mileage !!!!!!!!!!!! help

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
mind you i dont get a lot from a full tank on mine and i drive how should i say a little harsh :grinning:

A free-flowing exhaust should really improve your MPG.

As an aside note I get between 400 and 430 miles per tank.

mikey

Ex. Club Member
Oh dear...from Dundee to Glasgow and back in a 1.0...near as dammit a whole tank! :frown: I was trying to keep up with the 1.3's but still?!?

i was told that when i got the exhaust put it that it would be terribly over fueling...how can i change this...can a apexi afc be wired to the k11 ecu....

pollyp

Club Member
my urban mpg also got worse after fitting a janspeed catback & manifold. motorway mpg is ok.
gonna get it remapped soon.

andy

Ex. Club Member
Oh dear...from Dundee to Glasgow and back in a 1.0...near as dammit a whole tank! :frown: I was trying to keep up with the 1.3's but still?!?

whats that about 70 miles give or take a few even flooring it should be alot better than that

mikey

Ex. Club Member
mikey there was another 1.0 there aswell lol

I was trying to keep up with that too!:p

Works out at roughly 120-ish miles...and i almost wore out third gear so the crappy mileage was mostly my fault, but it does drink more fuel than it used to...Before someone told me i really should press the loud pedal harder and more often....:wasntme:

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
mine does about 215 to a tank 230 if i drive really really sensibly. But I had a super s that would comfortably do 320-350 a tank.

Mine is modded but it was worse when it was a 1 litre?

Stani1029

Club Member

lol ;) my super-s used to get 450miles to a full tank but now prices have gone up and ive put on a janspeed etc its down to around 250miles

puttin a free flowing exhaust on and an induction filter will cause the car to use more fuel think about it "more air in will require more fuel with a fast exhaust output will cause the engine to flow better using more fuel due to more gases being expelled"

on my old xr2i on stock running i was getting 300miles to a tank a full exhaust from manifold and induction dropped it to 175/200miles and bhp went from around 90bhp to 110bhp

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
well my car aint exactly standard and i got 180miles to half a tank at around 105.9p.. i would have thought better airflow would make the engine burn the fuel more effiecently.

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
lol ;) my super-s used to get 450miles to a full tank but now prices have gone up and ive put on a janspeed etc its down to around 250miles

a full tank is a full tank regardless of it costing £40 or £30

for your mpg to almost half you have a problem or your driving style has changed significantly