mini with a little bit of micra

I guess so, but think il get to grips with the basics of it, then mess about

What other gains you get with sequential? Thought it was more for economy

I guess so, but think il get to grips with the basics of it, then mess about

What other gains you get with sequential? Thought it was more for economy

you,re squirting fuel into an open inlet valve basically eh :)

Could you not fit a K11 dizzy and use that for the cam sensor?
a CGA cam sensor would be easier to fit i guess :) a conventional magnetic/hall sensor, instead of the oddball optical dizzy one

P2060508.JPG

There are maps for megasquirt equipped stock Ga's which I assume use the 4 slot dizzy as the crank/cam position sensor, you could take that as a starting point and then no trigger wheel needed?

Don't quote me on it but I'm fairly sure megasquirt can run up to 8? Individual coils. I'll be sticking with the ford edis (wasted spark) for now

Last edited:
you,re squirting fuel into an open inlet valve basically eh :)

a CGA cam sensor would be easier to fit i guess :) a conventional magnetic/hall sensor, instead of the oddball optical dizzy one

[ATTACHfull]28308[/ATTACH]
Although didn't we work out anything above 30% duty cycle is at closed valve anyway?
I wonder if a localised glow plug style heater would help fuel atomisation (not too hot though!!) :D

Well my map sensor turned up today :)

I'll get the ecu Monday. I've paid the import tax :( parcel force are cheeky *insert foul language here* they charge a 13 quid handling fee!

Apparently the way it works is....

Customs decide how much you owe
Parcel force then pay your import Tax for you ( the kind people they are)
Parcel force then hold your package ransom until you pay the import tax plus their handling fee!
If you don't pay in 20 days they send it back

Carried on with the wiring for the ecu today, new fuse box, relays and ecu have all been mounted and the internal wiring completed, just as I moved onto the engine bay the heavens opened so at the moment its left pretty much left like this....

Might try get the wiring finished this week weather permitting. Then it will be just a case of when I'm ready swap the carbs for the ITB'S and fuel pumps over and it should start :confused:

Not as quick as I'd like and once the wiring is done there will be a bit of a wait as the other mini is taking up the garage at the moment :-(

Well I bit the bullet and started to swap bits over, the injection tank is now in place and plumbed in also the carbs got removed and the ITB'S put in their place.

Now it should be a case of swapping 4 wires at the fuse box and it should* start

*crosses fingers and prays.

had to build my own map(s) but thankfully megasquirt offer a table generator into which you enter your engine specs and it will produce a rough table for you to get started.

quick video

for some reason my phone mic makes it sound like a diesel o_O

Is it me or does there seem to be a shortage of ga3's around? When I was looking for a cg13 there was plenty but now that I want one there's none :-(

Sadly I can no longer afford to run two cars so the mini has been mothballed and the next project has been canceled :-(

My old bike carbs and fuel pump will be offered for sale soon. A long with a few other "spares" that I have

The only positive is it gives me chance to build a cga3/cg13/corsa hybrid engine as funds allow :)

Back