• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

pollyp

Club Member
Haahaa thanks Paul :L I'd lost some love for her TBH but she's growing one me again :)

Haahaa well spotted :L yes they are my cat shoes :L xx

that's normal ups & downs with cars. some days we struggle when they never behave or give us more issues to handle, but when we fight through all these obsticles one by one we end up with the good stuff, a refined & working car that takes us on an adventure to places (suppose tis like being a caretaker or parent or pet owner lol).

you've seen how I've been through hell & back to care for kasandra's past health and nowadays she's returning the favour and providing me with the pleasure of driving and working flawlessly even though my life's been down the drain.

liking the meow shoes.

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
I couldn't have put It any better Paul :)
Hopefully were on solid ground again though :)
Started to turn into a chore to looking after her but hopefully I can now happily tinker again :)
Just seemed one thing after the next :L

Glad kasandras looking after you :)
I'm always here if you need a chat sweet pea :(

J.Starr

ポケモン - 狂信的な
Its 12:30am, and i thought id read your blog start to finish, never realised how much trouble old mildred had been, but how much its paid off and how good she looks now!
Well done Chloe! xx:)

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
No problem :) she's actually doing really well at the minute :) I fitted her new upgraded fuel pump which seems to be really good
Also found out that my fuel sender unit had previously (not by me) been put in up side down so that could be a reason as to why my mileage is shocking :L
So all seems good not that I want to talk anything up :L xx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
I was looking at the walbro fuel pump originally with a 3 year warranty however I found a kemso fuel pump which had the exact same specs as the walbro but half the price with a life time warranty :)
1464026516209.jpg

It's about a quarter of the size of the original so had to find a way to secure it to the original bracket (cable ties)
Cut the old plug of the original and soldered it to the wires for this pump and chucked it back together :) xx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
No problems seems really good :)
The only thing is if you start, stop, start... For example run into Tesco and out very quickly it sometimes floods the engine other than that I'm really pleased with it :) xxx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Noticed it about two weeks ago and dismissed it/completely slipped my mind, will investigate tomorrow....

Last edited:
I was looking at the walbro fuel pump originally with a 3 year warranty however I found a kemso fuel pump which had the exact same specs as the walbro but half the price with a life time warranty :)
View attachment 49184
It's about a quarter of the size of the original so had to find a way to secure it to the original bracket (cable ties)
Cut the old plug of the original and soldered it to the wires for this pump and chucked it back together :) xx
Where did you buy your fuel pump? Hopefully shes not terminally cooked :S

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Well while mines away having some work done and I'm totally car less I thought I'd wash Clay polish and wax Mildred while Chloe was doing some funky shizzle else.
With it being so hot the car was washed panel by panel washed using auto glym shampoo and conditioner clayed with a direct detailing fine clay bar.
Polished with autobrite brilliance.
And then a layer of orange crush by dodo juice highly suited to the flame red paint.
Here are the results of a few hours.
1468933249099.jpg

1468933262452.jpg

1468933276811.jpg

1468933296114.jpg

1468933309427.jpg

1468933343689.jpg

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Treated Mildred to a nice new radiator as The old is starting to disintegrate :L
1469027779914.jpg

The new one is also alot thicker :)
1469027795013.jpg

Happy times!
Also booked her in for her mot next month... Only time will tell!
X

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Yes its an automatic one :) she's been getting a tad too hot recently so thought I'd check the flow in the rad for a blockage.... I yeah it's pretty knackered :L
Will get it on next days off and hopefully that will solve that problem! Xx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Thermostat all good too Chloe?
Heyaa sweet hope you are feeling better!
Checked it not so long ago and was all OK but if the new radiator dosnt solve it I'll recheck it but TBH I think the internals of the old one have given up TBH... I its looks a mess :L maybe has a partial blockage xxx

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Heyaa sweet hope you are feeling better!
Checked it not so long ago and was all OK but if the new radiator dosnt solve it I'll recheck it but TBH I think the internals of the old one have given up TBH... I its looks a mess :L maybe has a partial blockage xxx
I'm doing alright, things are a little different now but that may not be a bad thing

Reason I asked is, if the rad was full of crud could it have circulated that elsewhere :)

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Glad to hear it! Keep yourself rested!

I'm not sure of the condition of the inside of the old rad ATM but the outside is pretty hammered :L but while ive got her empty I might aswell check it! No harm hey! Give the water pump a check to and I think for peice of mind I shall also check the pipe at the rear of the engine is still sealed nicely :) xxx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Well.... It's that time of year again.... Just dropped Mildred of for her yearly health check... Only time will tell!
1471286671028.jpg

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Yep.... He basically took one look at the car... And did everything in his power to fail it....
Even on the phone to vosa.... Xxx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
I spoke to the other testers there saying that I wernt meaning to be funny or rude but I realy think that it's was a completely unfair test.. They two other tester completely agreed and said he was just being completely monotonous and to get it in for a retest when he isn't there...
Worse thing he's been on to vosa saying its dangerous and now the mot history just looks horrendous as it looks like its a unsafe danger on the road..
(which I can assure you is not the case)
It literally crushed me when I saw the sheets.... Xx