• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Just had a little check over of mildred.... I'm lossing coolant not excessively but it's still going down and I have mayo in the oil cap... however when i put my finger in and feel around the cams there dosnt appear to be any mayo. Hopefully it's just condensation !! :L xx

Sent from my SM-J530F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Just had a little check over of mildred.... I'm lossing coolant not excessively but it's still going down and I have mayo in the oil cap... however when i put my finger in and feel around the cams there dosnt appear to be any mayo. Hopefully it's just condensation !! :L xx

Someone here (can't remember who) had a stuck pcv valve, which was letting air into the crankcase and condensing in the oil. If I remember rightly

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Ooo I'll have a look as the dip stick is fine. No other symptoms xx

I remember now, it was ryb but he is turbod so there would be positive pressure there for him. Still worth a check, I'd it was stuck open there could be enough low pressure in the crankcase to suck in fresh air over time possibly?

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Well mildred has had a lovely thick layer of waxoil before her mot and there was a sizeable hole in the rear of her sill!
This is all fixed ready for her MOT this morning!! ........... annnnnddddd the verdict is in!!!! ........She failed..... and just my luck vosa were doing inspections and over saw my mot :L
received_10211328455099358.jpeg

Hi Chloe, hope you’re still rocking this sweet car, was wondering, how much ground clearance do you have at the sills, and how low have you been able to get it and at what ground clearance?

Pat