• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Random one... Has anyone had experience of spring assistors on conical springs... Need to stiffen the rear befor I even attempt packing for jae xxx

pollyp

Club Member
The helper/assist springs are mainly there to ensure the main springs are secure when the dampers droop beyond the main springs natural length. Normally these short soft springs are almost totally coil bound under the weight of the car.

To raise the rear end n support heavy load without bottoming out & resting on bumpstops, either increase the spring preload collar and/or fit stiffer coil springs

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Think I shall raise the ride height a bit as its only a slight scrub but on the roads around here it's not worth risking It in the way xxx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Raised up Mildred's back end in preparation for jae travelling....
1441311602878.jpg
1441311614875.jpg

Shes now fully prepared for a nice long journey packed like a donkey :)
Also changed these bumpers :) nearly double the size :D
1441311831097.jpg

Also had a spare set of clock surrounds... So this evening had a little tinker with them and some washi tape :)
1441311777677.jpg

X

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Last minute jae prep :).
1441553492934.jpg

Mainly fixing things I broke a while ago and put on the 'to do' list :p
Also sanded down the dish on the the wheels and gave then a good going over with some cutting compound and then some brasso :)
1441553554429.jpg

X

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Heyaa welcome to the msc0 yeah she's still going just havnt updated it yet :)

Honestly... Not a clue... Bought her with two I can only presume the old Ariel stopped working and indeed of fixing it just put another one in... If I removed the old one there's three holes in the roof so While it's water proof I'll leave it :) xx

Heyaa welcome to the msc0 yeah she's still going just havnt updated it yet :)

Honestly... Not a clue... Bought her with two I can only presume the old Ariel stopped working and indeed of fixing it just put another one in... If I removed the old one there's three holes in the roof so While it's water proof I'll leave it :) xx
Thanks for answering, I was just wondering as it looked kind wierd with the ubiquitous k11 telescopic Ariels and a normal screw on one

I'm not saying it is bad, I am saying it is twice as good! :)

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Phew that is ok then a I have read this whole forum from beggining to end. It is kinda like a story itself, the ups and downs in life as Mildred the micra!
Haahaa bless you thank-you very much
Yeah she's been through a few things bless her but she keeps pulling through :) xx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Thanks for answering, I was just wondering as it looked kind wierd with the ubiquitous k11 telescopic Ariels and a normal screw on one

I'm not saying it is bad, I am saying it is twice as good! :)

Yes it is weird haahaa but if it isn't broken don't break it :L and nice one for noticing :Lol took me two weeks of owning her :L xx

Haahaa bless you thank-you very much
Yeah she's been through a few things bless her but she keeps pulling through :) xx
Have you done much more to her? Can you post some more pics

P.S. I have a 1998 micra passion 3dr in ocean blue ( love it to bits, even though it is bog standard), it has become a family heir loom since my grandad brought it new 16 years ago, but we have never really gave it a name, so if anyone could suggest a boy/mans name it would be appreciated !

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Have you done much more to her? Can you post some more pics

P.S. I have a 1998 micra passion 3dr in ocean blue ( love it to bits, even though it is bog standard), it has become a family heir loom since my grandad brought it new 16 years ago, but we have never really gave it a name, so if anyone could suggest a boy/mans name it would be appreciated !
Ermmm I've just been tinkering recently...
New exhaust and new smoothed rear bumper :) other than that just little bits and bobs :) I'll post some pictures :)

Ooooo lovely :) I look forward to seeing a build thread for him :) xx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Few up to date pictures of Mildred at jae :) better late than never hey!

None of which I have taken myself but a big thank-you to everyone who took some awesome pictures!!
1444141621270.jpg

1444141640906.jpg

1444141657001.jpg

1444141678703.jpg

1444141699508.jpg

1444141735690.jpg

Xx

You can't easily, you'll need the fog light bumper and the wiring. You may already have the wiring, some cars do, if not you'll have to find the wiring diagram.
yeah I know about the bumper and I can get one of those, and I can also get the lights themselves, but how would I know if I had the wiring and where would I find it

yeah I know about the bumper and I can get one of those, and I can also get the lights themselves, but how would I know if I had the wiring and where would I find it

It's fairly obvious, there will be wires hanging behind the front bumper around the place the fog lights should be, they're fairly chunky wires and have a large connector on the end :)

It's fairly obvious, there will be wires hanging behind the front bumper around the place the fog lights should be, they're fairly chunky wires and have a large connector on the end :)

I've just looked, no connectors of any type, how should i go about it now, how would I wire them in manually?

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
@Clodo can you tell me how to fit fog lights to a non fog lights micra as I have never really done a car project, only ever fixed the car when it breaks

You could buy generic fog lights off eBay or get your self the super s or sr front bumper with the fogs in :)

You have been to a micra show I see, Mildred looks the best there! The others look kinda bland, and there is Mildred bright red and with a 'different' interior :)

Haahaa bless you thank-you :) she's very much like marmite.... Love her or hate her! ;)

I've just looked, no connectors of any type, how should i go about it now, how would I wire them in manually?

The loom may also be tucked in side the wings :)

If not a simple wirering diagram for fogs lights :) I'm sure they'll be loads on Google Images :)

Xx

@Clodo - about the build thread in my micra, there will be one eventually, but maybe in a few years, as right now I just haven't got the time and money to so things with the car!

Sent from one of Jupiter's moons using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
@Clodo , it is a good thing I like marmite then, isn't it! - completely off topic, what are your views in marmite?

Haahaa :D I absolutely love marmite :) xx

@Clodo - about the build thread in my micra, there will be one eventually, but maybe in a few years, as right now I just haven't got the time and money to so things with the car!

Ahh that's a shame but ill keep an eye out for a thread :) xxx

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Soo once again Mildred is incontinent.... Drivers seat and door card were soaking wet the other day! I shall keep an eye on it as Odly she's dry to.... Strange hey!

Also I am now insured for another year :) xx

Soo once again Mildred is incontinent.... Drivers seat and door card were soaking wet the other day! I shall keep an eye on it as Odly she's dry to.... Strange hey!

Also I am now insured for another year :) xx
Is your sunroof leaking, or are the water drain pipes blocked ?