mini with a little bit of micra

not sure if anyone is interested but i thought id share a few pics of my mini with its new cg10 heart

mini

DSC_0133.jpg

cg10

IMAG0334-1.jpg

rover k series manifold made to fit

IMAG0553.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

inlet manifold modified to accept bike carbs

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0523-1.jpg

built a subframe

IMAG0552.jpg

IMAG0551.jpg

idler pully and bracket for alternator belt also a trigger wheel fitted to allow me to use megajolt

IMAG0563-1.jpg

drive shafts made

IMAG0140-1.jpg

coil pack mounted with some new leads made

IMAG0574-1.jpg

engine painted

IMAG0125.jpg

old g-A-y series out

IMAG0568.jpg

cg10 and new frame in

IMAG0570-1.jpg

everything put back together

IMAG0175.jpg

next step is to find some 1.3 cams for the time being, then buy a whole 1.3 unit i can rebuild over time and create a bit of a monster.

its runs map, it gives a actual load input rather than just throttle position so much better.

the front is lighter but its hard to compare it really as ive fitted harder springs and lowered the ride hight when i built the frame

grand job i_jonez :cool:
you did,nt go for the smaller RS5F41 g/box then eh

it would have made things a bit easier but this engine&box came up soo cheap it was rude not to buy it. also means when i build my monster 1.3 i can retain a 1.3 box although im tempted to keep 1.0 box for the added acceleration. dont you use a 1.0 box frank? whats it like coupled to a 1.3?

That's pretty cool. I get a lot of questions about the micra EFI etc on these mini conversions. I've sold ecus to a few of them now I think.

Thanks I decided to ditch the efi and go with what I'm used to which is mappable ignition and carbs, there's nothing like the sound of bike carbs at full throttle.

Can understand, much easier for the home brew garage that's for sure.

Wasn't that bad as long as you can weld,

Cut runners
Cut flange into 4 sections
Redrill flanges to suit micra
Bolt on flanges
Bend runners to line up
Weld back together

Because there was a limited amount off room in the mini I had to cut off the flange which bolts the manifold to downpipe. Pic shows it before being modified

IMAG0360.jpg

Vs standard

IMAG0359.jpg

excellent, thanks for the info :D just noticed your in S wales, so am i :D i work in a breakers down cardiff if you need some micra bits

excellent, thanks for the info :D just noticed your in S wales, so am i :D i work in a breakers down cardiff if you need some micra bits

Ah your in ponty, I'm in Aberdare, but work all over ponty for Welsh water. I'm currently looking for a 1.3 engine and box if one comes up let me know

was just thinking...... the "built not bought" thing........

do you think mine could be "bought cos i can afford it"...lol

Right then the 1.3 started today after a but of a fight - that's the good news

The bad news being it turns out it has a blown headgasket ( water leaking into a cylinder) and even with it running very hot the compression is 3 bar lower than the minimum allowed. The old tea spoon of oil down the bores confirmed its the cylinders/pistons.

Sooo tomorrows job rip the engine back out

Looks to be a bit of wear on 2 pistons, got to try get a bore gauge on the cylinders but they don't look to good, there's a few scores :-( at least the crank seems to be like new, will get the micrometer on it tomorrow.

New pistons and a rebore should sort it out nicely. Will probably fit flat top pistions :)

Back