• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

Clodo

Club Member
Soo I'm new here so you may have to bear with me :) how ever I'm not new to the micra... I had a 1.3 facelift gx in jt0 Apple green, electric windows. Power steering,central locking in great condition. Interior was mint :) on a T reg, 96.000 on the clock. Unfortunately my little Kermit is in scrap yard heaven :( as I was t- boned on a ring road 30 hours after passing my test ..... Oopsies!... I've been told that isn't the way to lower your car... Slam bar was rolled round on it's self, shassy twisted, dash was shunted, gear box knackered, acceleration peddle shifted, slammed to the floor etc. Need less to say i didn't do it half hearted...View attachment 22505 and after the crashView attachment 22506 I didn't fix it as it had already had a bump before from previous owner then I crashed it and thought if it were to happen a third time (touch wood it dosn't) id be pushing my luck. So I went and got my self a new little project View attachment 22507 this is my little mildred :) rocking an m reg ;) 1.3 LX povo spec, 95.000 on clock. With a little help from MicraPro and dad she's allready looking tons better View attachment 22508 she's getting There, slowy but surely. Got a lot of plans :)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
4 posts and already a member? Nice :D

I do think the bumper should be all black and the "bad boy" removed. Just my opinion though.

Good start so far, any list of plans? Or is it hush hush ;)

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Couldn't stay away ;) hmm...see where your coming from but have to admit I am slightly guilty of loving how evil she looks :D Just a few ideas really nothing set in stone. I'll post some pics soon of what's been done so far. To begin with i'm more interested in making her look pretty than anything else.... Any ideas?

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
I've seen a set of Aquarius muttern b alloys that I really like. cant find them anywhere though :') also the hairpin alloys of an mg but not sure that they will fit... I'm rather fussy with wheels and find it hard to find a set I actually like :/ I can't get after market alloys either because of insurance :/
I agree with that one... I have so much arch gap I could rent it out :L
But 35mm is nice and subtle

sent via carrier pigeon :)

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Just a little update of what's been done so far :)
Boot carpet had some suspicious stains o_O so replaced it with shag pile carpet... Looks a lot nicer I think :D
1368435673046.jpg
Painted wheels just to spruce them up till I find some alloys. They're growing on me though tbh.
1368435791009.jpg
Back end looked a bit plain
1368435907850.jpg
Soo MicraPro very kindly painted and body filled my wrap around spoiler were it had screwed round in the crash and like usual did an amazing job... Looks like New! :O changed the boot handel to the handel of a facelift and painted The badges. New number plates just to spruce it up (made so much difference!) then went on the rare tinted lights and micra mud flaps ^.^
1368436193147.jpg
Speedo surround painted
1368436281217.jpg
CUP HOLDERS! ^.^ (small things please small minds)
1368436458397.jpg
Door cards left a lot to be desired :L
1368436582483.jpg
So got some armrest from a GX and wrapped them :) 1368436645667.jpg
Parcel shelf was next
1368436727181.jpg
Sprayed and fluffy :D
1368436780536.jpg
Seats from a GX as mine had seen their days
1368436851599.jpg
New gear knob
1368436889602.jpg
Wern't a fan of the steering wheel
1368436931576.jpg
Horrible to drive with to. So got a new one :)
1368436986055.jpg
Hand brake surround wrap in carbon
1368437026300.jpg
Super S bumper :)
1368437121740.jpg

I think it's going to be alloys next

Whatcha think so far? ^.^

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Just fancied something abit different :)
WOW! That's brilliant :D the question is what to wrap it in though? I think leopard print on the ceiling might be a little too much :L

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
looking good clodo dont get down hearted about alloys the right set will come to you like they do with the rest of the members on here its often a bargain that sways a sale... i hated gold wheels before i got mine but they were cheap! and now almost a year later there still on for get about alloys and find me a back bumper to spruce up :D
looking awesome so far tho... :cool: keep it up! by means of keep me busy haha :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Think I might have found some alloys :D but it's top secret ;) yes! Bumper next :) I shall be on the search for one! ^.^ especially as I cooked mine o_O damn veg oil!

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Post man came bearing gifts this morning ^.^
1368632418901.jpg
Been taunting me all morning! :( then Lunch break came and couldn't resist :D
1368632533387.jpg
1368632551929.jpg
I'm happy with it ^.^

Attachments

• 1368632451978.jpg
    1368632451978.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 943
sweet!!! love the domo sticker! and quick question , did you place the sr wrap around spoiler or did the come on the car.

shane, Dublin, K11

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
sweet!!! love the domo sticker! and quick question , did you place the sr wrap around spoiler or did the come on the car.

shane, Dublin, K11

Thankyou! :D I bought the wrap around spoiler from a scrap yard £15 :O and stuck it on with tiger seal :) (didn't fancy drilling holes)

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Extremely well! The entrance to my drive has big conifer hedges each side.... Lost count of how many times I've reversed into them.... Not even slightly budged it :)

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Thankyou! :D I bought the wrap around spoiler from a scrap yard £15 :O and stuck it on with tiger seal :) (didn't fancy drilling holes)

It's not tiger seal... It's black UPOL silicon sealant same stuff thats holding mine on too :rollseyes:

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Alloys are in the post :D YAYYY! Estimated delivery day is Tuesday ^.^ cant wait to get them on Mildred!

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
I did think that :/ I reckon though that'll look better when I get a splitter on her :) if not i'll put it in the other bolt hole an inch or two behind :)

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Heehee ;) tbh when the man came struggling down the drive with it I thought ooop! Hang on where's the rest :L

OP
OP
Clodo

Clodo

Club Member
Mildreds old shoes have been replaced :D they were a set of painted steelies
1369134171469.jpg
With a lot of swearing and nearly sending the alloys through the windscreen.... They're on! :D basically when I took her to Wilco to get her new tyres they must have got the incredible hulk to come in especially to tighten the wheel nuts -.- I'm not the lightest of people I'm a good 9 1/2 stone and me jumping on the wheel brace wasn't even tickling it
But they're on and I'm very happy with them :D
1369134516367.jpg
Her wheel arches were filthy so the got a good clean :)
1369134574528.jpg
1369134597568.jpg
1369134620505.jpg

What'd you think ? :)