great job you've done (Y)

How do you adjust the bushes to reach the desired position?
Do you twist them before you tighten the nut?

Thanks :) with the bushes I got a lot if instruction from Frank and he said for the most amount of shift (which was what mine needed) the hole has to be as far left as possible so I put one bush on and positioned the hole leftmost, then panhard then the other bush and while I pushed my axle my mate pushed the panhard on the bushes (was struggling by myself). Once the panhard was on the bushes I tapped them into place half way and tightened the nut up to seat them fully. I'm not sure if you could turn the bushes whilst theyre in but you could always just try a few different positions til you got it right I guess? I think far left is probably what most people will need though (might be less with less drop, mines -60mm)

it aligns the rear axle, when the cars lowered the axle shifts to the side which then needs to be re-aligned using either an adjustable panhard rod or some of franks' offset bushes

OP
OP
mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Got some new back tyres yesterday so now I've got 175/60/13 all round, would have liked some more stretch but don't have the funds to go as low as I'd need to make the look nice. Have got more arch gap than I'd like now though so on the weekend I may be going lower. But to go as low as Id like I need shorter shocks!