mini with a little bit of micra

Mmm so tempting! Mind you i dont know about running without tps working, or if the injectors will run with micra ecu... Bookmarking and research time methinks :)

These have a TPS :D

I'd be tempted to try make them work with the micra ecu as a challenge but I threw the loom out.

Injectors I'm not sure but I'd imagine there's some available that would suit. I think these have a 240cc flow rating. Also they would need to have a air box made with the MAF sensor on the inlet.

Got a show the weekend so im thinking of changing the colour of the cam cover

my mate suggested the same orange as the rear subframe

but im not sure

any other suggestions ?

Finished cutting up the micra manifold and tubing ready to make the new inlet manifold for the ITB's, will try drop it off tomorrow to get welded

Also got bored and started drawing what I want bog brothers to make me in the future

Picked up my temporary manifold today

IMAG0675_zps11b6a453.jpg

Just need to do some porting now

IMAG0677_zps0f160b2f.jpg

Just had a nice surprise, turns out there's just enough stretch (after being warmed in a bowl of boiling water ;) ) in the silicone pipe I'm already using to go over the larger throttle bodies. That saves me sourcing some reduction sections :D

Also I give my old cam cover a lick of paint and swapped it back over

Here's what i found...

spark plug tubes on 2&3 nice and clean

tubes 1&4 covered in oil with a 10mm deep puddle in the bottom :(

Not really had a chance to play with the mini recently also I managed to lose my rotary burrs so could not port the new manifold :( but over the weekend I bought a new set so after a few min of work I've got the basic shape of the runners sorted

Before

IMAG0751_zpsff12c430.jpg

After

IMAG0752_zps7d229654.jpg

Next step is to buy the megasquirt ecu

the last show the mini will be going to is at the end of the month which means it can come off the road for a little while to fit the ITB's etc

Haven't updated this for a while,

I thought I'd give the throttle bodies a dip in the ultrasonic cleaner before they get fitted

Broken down into component parts

IMAG0942_zpsf7fb7119.jpg

Pretty clean to start with

IMAG0943_zpsda7b4d20.jpg

After 5 min

IMAG0944_zpsb1a8e55c.jpg

After 15 min

IMAG0945_zpsc754b873.jpg

After 30

IMAG0946_zpsacec5a96.jpg

IMAG0949_zps9ce8828d.jpg

Then built back up

IMAG0952-1_zps730ecd46.jpg

started sorting out sensors and associated wiring for the conversion to injection
seems simple enough :-S :-/

Finally bit the bullet and started spending money ready for the swap to efi. Just bought some sock filters for the ITB's. I'm hoping that if I wait a few weeks I might be able to pick up a microsquirt ecu cheaper in the post Xmas sales.

I had planned on building another air box but the socks won out in the end to their ease of fitment

Finally finished the new inlet manifold today, a total of 6 hours of porting and polishing mainly by hand ( I've actually worn skin away from my fingers) Have resulted in ports that are about 20% larger than when I started and now it has nice free flowing smooth bores.

We have a flow bench in work that's used for working out water flow in mains/valves etc so I might see if I can try mount the manifold on it and compare it to a standard manifold.

Ordered the microsquirt unit today :) its coming from the states so might be a week or two before I get my grubby hands on it

Last edited:
I know I got paid and it included my Xmas bbonus which was a nice suprise, so went for it before anything else came up.

For simplicity really, the microsquirt is basically the v2 megasquirt but with out the on board ignition drivers and boost control which is fine for me as I'd planned on keeping the ford edits ignition and the turbo will be used on another car. Megasquirt does offer a lot more features but none of them I'd be using, so it made sense to save some money and kiss ( keep it simple stupid)

Fair enough :)

Can't wait to buy mine now, have to be next month as I've jus had to get the misses a new car.

Looking foward to seeing yours going soon then

Apparently the ecu is being processed by UK customs :) let's just hope they don't sting me to much with import tax.

But I'm really impressed that its got here so quick. It will probably be longer getting to me whilst in the UK.

I'm jus gunna stick with batch/bank for now, get it running, then once I've figured it out, then might change

Back