MIG TIME!

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
Well despite the setbacks of the small bump. i now have a mig welder as planned! yay. first job was an exhuast on the black K10 super. it now h a buitifull slash cut flame bunt Back box on it! and sounds the nuts! Very Very VERY loud! :laugh: as he didnt want any other boxes. just started looking at making my own spec front and rear strut braces. 2 different specs for the front and 3 for the rear. road, track and full race!:glance: ill get a pic of the K10 ASAP

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Excellent - migs are great, the one I've got gets used all the time :) You want to get one of those automatic darkening masks also, make life allot easier.

Ed

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
Yeah the visor it came with is pritty crap but works althoug i have nice tanned ears! lol and spater filled hair! need to find a nice supplier of stainless steel and get soome discs cut fo strutbraces

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
ive got both MIG and ARC and are both very usefull indeed.
i was using the MIG last night to weld the plate across the back of the k11 tailgate ..:D is all good.

which reminds me im also gonna have to go get some new gas for the welder aswell.

loads of stickss :D helpfull when ur dad works with them all the time

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I rent the gas bottle from BOC. Works out cheaper in the long run that way :) Dont forget for stainless you will need stainless wire and also idealy different gas,

Ed

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
yup i know lol i want a tig welder but ther mega expensive oh well my MIG welding is gd enough. i managed to do stainless to mild with a 3mm gap to bridge last night so its all gd!iv got 5 different designs of front and rear strut bars to build!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
tig doesnt offer that much of an advantage to be honest. If you have a good mig that will do all you need. For example my carbs had to be welded with mig, the tig welder brought out too many impuirities.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
yeah but i would like a tig for doing show peices like exhaust manifolds and strut bars and wishbones as o can get a much better finish with tig